Feedback
123 (100%)
  1. FUNimation BOGO "Buy 1 Get 1 Free"
  2. ADV Films "Buy 2 Get $20 off"
  3. Geneon BOGO
Where: Suncoast/Fye

Sale starts : April 10/2008
Sale ends: ??????

And don't forget on Sunday, April 27.All Anime DVDs are " Buy 1 Get 1 Free" ANIMANIA -Cosplay Contest-Trivia-Give aways

Unless your store is doing it differently, all the other stores running ANimania are doing B1G150% off.

But thats good news about the Funi sale. $50 for two complete series boxsets. Not bad at all.

[quote name='bigl523']Of course this comes out after i finish buying the rest of school rumble :bomb:[/quote]

man i swear...kidnextdoor, you subscribe to every forum I DO lol. but then again...so does berzerker!

this sale is going to be amazing....ly painful o_O

promo_animania.gif

[quote name='bigl523']Of course this comes out after i finish buying the rest of school rumble :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Ah, but *I* only have the first 2 volumes that Best Buy put on clearance...so this may work out for me. ;)

Just a note for people that only want one thing, rightstuf is still running 40% off funimation dvds through April 13, 2008. 10% less but no need to buy stuff in batches of 2 and a better selection by far than my local FYE at least.

[quote name='Grico']Just a note for people that only want one thing, rightstuf is still running 40% off funimation dvds through April 13, 2008. 10% less but no need to buy stuff in batches of 2 and a better selection by far than my local FYE at least.[/QUOTE]

That rightstuf sale is kind of bogus I was interested in the Baki 2nd season, and after doing a search online and comparing it to rightstuf even using the gotanime membership, it was cheaper getting the season on deepdiscount with free shipping for 30.74$, at rightstuf it came at almost 33$ with 3$ shipping....so before buying check other stores, then do it....

[quote name='hcamacho']That rightstuf sale is kind of bogus I was interested in the Baki 2nd season, and after doing a search online and comparing it to rightstuf even using the gotanime membership, it was cheaper getting the season on deepdiscount with free shipping for 30.74$, at rightstuf it came at almost 33$ with 3$ shipping....so before buying check other stores, then do it....[/quote]

i think the baki the grappler set at DD MAY be a price mistake...plus that extra $3 is WORTH IT for the service that TRSI offers...in comparison to the crappy service and probably destroyed box you will most likely get from the people at DD

[quote name='animemaniac14']i think the baki the grappler set at DD MAY be a price mistake...plus that extra $3 is WORTH IT for the service that TRSI offers...in comparison to the crappy service and probably destroyed box you will most likely get from the people at DD[/QUOTE]

Never had a problem with DD before, so ......

I spoke too soon, the only volumes of School Rumble my FYE has are 1, 2 & 4. I don't suppose this sale is good online as well?

So this sale is at both suncoast and fye? I have an FYE near me, but not a suncoast. Also, is the buy one get one free thing only for individual DVDs, or could you get one boxed set or season and get another one for free? Thanks for any info. I know my friend has been wanting to buy the inuyasha seasons for a while now.

[quote name='argyle']I spoke too soon, the only volumes of School Rumble my FYE has are 1, 2 & 4. I don't suppose this sale is good online as well?[/quote]

You can special order the other volumes, as long as they come in while the deal is still going on (usually takes 3-4 business days for the order to come in), you can take part in the deal.

And it is Buy 1 Get 1 Free on all funimation dvds, boxes or singles.

[quote name='argyle']I spoke too soon, the only volumes of School Rumble my FYE has are 1, 2 & 4. I don't suppose this sale is good online as well?[/quote]

alright, now i don't feel bad about paying 17 bux each for 3-6 :)

Just add ADV Films "Buy 2 Anime DVDs Get $20 off".

alright, now i don't feel bad about paying 17 bux each for 3-6 :)
Do you have Backstage Pass Card?
My birthday is in this month, so I have to wait a few days to use my Backstage Pass Card in order to take 20% off purchase.

