FunkyDoRight gonna drop some pounds. Week 3 Update

FunkyDoRight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Okay a little back story. When I left high school 2 years ago I weighed 280. Went to work in a metal fabrication plan and lost down to 230 and kept it off for bout 1 ½ years, but over the past 4 months have put back on 27 pounds. So jumping back to today. I am on a mission to lose back down to 230 and lower and I am going to log it on here kinda as an accountability thing. I walk 6 miles most days after I get home, Except on school night. My main thing is cutting back eating, and cutting out the crazy amount of Mt Dew and Full Throttle I drink.

I dunno if any other CAGs have done this, I don’t think this is too bad of an idea. They say you loose twice as much weight when you talk to other about it. My goal is to get down to 210 and If I do, I am going to give someone who supports me a free game of their choice.

I’m expecting trash talk so feel free.

Here we go.

Week 1 July 29, 2007
Day 1: 257.0
Day 2: 258.0 :( dang water.
Day 3: 256.5
Day 4: 256.5
Day 5: 254.0
Day 6: 254.5
Day 7: 252.5
Total lost for Week 1: 4.5 pounds
Post 17 for update

Week 2 Aug 5, 2007 Start 252.5
Day 1: 255.5 (Always way more when it rains.)
Day 2: 254.0
Day 3: 252.5
Day 4: 251.5
Day 5: 249.0
Day 6: 249.0
Day 7: 250.0
Total lost for Week 2: 2.5 pounds
Post 26 Update

Week 3 Aug 12, 2007 Start 250
Day 1: 251.5
Day 2: 250.5
Day 3: 251.5
Day 4: 251.0
Day 5: 248.5
Day 6: 248.5
Day 7: 248.5
Total lost for Week 3: 1.5 Pounds
Update on post 33

Week 4 Aug 19, 2007 Start 248.5
Day 1: 249.0
Day 2: 250.0
Day 3: 247.0
Day 4: 246.5
Day 5: 247.0
Day 6: 250.0
Day 7: 248.5
Total lost for Week 4: 0
Excuses are like asshole everyones got em and they all stink. No update this week.

Week 5 Aug 26 Start 248.5
Day 1: 246.5
Day 2: 249.5
Day 3: 252.5 Got off track, Getting back on
Day 4:
Day 5:
Day 6:
Day 7:
Total lost for Week 5:

Grand Total Lost: 8.5 pounds

Biggest thing I would offer?

Drink lots of water, don't get fast food. Whenever you are thirsty? Water. Hungry? Something healthy is better than starving yourself. Exercise a regular routine is more important than what you actually do, so long as you do it regularly. You need to get your heart rate up to a certain zone say 4-6 times a week over and over and over to really get results.

EDIT: If you really walk 6 miles daily and weigh as much as you do, it's definatly your diet that needs a major overhaul. You should definatly work on your eating habits. and WATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR again, I can't stress that enough.

I am a collegiate NCAA track athlete, so hopefully I can give you some tips if you need/want them.

Good luck.

Demanding a shout out on the CAGcast? What are you, some kind of weight loss terrorist? We don't negotiate with terrorists!!!

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']There's already a CAG weight loss thread.[/QUOTE]

So? More props to him for making his own thread about weight loss.

[quote name='cdietschrun']Biggest thing I would offer?

Drink lots of water, don't get fast food. Whenever you are thirsty? Water. Hungry? Something healthy is better than starving yourself. Exercise a regular routine is more important than what you actually do, so long as you do it regularly. You need to get your heart rate up to a certain zone say 4-6 times a week over and over and over to really get results.

EDIT: If you really walk 6 miles daily and weigh as much as you do, it's definatly your diet that needs a major overhaul. You should definatly work on your eating habits. and WATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR again, I can't stress that enough.

I am a collegiate NCAA track athlete, so hopefully I can give you some tips if you need/want them.

Good luck.[/quote]

Yeah, my diet sucks BIG TIME. But that is what I am working on. I have already cut out all fast food exept Sub-Way, which I only get wraps. Working on the soft drink thing. And the snacking at work is my biggest enemy. Caffine headaches will be very bad if i dont slowly work off caffine, but I may go cold turkey.

