Fushigi Yugi Box Set 2 for $37.30!

Leggo

CAGiversary!
According to dvdpricesearch.com, Fushigi Yugi Boxset #2: The Mysterious Play: Seiryu Box is on sale at DVDEmpire for US$37.30. Good deal, considering it retails for 199.99 and I've yet to see it for much less than $99.

As an added abuse, get 2 more things you've been meaning to get for free shipping, and that should put you over the top with $60 to be able to use code 684925 to get $5 off $60.

Depending how you do your math, split 3 ways, that discount is equal to $35.63 for a 200 dollar box set, resulting in an 81.7% discount.

CAGtastic :D

edit: direct link -

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=19125

Saw that earlier this morning and bought one... Must be a price mistake though. I don't really expect mine to ship. Plus they won't be shipping orders until at least Tuesday, which gives them plenty of time to catch it.

well, at the very least, they should offer me some sort of coupon or something, because taking that off my list will get me below 3 items and they'd have to charge me shipping without my permission.

They should at least honor the first few (I hope).

I paid a small fortune getting these 2 sets for my wife when they first came out, so this is a steal if it gets honored.

[quote name='eldad9']so what's this thing about? and is the first box set available for a good price anywhere?[/QUOTE]

nope, first set is 150 at the cheapest, pretty much.

Fushigi Yugi is hard to explain. at it's most basic, it's about 2 japanese high school girls that get sucked into a book and become major players in an epic dynastic chinese fictional world.

Very very good series.

So the whole series is in those 2 boxsets? Seiryu and Suzaku?
Well it looks like the item is on order "ON ORDER: Ships when stock arrives"
Too bad I can't spend anymore money this week but man this is a great deal.

[quote name='MeGaWC27']So the whole series is in those 2 boxsets? Seiryu and Suzaku?
Well it looks like the item is on order "ON ORDER: Ships when stock arrives"
Too bad I can't spend anymore money this week but man this is a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Yep, although there are an additional 2 OVA sets, the standard Fushigi Yugi OVA collection set, and Fushigi Yugi Eikoden, which as far as i can tell is a sort of "Where are they now?" story that takes place afterwards to cash in on the real series.

essentially, think of it as a very short Dragonball GT.

Wow crazy good deal! I've never seen either of the sets this cheap. This is still one of my favorite anime series, highly recommended!

They don't have the DVD in stock now. The page says 'ON ORDER : Ships when stock arrives.' Who knows how long it'll take for them to get new ones in stock.

yeah, small caveat here guys, they seem to be in the process of rereleasing these series, and it's possible this new pricing is from perhaps a new box set and someone just mixed it up, much like how Rayearth is being rereleased as economy sets.

It's doubtful you'll find both sets for this cheap, and if you do (maybe) receive the one you order here, theres a very good chance that the cheapest option you'll have for set 1 will be a rereleased set, which wont match this set on your shelf, so cheapass collectors beware.

Awesome find! I picked up discs 1 and 3 as stand-alone releases when Best Buy had 'em on sale. Now all I need is 2 and 4, provided this thing ships. Thanks!

The OAVs suck btw. Pretty much the story wraps itself up nicely at the end of the series, so anything they tried to do afterwards just felt "tacked on". Very good series tho, if a little soap-opera-ish at times. Gotta love Chichiri tho! :D

[quote name='argyle']The OAVs suck btw. Pretty much the story wraps itself up nicely at the end of the series, so anything they tried to do afterwards just felt "tacked on". Very good series tho, if a little soap-opera-ish at times. Gotta love Chichiri tho! :D[/QUOTE]

I liked the fire guy.

LEKKA SHIEN!

[quote name='eldad9']so what's this thing about? and is the first box set available for a good price anywhere?[/QUOTE]

DDD Will have the first boxset for around 130 with the 20% discount sale comeing up. So your looking about 160 for the whole series which if your going off MSRP isn't that bad but for people as cheap as us still a good chunk of change. I'm thinking about going for it though. Always a chance someone will screw up and drop set one to a really low price.

