Feedback
123 (100%)
  1. FUNimation BOGO "Buy 1 Get 1 Free"
  2. ADV Films "Buy 2 Get $20 off"
  3. Geneon BOGO
Where: Suncoast/Fye

Sale starts : April 10/2008
Sale ends: ??????

And don't forget on Sunday, April 27.All Anime DVDs are " Buy 1 Get 1 Free" ANIMANIA -Cosplay Contest-Trivia-Give aways

*******got back from Suncoast today and the cashier told me " the ANIMANIA BOGO on 4/27/08 will only apply for Geneon and Funi" The same BOGO deal they have right now.

[quote name='hiamiyumi']*******got back from Suncoast today and the cashier told me " the ANIMANIA BOGO on 4/27/08 will only apply for Geneon and Funi" The same BOGO deal they have right now.[/quote]

WHAT?! NO DEATH NOTE :(

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Full Metal is Funi, right? I'll go on the 27th, and see if they finally let me buy.[/quote]

If you're referring to Full Metal Panic: THe Second Raid or Fullmetal Alchemist, yes.

What a shame that this deal is going to end a week before the FMP: TSR boxset comes out. But at least I should be able to pick up all of Black Blood Bros & Shin Chan season 1

Slayers should be a decent deal if they have 2 seasons. They are 40.00 each retail, so they would be 20 each. I recommend Seasons 1 and 2 if you like jokey mind-90s fantasy series. Some of the other veridian boxsets would be decent deals as well. My local FYE has terrible selection so I have nothing to put together to make the deal worth it

[quote name='Bezerker']If you're referring to Full Metal Panic: THe Second Raid or Fullmetal Alchemist, yes.

What a shame that this deal is going to end a week before the FMP: TSR boxset comes out. But at least I should be able to pick up all of Black Blood Bros & Shin Chan season 1[/quote]

I mean Alchemist. All the stores I've been to don't let me do BOGO on the seasons.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I mean Alchemist. All the stores I've been to don't let me do BOGO on the seasons.[/quote]

Well, take 2 to the registers. The computer should do it anyways. The signs list no exclusions except for used stuff....

[quote name='darylfoot']Well, take 2 to the registers. The computer should do it anyways. The signs list no exclusions except for used stuff....[/quote]

That's what I do.
It rings up to around 100. I told them, and showed them the sign. The sign they have doesn't list exclusions except Used, but the manager said it's only for Gen. This is at 3 local stores I tried :/

[quote name='Veronica Mars']That's what I do.
It rings up to around 100. I told them, and showed them the sign. The sign they have doesn't list exclusions except Used, but the manager said it's only for Gen. This is at 3 local stores I tried :/[/quote]
The FUNimation B1G1 promotion doesn't apply to all stores, therefore YMMV. I have one store that isn't running it while the other three have it.

Technically, all the stores are running it, you just gotta get the name of the promotion code, which will be on the receipt for a purchase made where the B1G1 goes through

So is the Funimation BOGO only on the 27th? I might get someone to pick up FMA Season 2 Part 1 and Part 2 on that day then...

Edit: Also, is it less in store than on the website? I could've sworn the seasons were cheaper than $45 (website price) when I visited an FYE last time I was in the States.

Okay, fellow Las Vegans, let's stop buying until Sunday. ;) Hehehe... I guess I'll be browsing local FYEs and Suncoasts come Sunday. Woo!

[quote name='Firestorm']So is the Funimation BOGO only on the 27th? I might get someone to pick up FMA Season 2 Part 1 and Part 2 on that day then...

Edit: Also, is it less in store than on the website? I could've sworn the seasons were cheaper than $45 (website price) when I visited an FYE last time I was in the States.[/quote]

The B1G1 Funi & Geneon is going on now until mid-May. Unfortunately the store is more expensive in most cases then the website. They do not match prices.

The Roosevelt Field Mall location on Long Island has the deal going. In fact, an employee saw me holding two FMA DVD's and she was like "ya know those are Buy-1-Get-1-Free, right?" They had little displays for the sale in the DVD racks too.

