Funnest (XBOX Live) Multiplayer?

HeSaveDave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I haven't played much of my consoles in a long time. I am looking for some fun multiplayer. What are the funnest games now? I am looking for multiple suggestions besides the two games below.

Aside from other game I will buy one either Black Ops 2 or Battlefield 3. What are the biggest differences when playing on XBOX Live? 

Gears of War Judgment(OverRun mode)

Dead Island Riptide(Co-op)

Dead Rising OTR(Co-op)

Mass Effect 3

Awesomenauts

These are some of the multiplayer games I 've played recently on Live that I enjoyed.  I dont play Call of Duty or Battlefield so I don't known anything about those games.

Here's a few off the top of my head. They're not in any specific order. Hope it helps.

• Minecraft
  • Dead Island / Dead Island Riptide
  • Borderlands / Borderlands 2
  • Saints Row: The Third
  • Grand Theft Auto IV

Last edited by a moderator:
Battlefield 1943. It's a very simple and enjoyable shooter. I bought it two years ago and I still play it occasionally.

Thanks for the responses so far guys! Gonna check those all out now. I actually still have Borderlands. Do people still play that or has part 2 taken away the player base too much? Thanks! Maybe I'll see some of you awesome CAGs online! I forgot to mention I love co-op. 

If you're into puzzle platform games, try BattleBlock Theater. It's a new game by the creators of Castle Crashers. I'm sure people still play the original Borderlands, but even then, I didn't really get into that game because online people steal loot and use it for themselves instead of sharing so online is pretty futile unless you're with friends. 

If you're on the fence on whether to pick up Black Ops 2 or Battlefield 3, choose Battlefield 3. 

Mass Effect 3 is $8 right now on AMZ. Fun MP and all MP updates are free (thanks Bioware).

I would rather play gears of war 3 MP than judgement and Gears 3 can be found for less than $10. Its still very active as many didn't like judgement MP and went back to gears 3.

But the others have said most of what I would recommend.

Between BF3 and BO2, it is largely dependent on your play style.

BO2 is more just run and gun. No vehicles. Based more on reaction time than setting up perimeters etc. its largely considered the dumbed down game. Which I have no problems with. Also the maps so far aren't really set up well for sniping as many are close quarter combat with only a couple sight lines which get attacked often. So this leads to "quickscoping" in which you can learn to pull the trigger while you a scoping in (not sure if you played previous CoDs). But 3arc originally took out quickscoping when BO2 launched, but they complained so much that they brought it back. Its harder than previous iterations meaning less people doing it, but its still annoying as heck when it happens to you.

BF3 can have more of a complex, strategy based as buildings are collapsible, vehicles etc. likewise some of these maps are made close to the same as their PC versions which allow up to 64 players. So you can imagine that with an 18 (think its 18 or 16) player cap that these maps are quite open. Usually meaning a whole squad or 2 are just snipers hiding in the back sniping the entire middle or just getting vehicles.

Oh and don't forget, BO2 has zombies. A great survival shoot em up zombie maps. Plenty buy BO2 just for zombies.

To each their own. I enjoy BO2 more than BF3, but they seem to take 2 different routes of FPS

In their prime, nothing could beat Halo 3 and Gears of War 3. Other games that are good co-op/multiplayer currently.

-  Saints Row 3

-  Borderlands/Borderlands 2

-  Crackdown 2

-  Minecraft

-  Halo Wars (RTS, still fun)

-  Assassins's Creed (Perferably Brotherhood. A really fun experience.)

I might think of more, but this is what came to my head. I hope it helps!

Wow, this is why I love CAG community so dang much. Cool gamers actually helping eachother. Minimum trolls. Very few pointless arguments. Thank you guys so much for the awesome input so far. Huzzah!

Can't believe Left 4 Dead 2 wasn't mentioned yet. Easily one of the most fun MP games on the system, and still has quite a lively online community.

On that note, Left 4 Dead 1 as well. I actually enjoyed the first over the sequel myself, although the second one does have the original levels and characters through DLC (cold stream I think?). I can't speak for how active the first game may still be though as I mainly play with friends.

On that note, Left 4 Dead 1 as well. I actually enjoyed the first over the sequel myself, although the second one does have the original levels and characters through DLC (cold stream I think?). I can't speak for how active the first game may still be though as I mainly play with friends.
Yeah if you are going to buy any L4D, just buy the second one since they pretty much DLC'd the entire first game (sans a challenge map, and one relatively forgettable DLC map) into the second game's engine.

Awesome. I'll grab some of those. Any suggestions for some casual games that my fiance would like? She hates FPS games. Looking for some co-op she might like. I saw The Undergarden I thought that might be one. Any ideas?

Halo, Call of Duty, GTA, Gears, Trials Evolution. Happy Wars is fun for a free game too.

Awesome. I'll grab some of those. Any suggestions for some casual games that my fiance would like? She hates FPS games. Looking for some co-op she might like. I saw The Undergarden I thought that might be one. Any ideas?
Depending on the kind of girl she is, Left 4 Dead 2 could be up her alley if she gives it a chance. If she's into zombies or horror movies at all ... it's kind of a casual FPS, if there is such a thing. My fiance used to play the hell out of L4D and L4D2 with me and she hates FPS style games.

My first idea was Rayman Origins. My wife isn't a gamer and we had fun playing through Rayman.

Castle Crashers is a fun co-OP also.

We also had some old school games like Pacman etc.

My wife liked De Blob 2.

Battle Block Theater is another great platformers.

Can't forget the Lego games. They're fun and easy to play.

Some solo-ish ones are the twisted pixel games. 'Splosion man, Ms. 'Splosion man. Also Super Meat Boy.

If you have a Kinect, Dance Central is a blast.

Also for kinect is Gunstringer. Simple, fun and a great story.

I'm on a Portal obsession lately. I think I'm in love with Cave Johnson. But if she likes puzzle solving game types, you might give that a shot. Portal 2 is hilarious also. Also there is co-op on the second one. Cute little robots named Atlas and P-Body.

I'm on a Portal obsession lately. I think I'm in love with Cave Johnson. But if she likes puzzle solving game types, you might give that a shot. Portal 2 is hilarious also. Also there is co-op on the second one. Cute little robots named Atlas and P-Body.
Not sure how I forgot about Portal 2 but this is an excellent recommendation!

bread's done
Back