Fullmetal Alchemist DVD's 20% Off :)

[quote name='thorbahn3']Is there any difference between the DVDs and what they show on Adult Swim?[/QUOTE]

Other then 1 or 2 very minor edits Adult Swim made, it has been shown Uncut so the DVDs will basicly be the same as what has been shown. However, the DVDs leave intact the original OP and ED, which were changed for AS in order to give the bands that already had some material in the US some more exposure.

Also if you're looking for the movie, best deal is Walmart. They have a two-pack of the movie and volume 1 for $19.82

If you already have volume 1, just ebay it, make $10+ back.

[quote name='Bezerker']Also if you're looking for the movie, best deal is Walmart. They have a two-pack of the movie and volume 1 for $19.82

If you already have volume 1, just ebay it, make $10+ back.[/quote]

berserker is this for a limited time? or what? cuz i checked my walmart and they didn't have any of those double packs :(

oh and i ordered FMA Vol. 13 from BestBuy.com...excellent deal :)

[quote name='animemaniac14']berserker is this for a limited time? or what? cuz i checked my walmart and they didn't have any of those double packs :(

oh and i ordered FMA Vol. 13 from BestBuy.com...excellent deal :)[/QUOTE]

When I got the double pack with the movie there was only like 3 on the shelf. I don't think they got that many at my walmart.

Since all the Volumes are done and the Movie is out. Its only time before they start releasing boxsets. Either One Boxset or Two Boxsets. I predict 2.

Funi usually waits a year before doing a boxset. They're pretty smart sometimes when it comes to marketing. Why release the LE version of a movie 2 months after the regular? Because the people who want the LE will get ancy and just buy the regular edition, then once it comes out, they'll also buy the LE version.

lol, well I'm still patient enough to wait a year for a boxset. The dvds are still 2 expensive to get them @ that price. I'll just be patient and wait, lol.

I know this is an old thread, but I thought maybe people browsing around for FMA deals would like to know the best place to get (nearly) every volume is columbiahouse.com. Vol 1-7 are available for enrollment, so it's like 6 for .49+1 more at $10. I got the first seven volumes for about $13 shipped.
Now I'm working on Samurai Champloo :D
Check out dvdtalk.com forums for more info on the club.

Colombia House is a bit fishy. Look how many topics there are about people getting overcharged by $20-$50.

Basically the fine print is that if you do the 5 dvds for 49 cents, you gotta buy 5 more for $19.95 + shipping/processing. But if you get the 5 dvds for 49 cents, the 6th for $15, and the 7th for $10, you only have to buy 4 more.

Its tempting assuming they dont raise the prices on all their items, or give you a crap selection for the 5 $19.95 dvds you have to buy.

Does the walmart 2 pack come with the
Shambala Movie 3D cover like Borders has?

Also are the 2 packs individually sealed
under the outside wrap?

[quote name='Bezerker']Colombia House is a bit fishy. Look how many topics there are about people getting overcharged by $20-$50.[/quote]This is true, and I am someone that was overcharged $50 :< Although, I was taking advantage of an uber glitch, and in the end, it still equals about $10 a movie for $13, and most of them are Samurai Champloo and FMA, which I know can easily sell for $20 a volume. It's a good deal usually if you see the big picture.

Basically the fine print is that if you do the 5 dvds for 49 cents, you gotta buy 5 more for $19.95 + shipping/processing. But if you get the 5 dvds for 49 cents, the 6th for $15, and the 7th for $10, you only have to buy 4 more.
The current best code for enrollment (which can be found at dvdtalk forums) is for 6 @ .49, + 1 @ $9.99 (which counts as commitment), and then you buy 2 more within two years. With some simple math, it's easy to see (if they don't mess anything up), that you get the enrollment for about $13 and then two more movies totalling $48.22 (including tax and shipping in CA). This is about $62 for 9 movies, averaging $6.88 per movie. Damn good if you work it right.

Its tempting assuming they dont raise the prices on all their items, or give you a crap selection for the 5 $19.95 dvds you have to buy.
After enrollment, your selections can be made from anywhere on the site (as long as they are $19.95 or above, which most decent movies are). Some studioes aren't carried, however, such as Disney (has own club) or fox, but you can still get some great movies for little money, and simply cancel and start over.

bread's done
Back