[quote name='Drahken']DDD Will have the first boxset for around 130 with the 20% discount sale comeing up. So your looking about 160 for the whole series which if your going off MSRP isn't that bad but for people as cheap as us still a good chunk of change. I'm thinking about going for it though. Always a chance someone will screw up and drop set one to a really low price.[/QUOTE]
If this actually ships, I'll be looking for the 1st boxset used, you can get one for $80 at Wherehouse with the coupon, but I wouldn't even spend that much. I wouldn't mind waiting for another deal if I actually got this... This would be a major steal. Though I doubt it'll ship.

Why is this normally so much? How many discs is it, how many episodes? I mean I thought $100 was a lot for QaF.

52 eps total, two 26 episode seasons. Usally a show is expensive for many reasons but I've noticed it's usally either They had to pay a crap load in Licensing Fee's, or They are trying to milk it for all it's worth. Either way we have it easy these Anime series are freakin expensive in Japan compared to here. According to Amazon each set is 4 dual-layered discs.

We have just been informed by our distributors that the title 'Fushigi
Yugi #2: The Mysterious Play - Seiryu Box' is not available in the
forseeable future. This title is not discontinued and usually the studio
is just waiting to create another batch. This process could take anywhere
from two months to one year before the product is available again.

The title has been removed from your order. If you have other titles on
your order, the remainder of your order will be processed normally.
Please visit our site for updated information.

Complete information regarding your Order is available On-Line 24 hrs a
day at:
http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/Cust_Service/accounts/index.asp?tab=25

If you have any questions, contact our Customer Service Department at
1-888 383-1880 or [email protected].

We thank you for your continued interest in our Sites.

Sincerely,

Order Department
[email protected]
DVD Empire
www.dvdempire.com

... Shit.

i got that email, then i got a second email saying they had made an error and my order had been reinstated.

however, conveniently they did ship my other 2 items, and since i no longer qualified for 3 items, they decided to charge me 2.25 shipping.

I guess I can deal with it, I'd normally complain but they're doing me a favor by honoring my order, so i figure theres no wisdom in biting the hand that feeds you, even if it slaps you around occasionally for fun.

After being dissapointed earlier today, I got this piece of good news:

Due to a pricing error, we believed that the Fushigi Yugi #2: The Mysterious Play - Seiryu Box was no longer available from our suppliers. However, we since discovered that the product is currently active with our vendors and we will continue to acquire product and accept orders. All orders that were cancelled earlier today, when we discontinued this item will be reinstated. Customers who ordered the product from our website will receive the product at the price listed at the time of purchase.

We apologize for the confusion, and thank you for your support.

Best Regards,
Angela
Customer Service Manager

COOL!!!

Damn I remember getting a hell of a deal on the original set when it came out 4-5 years ago....like $80 shipped. That was the golden age of dvdtalk.com deals...

[quote name='laserdogg']After being dissapointed earlier today, I got this piece of good news:

Due to a pricing error, we believed that the Fushigi Yugi #2: The Mysterious Play - Seiryu Box was no longer available from our suppliers. However, we since discovered that the product is currently active with our vendors and we will continue to acquire product and accept orders. All orders that were cancelled earlier today, when we discontinued this item will be reinstated. Customers who ordered the product from our website will receive the product at the price listed at the time of purchase.

We apologize for the confusion, and thank you for your support.

Best Regards,
Angela
Customer Service Manager

COOL!!![/QUOTE]
Wow, that's so... different. Great deal for you guys that got in on it (and actually like FY ;) )! I wish Amazon had done that for the Street Fighter Collection a while back.

I ended up ordering both box sets from Rightstuf since I missed out on getting Set 2 it from DVD Empire. Odd timeing on this though but works out well for everyone who wants it.

wow, this is shaping up to be one hell of the deal, the entire series for $87.29, shipped :D

I think I figured out why they are clearencing this out. It appears they are re-releaseing the series in individual discs for around 25 bucks each. Works out to be about half the price of buying both box sets.

Hmm, should I keep my order for #2 at ~$40 shipped and get #1 at $50 shipped, or should I wait to see if I can do better... I'll have to decide pretty soon.

bread's done
Back