[quote name='FunkyDoRight']Yeah, my diet sucks BIG TIME. But that is what I am working on. I have already cut out all fast food exept Sub-Way, which I only get wraps. Working on the soft drink thing. And the snacking at work is my biggest enemy. Caffine headaches will be very bad if i dont slowly work off caffine, but I may go cold turkey.[/QUOTE]

If you start drinking water only, and cut out most of your breads, you'll see your weight drop dramatically.

Go to your library and rent a copy of the South Beach Diet. It really does help, I lost almost 20 pounds in a month.

[quote name='FunkyDoRight']Yeah, my diet sucks BIG TIME. But that is what I am working on. I have already cut out all fast food exept Sub-Way, which I only get wraps. Working on the soft drink thing. And the snacking at work is my biggest enemy. Caffine headaches will be very bad if i dont slowly work off caffine, but I may go cold turkey.[/QUOTE]

I dropped caffeine cold turkey about 4 months ago. It sucks for the first two days, then you get over it. Just make it two days when your not working so you can lay in your bed, sweating with a pounding headache much like a heroin addict getting "sick."

[quote name='JimmieMac']You should be more concered with the fact you're working in a metal fab shop than losing weight.[/quote]

Trust me, that is what I am more worried about. That is why I am in college. Full time job and night school is probly why I ended up putting weight back on.
On that note too though, my job pays just as much as some degree jobs, so don't know it completely.

[quote name='Graystone']I dropped caffeine cold turkey about 4 months ago. It sucks for the first two days, then you get over it. Just make it two days when your not working so you can lay in your bed, sweating with a pounding headache much like a heroin addict getting "sick."[/QUOTE]

Yes.. getting over caffeine is juuuust like getting over heroin. :roll:

Having a mild headache for two days does not equate to beating the horse.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Yes.. getting over caffeine is juuuust like getting over heroin. :roll:

Having a mild headache for two days does not equate to beating the horse.[/QUOTE]

Experience talking?

Well, week 1 went very well. 4.5 is a very good loss in my book, even though I know the first week is normally the best week.

Steps taken so far:
*I have dropped soft drinks almost completely
*Drinking close to 4 liter of water a day (Advice from Cochese UGA and cdietschrun) which is helping a lot with cravings
*Getting salads instead of Chinese on Tuesday and Thursday, my school nights.

All going good so far, if anyone has any other tips I would love to hear them. Especially if they have to do with breakfast. I can’t seem to find a breakfast food that does me any good. Can’t think of anything else right now, may add more to week 1 later tonight if I can think of anything.

Breakfast food is tricky. I highly recommend oatmeal. I eat McCanns steel cut oatmeal almost daily. It beats the pants off of Quaker. It's very good for you too.

Breakfast is the most important meal. Try to eat something healthy that you like and fill up on it. That is a huge deal. And awesome job doing all the things people say they will do, but don't. Keep up with the water too!

Keep it up.

I have a question, are you watching your calorie intake?
I lost about 150 pounds 1-2 years ago. I ate about 1400 calories and worked out every night.
You also need to exercise, that'll speed up your weight loss by lots.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I have a question, are you watching your calorie intake?
I lost about 150 pounds 1-2 years ago. I ate about 1400 calories and worked out every night.
You also need to exercise, that'll speed up your weight loss by lots.[/quote]

Not currently. I am really just cutting out alot. I have tried calorie count before and It just made me mad. Lol. Keeping calories low doesn't work well with my job that is very physical. Though I do wanna loose wieght I dont want doing it to hinder my work performance.

Yeah, that's true.
For breakfast though, I just recommend some cereal with skim or light soy milk.
Good luck!

Oh, and also, what's your height?

[quote name='FunkyDoRight']Not currently. I am really just cutting out alot. I have tried calorie count before and It just made me mad. Lol. Keeping calories low doesn't work well with my job that is very physical. Though I do wanna loose wieght I dont want doing it to hinder my work performance.[/QUOTE]

Cutting out the soft drinks will make a huge difference. If I drink one in a dat thats pretty amazing for me.

