Further Proof of Circuit City Name Change

Patz

CAG Veteran
I live in Richmond, VA which is where Circuit City's corprate headquarters is located and the store right down the street from them is being remodled and they have a bunch of banners up that say coming soon The City. I thought you guys would be interested in this and I hope that nobody has posted something like this already.

IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

Wouldn't calling the store "The City," trick some people into just looking for electronics in various stores in the city? Too generic of a name.

Maybe if their stores weren't disorganized as shit, we'd see some legitimate progress.

Hey Patz, I'm in Richmond too. I live in the Fan so I haven't been within 5 miles of a CC in weeks, but this is interesting. I'll make sure to take a look next time I'm out.

Oh yeah cool man and I forgot to mention this but the second banner you can just see the edge of says Coming Fall 2007 too.

I was at that CC not too long ago and didn't pay any damn attention to the fact that it didn't say circuit city. I dunno if it's an official name change or just some "hip" shorthand they intend to use.

"Want a new ipod nano? We'll hook you up at the city, biyatch"

does it matter that they changed the name of the store? It is like the K-marts that went to the super centers and were called " Big K's" er something like that...

That's news to me. It's most likely something they're market testing at the moment. I won't even get started on all of the mistakes CC has made this year.:imwithst:

[quote name='Chuplayer']Pardon our dust? What?[/quote]
It means there's construction going on. You've never seen a store that was open while part of it was in the middle of being worked on?

[quote name='Tsukento']It means there's construction going on. You've never seen a store that was open while part of it was in the middle of being worked on?[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:#

[quote name='Derrick1979']does it matter that they changed the name of the store? It is like the K-marts that went to the super centers and were called " Big K's" er something like that...[/quote]

Kmart changed the name to Big K(mart (it's written in the K I think)) because they started carrying food. The Super Kmarts have a full grocery section in them.

This is just silly unless they plan on selling stuff other than electronics and wanted to change the name to reflect that while still keeping it similar as not to lose brand recognition. I'll still be calling them Circuit City.

"the City"? you've got to be fucking kidding me. It's bad on many different levels.

[quote name='Tsukento']It means there's construction going on. You've never seen a store that was open while part of it was in the middle of being worked on?[/QUOTE]

I haven't.

one of the circuit citys here in town (knoxville, TN) is moving to a new location... building a new building. there is no signage in place yet, but the decor on the outside looks similar to the way best buy's buildings look. i'll try to get a drive past sometime today and see if i notice anything new.

What a craptacular name. Circuit City, or if the would like to be known, the City is just drowning in their own misery at this point. It looks bleaker and bleaker for them, and that they'll probably be the next CompUSA.

Oh, by the way OP, you might want to be careful about this post as the "City" might not be ready to go public with this and they may send you cease and disist letters and take you to trial.

There's not much they can do, it's a public sign. If it wasn't revealed on here, it'd be revealed elsewhere. It'll get on the internet somehow, it's not like it's a subtle change.

yeah, no real news yet... the construction sign says circuit city, the building it's self looks like a small best buy sans any sign. i'll see if i can get some pics later this week.

Wow. This is dumb. Just like somebody already said, my first impression is no longer that they sell electronics. I'd go in there looking for G-Unit merchandise or something.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Oh, by the way OP, you might want to be careful about this post as the "City" might not be ready to go public with this and they may send you cease and disist letters and take you to trial.[/QUOTE]
Not funny. I'm seriously sick of all the dumb "CIRCUIT SHITTY LOL" sigs and comments on Circuit City deal threads that "U CAN'T POST THAT HERE LOL". And I don't understand why people keep ragging on Circuit City and not Sony.

Like, OMG, I am like so glad, cuz you know, like, I'd go to Circuit City and, like, I'd say, where are the circuits and resistors and inductors and breadboards, and they'd all, like, you know stare at me, like I was from like Mars or something.