So this sale is at both suncoast and fye? I have an FYE near me, but not a suncoast. Also, is the buy one get one free thing only for individual DVDs, or could you get one boxed set or season and get another one for free? Thanks for any info. I know my friend has been wanting to buy the inuyasha seasons for a while now

Yes, you can buy s box set and get another one for free.You have to wait until 4/27 so you can buy 1 get 1 free for Inuyasha Seasons(Viz media).

[quote name='hiamiyumi']Just add ADV Films "Buy 2 Anime DVDs Get $20 off".

My birthday is in this month, so I have to wait a few days to use my Backstage Pass Card in order to take 20% off purchase.

Yes, you can buy s box set and get another one for free.You have to wait until 4/27 so you can buy 1 get 1 free for Inuyasha Seasons(Viz media).
__________________[/quote]

wait so the B1G1 during the animania sale is going to include VIZ?! if so that will be AMAZING so i can get Death Note Vol. 3 and something else VIZ does...

[quote name='animemaniac14']wait so the B1G1 during the animania sale is going to include VIZ?! if so that will be AMAZING so i can get Death Note Vol. 3 and something else VIZ does...[/quote]

Yes. If the DVD is anime, it's BOBO on 4/27

[quote name='hiamiyumi']Just add ADV Films "Buy 2 Anime DVDs Get $20 off".

__________________[/quote]

No, last month at rightstuf vol's 3-5 were ~$17 and then with the latest treasure coupon I picked up vol 5 for 20 shipped.

According to someone who works at the worst FYE in the state, the B1G1 deal should be going on for a couple weeks. So if there is something you want that they dont have, order it!

It only costs a $2-$5 deposit to special order items, and since it is a deposit, it does come off the total price.

Dropped by the Santa Anita Mall Suncoast in CA today.

Picked up Full Metal Alchemist Seasons One (Part 1 and 2) and Season 2 (Part 1), along with the Black Cat series thinpak, two volumes of Kurau, and a Backstage Pass for less than $130.

The deals were:

Buy 1 Funimation title, Get 1 Free

Buy 1 Geneon title, Get 1 Free

Buy 2 ADV titles, Get $20 Off

The prices they used for the "On Sale" stickered merchandise was the "On Sale" price. So Black Cat was normally tagged at $69.99, but it rings up for this deal as its "On Sale" tag, $49.99. Also, I was able to mix Geneon and Funimation titles for their B1G1 deal.

Just a heads up for anyone still looking for the Funimation BOGO, my local FYE was not running the Funi deal. Hopefully they'll honor the Animania deal in a couple of weeks.

[quote name='abhinav']I see death note, i will buy death note. Death Note.[/QUOTE]

If you like Death Note you should really see the Live Action TV Movie they made based on it in Japan it is really interesting. I watched it online and it is two parts too bad the site I watched it on doesn't have it anymore.

I hope my local Suncoast has the missing parts of Samuari Champloo that I need to get.

My local FYE has signs for the Funimationa and Geneon BOGO, but they do not have one for the ADV deal.

Does anyone else's FYE not have a sign for it, but is still doing it or does no sign mean no deal?

I guess I could ask someone at FYE, but I wanted to hear about other FYE's first.

Plus, is the 4/27 BOGO just for Suncoast?

both the fye's near me are running the sale but the first one has no anime in stock so im going to the second one tomorrow to finish off mushi-shi & get the last volume of samurai champloo.

[quote name='B:L']Dropped by the Santa Anita Mall Suncoast in CA today.

Picked up Full Metal Alchemist Seasons One (Part 1 and 2) and Season 2 (Part 1), along with the Black Cat series thinpak, two volumes of Kurau, and a Backstage Pass for less than $130.
[/quote]

I have the individual volumes of the FMA series and i was wonder what the difference was with seasons and what i have. Are there more special features or anything?

[quote name='abhinav']I have the individual volumes of the FMA series and i was wonder what the difference was with seasons and what i have. Are there more special features or anything?[/quote]
I haven't opened them up yet, but from the packaging, each season set comes with it's own Guidebook.