Picked up the final two FMA volumes, completing my collection. They came to $15 each (after discount), which isn't amazing, but I really wanted to finish my collection before those "Viridian" reprints completely replaced the original editions on the shelves. Thanks OP!

[quote name='BustaUppa']The Roosevelt Field Mall location on Long Island has the deal going. In fact, an employee saw me holding two FMA DVD's and she was like "ya know those are Buy-1-Get-1-Free, right?" They had little displays for the sale in the DVD racks too.

Picked up the final two FMA volumes, completing my collection. They came to $15 each (after discount), which isn't amazing, but I really wanted to finish my collection before those "Viridian" reprints completely replaced the original editions on the shelves. Thanks OP![/quote]

I never asked, but what's bad about the Viridian Collection? Those are the one's that go on sale, so I buy those...

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I never asked, but what's bad about the Viridian Collection? Those are the one's that go on sale, so I buy those...[/QUOTE]Outside of smearing one's conscience as an obsessively anal collector, I couldn't tell ya. I normally don't even care about such things, but since I got those nice tin "starter sets" and everything, I figured I'd go all-out for FMA.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I never asked, but what's bad about the Viridian Collection? Those are the one's that go on sale, so I buy those...[/quote]
The Viridian single releases do not include inserts. The Viridian boxsets come in cheap cardboard containers which scratch discs fairly easily, and are also rather flimsy.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Outside of smearing one's conscience as an obsessively anal collector, I couldn't tell ya. I normally don't even care about such things, but since I got those nice tin "starter sets" and everything, I figured I'd go all-out for FMA.[/quote]

Yeah, I wanted the tins, but I can't find them anywhere. Do they come with the season set's?

I bought a regular version of FMA vol.1 and it doesn't come with anything. Just the upcoming release paper.

[quote name='deathscythehe']The Viridian single releases do not include inserts. The Viridian boxsets come in cheap cardboard containers which scratch discs fairly easily, and are also rather flimsy.[/QUOTE]ohhh thanks for the heads-up! Nice to know I got something tangible for the extra money. :D

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Yeah, I wanted the tins, but I can't find them anywhere. Do they come with the season set's?[/QUOTE]Nah, the three tins come with special editions of Volumes 1, 6, and 10, respectively. Each "starter set" contains the tin, the single DVD volume, a volume of the FMA CD soundtrack, and some sort of toy. It's that anime gimmick where you get the big box and then you gotta buy the rest of the DVDs to fill it up.

[quote name='BustaUppa']

Nah, the three tins come with special editions of Volumes 1, 6, and 10, respectively. Each "starter set" contains the tin, the single DVD volume, a volume of the FMA CD soundtrack, and some sort of toy. It's that anime gimmick where you get the big box and then you gotta buy the rest of the DVDs to fill it up.[/quote]

Are these hard to find or what? I've never seen them in person :/

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Are these hard to find or what? I've never seen them in person :/[/QUOTE]None are available new on Amazon.com anymore, so they're probably out of print. Cheapest used copy of Volume 1 on Amazon is going for $104.93 :whistle2:(

[quote name='BustaUppa']None are available new on Amazon.com anymore, so they're probably out of print. Cheapest used copy of Volume 1 on Amazon is going for $104.93 :whistle2:([/quote]

Oh well :/
It's okay, because I feel bad when I bent/smudge/some-how-ruin them.

so curious question...does FYE check your driver's license on your birthday or what? cuz im really wanting to use my BSP to get 20% off and trying to figure out a way to do it :(

[quote name='animemaniac14']so curious question...does FYE check your driver's license on your birthday or what? cuz im really wanting to use my BSP to get 20% off and trying to figure out a way to do it :([/quote]

Yes,my local Suncoast checked my DL and I bought a lot of anime with 20% off.