Don't even get me started on Radio Shack, cuz like their selection of radios sucks.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Oh, by the way OP, you might want to be careful about this post as the "City" might not be ready to go public with this and they may send you cease and disist letters and take you to trial.[/QUOTE]
Step one of keeping trade secrets is not putting them on a giant billboard displayed to the public, so I think he's safe.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Not funny. I'm seriously sick of all the dumb "CIRCUIT SHITTY LOL" sigs and comments on Circuit City deal threads that "U CAN'T POST THAT HERE LOL". And I don't understand why people keep ragging on Circuit City and not Sony.[/quote]

You annoy me...ignore.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Wow. This is dumb. Just like somebody already said, my first impression is no longer that they sell electronics. I'd go in there looking for G-Unit merchandise or something.

Not funny. I'm seriously sick of all the dumb "CIRCUIT SHITTY LOL" sigs and comments on Circuit City deal threads that "U CAN'T POST THAT HERE LOL". And I don't understand why people keep ragging on Circuit City and not Sony.[/QUOTE]

Because... Circuit City subpoenaed Speedy and CAG for posting their ads early.:whistle2:?

Anyways, this doesn't make any sense but now we won't hold the CC acronym to a double standard.

[quote name='Chacrana']

Maybe if their stores weren't disorganized as shit, we'd see some legitimate progress.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. They don't even alphabetize the CDs or DVDs at the local CC here. Horrible store.

[quote name='Vinny']Because... Circuit City subpoenaed Speedy and CAG for posting their ads early.:whistle2:?

Anyways, this doesn't make any sense but now we won't hold the CC acronym to a double standard.[/QUOTE]
Circuit City subpoenaed (sp?) them under heavy, heavy pressure from Sony. Why do you think it took CC several years to suddenly start caring?

Interesting, I guess the CAGcast's web of informants are giving us accurate intel.

Personally, I think it's a terrible idea. But "the City" are not known for their brilliant business decisions.

[quote name='blandstalker']Like, OMG, I am like so glad, cuz you know, like, I'd go to Circuit City and, like, I'd say, where are the circuits and resistors and inductors and breadboards, and they'd all, like, you know stare at me, like I was from like Mars or something.

Don't even get me started on Radio Shack, cuz like their selection of radios sucks.[/QUOTE]
Maybe I'm the only one, but I thought this post was funny.

Also might be the only one, but calling it "The City" gets the song "In the City" by the Eagles in my head. It was featured prominently in the classic film, The Warriors.

"It's survival in the city
When you live from day to day
City streets don't have much pity
When you're down, that's where you'll stay
In the city. Uh huh! Oooooo, ooh!

[quote name='KevlarGibs']one of the circuit citys here in town (knoxville, TN) is moving to a new location... building a new building. there is no signage in place yet, but the decor on the outside looks similar to the way best buy's buildings look. i'll try to get a drive past sometime today and see if i notice anything new.[/quote]

I used to live in Knoxville (now in Chattanooga), where is the new Circuit City going up at?

[quote name='arthurRWD']I used to live in Knoxville (now in Chattanooga), where is the new Circuit City going up at?[/quote]

right next to the target on washington pike/greenway drive

[quote name='KevlarGibs']right next to the target on washington pike/greenway drive[/quote]

cool, i was actually thinking of the west town CC. it kinda sucks that the east towne CC is moving, that thing has been there for forever

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:applause: Nice job whoever came up with the name...that's fucking lame. What's next Best Buy changing their name to "The Buy", or just "Buy".[/quote]

You have to see the whole sign to get the full effect

"The City.......now all of a sudden, we don't suck"

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:applause: Nice job whoever came up with the name...that's fucking lame. What's next Best Buy changing their name to "The Buy", or just "Buy".[/quote]

Don't give them any ideas.

I should be in marketing, here are some better names that would make them millions: "The Store", "Things", "Purchaseable Object Storage", "?", "The Place Where There Are Things That You Don't Already Have But Perhaps Would Like To Own"

Only $1,000,000 per name, I'll sell to anyone.

Oh, Circuit City, trying to be hip with the kids.

[SIZE=-1]Come bust a move where the games are played. It's chill, it's fresh, its Noah's Arcade![/SIZE][SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

Woah. Why would they do that? Circuit City is a well known name. I guess it's just a thing to get people talking about them again, but still.

bread's done
Back