Furniture?

Riyonuk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
Where might I be able to find sturdy yet affordable furniture? I'm mostly intrested in media center type things, computer desks, stuff like that. While browsing through a catalog that offers those things, a simple L shaped desk cost $699? Man, thats a lot!

Ikea rocks.

I furnished most of my 1-bedroom apartment for under $1500, and that included everything: furniture, linens, decor, and storage.

Ikea, as in ikea.com? I tried going there, I cant navigate at all. I click on bedroom and nothing happens...same thing with any links >_

IKEA as in IKEA the B&M store.
Be warned the quality is crap for the most part, but you get what you pay for. Is it attractive crap though.

I think Ikea is a bit overhyped and if you have to order online, I'd imagine shipping might ruin whatever deal you think you might be getting. I'd stick with Target ready-to-assemble furniture if you're looking to save a few dollars.

We get all our cheap furniture from Ikea and Target. I know sometimes the Target website will have free shipping deals on furniture. (Right now it looks like it's just 15% off if you spend $125+.)

Edited to add: Another option is finding used furniture on craigslist or something.

Riyo, didn't you just say in another thread you are near Austin? There's an Ikea there. There's also Ikeas in Houston and near Dallas.

I like Ikea a lot. You just have to sort of be careful to make sure it's all reinforced correctly, because otherwise something might break.

Otherwise it's great. I get tons of organization stuff from them.

Just adding to the Ikea lovefest, but if you get a chance to go, check out the as is section.

These are items that are returns, floor models, or have slight blemishes. My gf was able to find a dresser that had about a 5in. scratch on the back. The back is of course facing the wall anyway so that didn't matter, saved $75 rather than buying it brand new.

[quote name='foltzie']Ikea for the win. Secondly Value City or Big Lots has stuff thats cheap and holds stuff, no style, but it works.[/QUOTE]
QFT.
My desk, shelves, and some other miscellaneous things are Ikea.
My dinner table and chairs are Big Lots (for the exact table a department store was charging 3x times Big Lots price).
My bed is Value City.
You can find good things if you take a little time and look around.

bread's done
Back