[quote name='BustaUppa']ohhh thanks for the heads-up! Nah, the three tins come with special editions of Volumes 1, 6, and 10, respectively. Each "starter set" contains the tin, the single DVD volume, a volume of the FMA CD soundtrack, and some sort of toy. It's that anime gimmick where you get the big box and then you gotta buy the rest of the DVDs to fill it up.[/QUOTE]

No toy, just the box, DVD, and soundtrack disc. They're a bit tricky to display, since they're pretty clearly meant to be in a horizontal position.

(I would love to find out my much my FMA set is worth one day... all the discs, all 3 tins and soundtracks, the LE version of the movie with all the goodies, 5 or so promotional artcards for different volumes, and 4 autographs from english VAs. :bouncy:)

Just came back from my local Suncoast and they only did "ANIMANIA days:Buy 1 get second one 50% off for all Anime DVDs" (Funi and Geneon anime are still BOGO).

The next deal for Anime DVDs will be "Buy 2 Get 1 Free for all ADV Films". It'll begin on April,29.

I'm tempted to try to pick up some Samurai Champloo and FMA. But the FYE and Suncoasts are too far for me to bother with Sacramento gas prices and Sunday traffic.

Where do you guys go to check out release dates etc. for anime sets? I just watched the first 25 eps. of the Blood + series and can't figure out when the next set will be released in the States.

[quote name='rothgar24']Where do you guys go to check out release dates etc. for anime sets? I just watched the first 25 eps. of the Blood + series and can't figure out when the next set will be released in the States.[/quote]

Animeondvd.com is pretty reliable. Sony hasnt said anything about boxset 2 for Blood+, but it should hopefully be out by 2010. Sony has dropped EVERY anime series they've licensed before it was completed, so a late release would be better than none.

[quote name='hiamiyumi']Just came back from my local Suncoast and they only did "ANIMANIA days:Buy 1 get second one 50% off for all Anime DVDs" (Funi and Geneon anime are still BOGO).

The next deal for Anime DVDs will be "Buy 2 Get 1 Free for all ADV Films". It'll begin on April,29.[/quote]

My local store had NO special deals going on for Animania, except the same old Funimation/Geneon/ADV sales.

I am pretty angry right now.

[quote name='Bezerker']Animeondvd.com is pretty reliable. Sony hasnt said anything about boxset 2 for Blood+, but it should hopefully be out by 2010. Sony has dropped EVERY anime series they've licensed before it was completed, so a late release would be better than none.[/quote]

Thanks for the site. I won't hold my breath on the Blood+ part 2 release then.

[quote name='B:L']My local store had NO special deals going on for Animania, except the same old Funimation/Geneon/ADV sales.

I am pretty angry right now.[/quote]

My store had the BOGO 50% off. Blech.

[quote name='hiamiyumi']
[/quote]

This sign has been clearly advertised outside my local Suncoast for the past month now, so I decided to stop by there today and pick up the 4 volumes of Deathnote (which were in order 24.99, 24.99, 22.99, and 19.99). I took them to the counter, got an earfull about the Suncoast reward program, declined, then she told me the price of 95.72 or something like that. I asked her about the BOGO free sale on "hundreds of anime dvds" and she told me it only applied to Geneon and Funi, asked her coworker, and he said the same thing.

I asked about the sign in front of the store that advertises this sale and he said "he sees it every day and knows it's only Geneon and Funi". I told him that Deathnote and VIZ are clearly on the poster and he shrugged, asked me to go outside with him and point it out. I did and he still denied the sale. I pointed Deathnote and VIZ out AGAIN, and he said that they weren't the ones that made the poster, their company did. I asked him "don't you work for THAT company?" He still denied that VIZ and DN were a part of the sale and refused to sell me them at that price. This whole time, the girls just snapping her eyes, chewing her gum. I told them to piss off and I'll take my business elsewhere. It would have been nice getting these DVDs for the advertised sale price, but with service like that I wouldn't have bought from them anyway. :bomb: :cry:

[quote name='thePhildown']This sign has been clearly advertised outside my local Suncoast for the past month now, so I decided to stop by there today and pick up the 4 volumes of Deathnote (which were in order 24.99, 24.99, 22.99, and 19.99). I took them to the counter, got an earfull about the Suncoast reward program, declined, then she told me the price of 95.72 or something like that. I asked her about the BOGO free sale on "hundreds of anime dvds" and she told me it only applied to Geneon and Funi, asked her coworker, and he said the same thing.

