FT: P4 3.0 Prescott Socket 478

KowHunta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Pentium 4 "Prescott" Socket 478 - Asking around $125 shipped. Includes a Coolermaster heatsink/fan, to keep it at a proper temperature. (Naturally, the CPU has HyperThreading)

So here's the story:

So I'm going to upgrade to a AMD64, haven't really intensively used this one. I'm looking to get around $125 or so for it, including a non-stock heatsink/fan. I'm not sure where the original heatsink/fan are, but they were really really shitty, the system actually came somewhat close to overheating with them. The heatsink included is a Coolermaster, which keeps it MUCH cooler. It's important to note that if your computer doesn't have case fans, you might want to get some just to be on the safe side. My friend bought the same one, and his runs fine without any case fans, just a little hot. I've used it to rip quite a few DVDs and CDs, and I'm extremely pleased with the speeds it gets. At any rate, I'm just ready to move on to the 64 bit age, and you can get yourself a cheap cpu! This is a really nice processor!

Also, if you'd like, I could throw in a D865PERL motherboard for a few bucks. It's a nice mobo, has AGP, 4 slots for ram, more than enough PCI slots, SATA. I'll throw in IDE cables and SATA cables if you'd like.

Tell you what, I'm new here but I happen to have an Athlon 64 3200+ Socket 754 here that needs to be RMAd, but if you're interested let me know, we might want to discuss trading my CPU (i'll throw in a Masscool fan as well) for your CPU and Motherboard. BTW, make sure to spring for something with PCI-E support, it's the way to go!

I dunno, I'm wanting to get a 3500+, but I may settle for that. I'll have to think about it, though. I'm def. going PCIE, it's just a money issue atm. But that's what credit cards are for, right? Put 400 or 500 on it, and pay 200 a month. Temptation to max out my cards is great, but thank god I've got discipline! Hehe. I don't particularly need the fan, since I'm getting a Scythe FCS-50 (check it out, it's a huge, badass fan). But I'll mull it over, and let ya know.

Let me know within the next day or two, if you can. If you don't feel like going with it don't worry about it, I'm getting my money back as it is.

[quote name='KowHunta']I thought RMA'ed stuff got replaced, not refunded?[/QUOTE]

Usually it would, but it was absolutely their fault I got the wrong socket CPU and I'm $200 in the hole because of them as it is.

bread's done
Back