Fun local multiplayer game suggestions

shorj998

CAGiversary!
I'm trying to get my girlfriend into gaming, but it's definitely all new to her. She's excited about it, but I want to find games she'd enjoy too. This is the 360 forum, but I'm certainly open to PS3 suggestions as well. Thanks for the help!

My girlfriend doesn't really play games on her own, but she did have an NES growing up, and recently has played games like Limbo and Psychonauts. The games we enjoy playing together most are Castle Crashers and Splosion Man. Splosion Man might be difficult for someone who hasn't really played games before, because it relies heavily on timing and may be frustrating for someone who isn't experienced with the controls.

Castle Crashers on the other hand, is very easy to pick up and play. Like most brawlers, the gameplay is pretty repetitive, but still fun, which let's you converse while playing. That seems to be an important feature of a good girlfriend game. The cute artwork doesn't hurt either. Both of the above games have trials, so there's no risk in giving them a shot.

We played the Wallace & Gromit games as well as some Sam & Max on the PC, but they're also available on the 360. They're not multiplayer, but we had fun passing the controller and figuring out the puzzles together.

We also play quite a bit of Scene It and Rock Band, but I'm not sure if those are the kind of games you're looking for.

edit: I was just looking through my played games list and remembered we rented The Simpsons Game and she really liked it. I thought the gameplay was so-so, but it was fun to play with her and it was pretty funny. We definitely had a good time. It's probably pretty cheap now and I believe there is a demo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd recommend the above-mentioned games - rock band, limbo, scene it, castle crashers
Bomberman is always fun.

Girls stereotypically enjoy racing games, so maybe Hydro Thunder or the Sega All Stars Racing game?

I'd say in general, it would help if you guys did things cooperatively too. My girlfriend and I like playing RE5, L4D and Gears because we are working together. She is also not new to games though, so I understand those kinds of games have a bit of a barrier to entry. I think there are a lot of good arcade and indie games that could be fun though, like Bust a move, puzzle bobble (or whatever its called), Zombie Estate (indie)

bread's done
Back