I asked about the sign in front of the store that advertises this sale and he said "he sees it every day and knows it's only Geneon and Funi". I told him that Deathnote and VIZ are clearly on the poster and he shrugged, asked me to go outside with him and point it out. I did and he still denied the sale. I pointed Deathnote and VIZ out AGAIN, and he said that they weren't the ones that made the poster, their company did. I asked him "don't you work for THAT company?" He still denied that VIZ and DN were a part of the sale and refused to sell me them at that price. This whole time, the girls just snapping her eyes, chewing her gum. I told them to piss off and I'll take my business elsewhere. It would have been nice getting these DVDs for the advertised sale price, but with service like that I wouldn't have bought from them anyway. :bomb: :cry:[/quote]

EXACT same thing happened to me. I pointed out the ad and the girl worker just stared while the guy denied the deal.

There was a fat-ass manager there too who said "OH GEEZ" and rolled her eyes when I was asking, as well.

Hence, angry. :bomb:

[quote name='B:L']EXACT same thing happened to me. I pointed out the ad and the girl worker just stared while the guy denied the deal.

There was a fat-ass manager there too who said "OH GEEZ" and rolled her eyes when I was asking, as well.

Hence, angry. :bomb:[/quote]

The sucky thing about this is that Suncoast is (was) one of my favorite stores to shop at for anime and used dvds/blurays because of some sales and credit. I would go shop at another Suncoast, but this one is the only one I know of in a 50 mile radius! It's crappy how one or two salesman can ruin a whole store for you. :bomb:

[quote name='thePhildown']This sign has been clearly advertised outside my local Suncoast for the past month now, so I decided to stop by there today and pick up the 4 volumes of Deathnote (which were in order 24.99, 24.99, 22.99, and 19.99). I took them to the counter, got an earfull about the Suncoast reward program, declined, then she told me the price of 95.72 or something like that. I asked her about the BOGO free sale on "hundreds of anime dvds" and she told me it only applied to Geneon and Funi, asked her coworker, and he said the same thing.

I asked about the sign in front of the store that advertises this sale and he said "he sees it every day and knows it's only Geneon and Funi". I told him that Deathnote and VIZ are clearly on the poster and he shrugged, asked me to go outside with him and point it out. I did and he still denied the sale. I pointed Deathnote and VIZ out AGAIN, and he said that they weren't the ones that made the poster, their company did. I asked him "don't you work for THAT company?" He still denied that VIZ and DN were a part of the sale and refused to sell me them at that price. This whole time, the girls just snapping her eyes, chewing her gum. I told them to piss off and I'll take my business elsewhere. It would have been nice getting these DVDs for the advertised sale price, but with service like that I wouldn't have bought from them anyway. :bomb: :cry:[/quote]

Better then my store.
The sale was only for one hour. They didn't have posters or anything so I could point it out.

My local Suncoast wasn't sure what the deal is with the B1G1 promo and overrode the prices for me. I didn't see too much of what I wanted, but I did pick up some stuff.

Dan Doh!! (AL) and Fantastic Children (AL) for $35.99
Panda-Z (AL) and Taruto, Magical Meow Meow (AL) for $26.99
Girls' High CC and Tekkaman Blade Set 3 for $26.99

[quote name='B:L']My local store had NO special deals going on for Animania, except the same old Funimation/Geneon/ADV sales.

I am pretty angry right now.[/quote]

Yep, we went to Cincinatti, OH ( one and a half hours away) because we called and they said, "We are having BOGO on all anime". We get there and the lady said her corporate office wouldn't let the deal go through anymore, so only funimation/geneon applies. This was the same deal in our FYE. Unbelievably mishandled sales. Reports from across the country on other boards are being reported. They dropped the ball. Yes, the signs says "hundreds of anime" nice language to wiggle out of legal issues Transworld.

bread's done
Back