[quote name='abhinav']I have the individual volumes of the FMA series and i was wonder what the difference was with seasons and what i have. Are there more special features or anything?[/quote]
[quote name='B:L']I haven't opened them up yet, but from the packaging, each season set comes with it's own Guidebook.[/quote]
The season sets are just the single discs, but repackaged. The "guidebook" is just a box/folder with the guidebooks from the singles.

If you have the singles, it'd be a waste to buy the season sets.

Dont be surprised if Funi does a complete boxset with a bonus disc you can only get with that boxset.

They never released the Premium OVA's or the Reflections OVA in America. I remember when they delayed the Limited Edition version of the movie by two months so people that wanted to buy the LE had to either buy the regular edition, or wait 2 months to get the LE version.

[quote name='Bezerker']Dont be surprised if Funi does a complete boxset with a bonus disc you can only get with that boxset.

They never released the Premium OVA's or the Reflections OVA in America. I remember when they delayed the Limited Edition version of the movie by two months so people that wanted to buy the LE had to either buy the regular edition, or wait 2 months to get the LE version.[/quote]

Are we still talking about FMA here? There was an OVA and a LE version?

It's a shame I have no local FYEs or Suncoasts anymore. The FYE and Suncoast that were in the Olympia, WA are closed down. :(

[quote name='abhinav']Are we still talking about FMA here? There was an OVA and a LE version?[/quote]

Yea, FMA. The movie is Conquerer of Shamballa, which had a LE and about 4 different versions of the regular edition (one had a lenticular cover, one had a bonus disc, one came with volume 1 of the anime, etc)

In japan they released a dvd called the Premium Collection. It included 5 OVA's, 3 being original creations, 1 being an OVA that is a summary of the series with new point of views (including a great POV from Envy before the end of the series where he transforms into a dragon- trying to be somewhat spoiler free), and the last ova is the video that they showed during the FMA ride at Universal Studios Japan.

Other than the reflections OVA, which is an hour or so, the other ones are only 3-11 minutes long. But the disc would be a good reason to make people buy the entire boxset if it was released as an exclusive.

Wow, i think we need to get back on topic ;-).

Been looking at their prices and so far they seem to be more then 50% higher then most of the other stores. What exactly are people buying that makes this sale half-way decent?

i just have a lot of credit to FYE :whistle2:D so it's no big deal for me to spend $50 and have it only be about $5 in cash that i paid to get that credit

[quote name='Brian9824']Been looking at their prices and so far they seem to be more then 50% higher then most of the other stores. What exactly are people buying that makes this sale half-way decent?[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not sure either... It seems like they're selling at full MSRP. I was a little upset at first that they didn't have something I wanted but if I wait for DD's 20% off sale, I can get what I wanted for less than what I would've paid at FYE had they had the items in stock. I mean, if you don't have patience to wait for DD's sale or their relatively long ship times, I can see why you'd love this sale.

[quote name='Brian9824']Been looking at their prices and so far they seem to be more then 50% higher then most of the other stores. What exactly are people buying that makes this sale half-way decent?[/quote]

Most of their series boxsets are $50-60, so that makes them $25-$30 each. Seems pretty reasonable for a complete series. Plus you can get credit there for at least half cost ($1 cash gets you $2 credit) at all times, with rates going up to $1 cash for every $14 in credit.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I tried again.
I tried to get FMA season 1 part 1 AND Two, and i didn't get B1G1!
They told me to come back on the 27th.[/quote]
What the heck...

Did they have signs advertising B1G1 for Funimation? If so, stick those in their face.

[quote name='Bezerker']Most of their series boxsets are $50-60, so that makes them $25-$30 each. Seems pretty reasonable for a complete series. Plus you can get credit there for at least half cost ($1 cash gets you $2 credit) at all times, with rates going up to $1 cash for every $14 in credit.[/quote]

So, is there a thread with some good things to trade in for credit?

bread's done
Back