FUNNIER Gamerush story - I got a letter and $50 !!

bmulligan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I received a letter from Blockbuster today and after reading about bluekeith75's Gamerush letter story, I was a little bit scared to open this envelope and find out my accounts had been frozen or something of that sort.

Lucky for me the letter was shorter and friendlier:

Dear sir:

Before anything else, I want to apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you. We attempted, albeit poorly, to provide you a service, and through no fault of the store personnel, we did not deliver on this promise of service. As I am sure you would agree, this is not a good way to conduct business in a highly competitive arena. This being said I hope you will accept my apologies and accept this giftcard as a token of our thanks for your prior business. I hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the kind of service you expect !

Sincerely,
Chris Leehy
Director of Concept Implementation & Operations Development
Blockbuster & Game Rush

Enclosed were 2 $25 giftcards. For what reason ? I don't know. I have never made any complaints, received any poor service, or written any letters to corporate. I have no idea why they decided to just send me free money in the mail. I actually thought this letter was going to be a suspension as I traded many, many, many games during the trade-2-get-used for $5 and the trade 3 get extra $5 deals. And I've made 8 pre-orders over the last 4 months and am still waiting for 4 of them to be released.

The only thing I can think of was that my pre-ordered X-man Legends II was a week late. But they wouldn't send me $50 for that, would they ? The funny thing was when I finally got the X-men game, it had the "Target exclusive" game cheat insert in it. I'm curious to know if they went and purchased the game from Target to cover their pre-orders since their shipment didn't arrive on time.

I'm also curious to see if anyone else has gotten this letter and what they did, or had done to them, to get it. This is baffling to me and probably further proof that they need to do another round of firing supervisors or find a way to stop bleeding cash and stay in business.

You lucked out. Congrats. :)

Maybe it was because of the late pre-order. They might have seen, "Hey, this guy does a lot of business with us. Maybe we want to keep him as a customer." Who knows?

"Don't question it, just enjoy it." :cool:

It still wouldn't suprise me to receive the "other" letter suspending me if they are really auditing accounts. But at least they can't lead me into the back room and fire me. Sorry to hear about that, Dr.

bread's done
Back