Definantly eat breakfast (I recommend oatmeal), lunch and dinner in smaller amounts than you would normally do so. AND add snacks in between to keep your metabolism up. By doing so you are training your body to lose weight quicker.

Exercise, you may want to work in a little more running into your routine, you will not only finish much quicker than walking, but you will burn alot more calories. I see the same people at the park who have been walking for year, and they are still fat. Its better than nothing but you have to constantly push your body to new limits, keep it interesting, dont go by a set workout routine.

There is so much information out there, the most important thing would be to do what works for you and gives you the results.

Well, 2.5 is better than nothing. My weight jumped around a lot this week for some reason. I’m hoping next week will go a lil better. Still haven’t found a good breakfast food.

I am also in need of some advice on some good fat burning routines that I can do at night while I am watching TV. Any help would be appreciated.

Good news on the weight loss side, since my 360 is now dead, that means less time playing video games which will force me to go out side even more.

Shooting for 3.5 Pounds next week.

[quote name='FunkyDoRight']
I am also in need of some advice on some good fat burning routines that I can do at night while I am watching TV. Any help would be appreciated.
[/quote]

Situps and pushups. Problem solved! I do them all the time. Its awesome for you. You can switch up both exercises too with different variations of foot / hand positions for pushups, and situps obviously have a million different ways to do it.

[quote name='cdietschrun']Situps and pushups. Problem solved! I do them all the time. Its awesome for you. You can switch up both exercises too with different variations of foot / hand positions for pushups, and situps obviously have a million different ways to do it.[/QUOTE]

Push ups are not good for fat burning, but good for building muscle... however, its kinda hard to watch tv while doing so without straining your neck

Sit ups, are a much better option, and nice curl ups will help target fat in a more fat burning fashion just be sure to work all around your abs including the love handles

Nothing wrong with having a stationary bike, or treadmill in a room with a tv...

I would say possibly even marching in place while watching tv would work, better than vegitating. Just in case a treadmill or stationary bike is not an option.

Actually push ups help build muscle which helps burn fat faster. When you build more muscle it speeds up your metabolism which burns calories a lot faster. Burning more calories= losing more weight.

Well I didn’t hit my goal for the week, but doesn’t mean it wasn’t a good week. I started getting on the elliptical machine again. Going 2 miles at 5 resistance currently working my way up to 4. So a big part of not loosing much is because of that.

I am skipping some meals here lately because I am simply not hungry in an attempt to only eat when I am hungry. I’m guessing for a low week this week as well since I am still working my way up on the machine. But after I get where I wanna be I am expecting to hit atleast 4 pounds a week. Not much more to update.

congrats on your weight loss sofar.

The diet mountain dew is not all that bad, although it is sometimes harder to find than the regular. (Water is obviously better, but sometimes you really need caffiene......)

Congratulations on your weight loss so far. It sounds like you're going about it in all the right ways, and I think starting a thread about it for the accountability aspect was a great idea.

[quote name='FunkyDoRight'] I’m guessing for a low week this week as well since I am still working my way up on the machine. But after I get where I wanna be I am expecting to hit atleast 4 pounds a week.[/QUOTE]

My main advice to you would be to make sure not to lose sight of your long-term goals. Weekly goals are great for keeping you motivated, especially in the beginning, but weight loss can be a flukey thing. You may hit plateaus where it gets hard for you to drop weight for a time. You may have weeks where you just bust it out with great workouts every day, no snacking, doing everything right, only to be rewarded with a half-pound loss. Then the next week you may feel like you half-assed it and find you've dropped 3 pounds. You never know.

My point is just to keep yourself focused and don't get discouraged if you're not getting those 4 pound losses every week. So many people tail off from the good habits they've started forming when the loss doesn't come quickly enough. It's an easy trap to fall into, but remember- a week with minimal loss is not a wasted week if you've continued to reinforce good habits that will eventually get you to your ultimate goal.

I wish you continued success.

bread's done
Back