Further proof Square Enix is in Kahootz with Nintendo...

Mario and Luigi as secret summons in the next Nintendo console's Final Fantasy!! You know you want it, and you know you want Wii to give it to you!*

*--Apologies to Biff Tannen. Hey Biff...what's that??

[quote name='jollydwarf']Mario and Luigi as secret summons in the next Nintendo console's Final Fantasy!! You know you want it, and you know you want Wii to give it to you!*

*--Apologies to Biff Tannen. Hey Biff...what's that??[/QUOTE]

Goomba summons to rule them all.

This is the little Monopoly-like game that is big in Japan, but apparently has never migrated over to America. I think it's called Itagaki Street or some shit.

Apparently it's a big enough franchise over there to demand incarnations to be released on various consoles with specific themes.

It is not Mario Summons. Christ people.

[quote name='Strell']This is the little Monopoly-like game that is big in Japan, but apparently has never migrated over to America. I think it's called Itagaki Street or some shit.

Apparently it's a big enough franchise over there to demand incarnations to be released on various consoles with specific themes.

It is not Mario Summons. Christ people.[/quote]

Itagaki Street? Does the game promote sexual harassment?

[quote name='rodeojones903']If they make Mario a summon in ANY ff game I will refuse to buy it.[/quote]

what about vice versa?

fight%20with%20culex.bmp

[quote name='jollydwarf']Mario and Luigi as secret summons in the next Nintendo console's Final Fantasy!! You know you want it, and you know you want Wii to give it to you!*

*--Apologies to Biff Tannen. Hey Biff...what's that??[/quote]

I would love another Super Mario RPG made through Square Enix.

[quote name='Strell']

It is not Mario Summons. Christ people.[/QUOTE]

I know that and jollydwarf knows that. He made a comment out of jest and I responded to it that way. :D

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']I don't know what Square is waiting.... PORT CHRONO TRIGGER TO THE DS!!!! A straight SNES port is all I ask for damn it!!!![/quote]

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

I've been asking for a port since the DS came out. I hope it at least gets on to VC, but moreso the DS. I want this game and a port of Chrono Cross. And while were at it make 10 sequels to the absolute best classic structured RPG ever made. Forget Final Fantasy. More Valkyrie Profile, Dragon Quest, and Chrono. We haven't seen a proper update since PS1:cry: and I've unlocked everything on it twice.

Why do you think Square is so timid about doing a new Chrono Trigger game? Is it because of the so-so response of Chrono Cross? (which I heard didn't have much in common with the original) Or is Square just happy to sit on piles of money, throwing Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games out every few years.

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']Why do you think Square is so timid about doing a new Chrono Trigger game? Is it because of the so-so response of Chrono Cross? (which I heard didn't have much in common with the original) Or is Square just happy to sit on piles of money, throwing Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games out every few years.[/quote]

You're kidding me, right? Valkyrie Profile at the time had a somewhat "so-so" response as you say, but they put out a sequel and a redone version of the original. Chrono Cross had a tremendous response and actually did have a connection to the first if you've played it.

Give it time... Square is just now finally making a true sequel to the Mana line for PS2, eventually they will have something involving the Chrono franchise.

Maybe they are just unsure of where to take it next, and rather than make a shitty game in an awesome franchise they are just waiting =/

I can't fathom why Chrono Trigger never had a proper release on the GBA. The DS could certainly do well for it, but when the SNES stuff first started hitting the GBA that was my first thought... years before I ever owned a GBA or even played Chrono Trigger ;)

The game hasn't had a proper release since the SNES. The Paper Mario games were pretty cool I guess (I never really got into them), but a proper sequel to Mario RPG would be great, as SMRPG is one of 3 RPGs I've ever beaten. :)

SE also pretty much owns every major SNES RPG title at this point... they need to space out their releases, too. If they blew their load and ported everything to the GBA we wouldn't be anticipating anything from them ;)

I think they use the ports as backup, since they are easy money in case a big project fails.

"Oh, damn, DQ 9 isn't doing as well as we hoped... ok, let's just port Chrono Trigger to the DS, add in a bonus dungeon, fans will buy it NO MATTER WHAT!!"

You have to wonder though, what equals more money for the publishers? Porting Chrono Trigger to the GBS/DS or releasing it for the Wii Virtual Console. I would assume that since the GBA/DS market is far larger at this point that they would lean that way, but I don't know. Either way, I would desperately love to play that game on something other than an emulator.

[quote name='Yaxley']You have to wonder though, what equals more money for the publishers? Porting Crono Trigger to the GBS/DS or releasing it for the Wii Virtual Console. I would assume that since the GBA/DS market is far larger at this point that they would lean that way, but I don't know. Either way, I would desperately love to play that game on something other than an emulator.[/QUOTE]

No question. Even with the cost of development, you're looking at $30-40 vs $8. If Chrono Trigger comes out, it'll be on the DS.

[quote name='Yaxley']You have to wonder though, what equals more money for the publishers? Porting Chrono Trigger to the GBS/DS or releasing it for the Wii Virtual Console. I would assume that since the GBA/DS market is far larger at this point that they would lean that way, but I don't know. Either way, I would desperately love to play that game on something other than an emulator.[/quote]

Porting great games to the wii only makes the market for the wii bigger. I think they would lose money porting it to the DS i would just download it and put it on a flash cart.

[quote name='Onifrio']Porting great games to the wii only makes the market for the wii bigger. I think they would lose money porting it to the DS i would just download it and put it on a flash cart.[/QUOTE]

That's the spirit. Piracy. Mmm boy.

bread's done
Back