Futurama Complete Series Bender Head Packaging $117.99

FlamedLiquid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
397 (100%)
Sorry if this has already been posted..I didnt see it though.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0029XFNBC...veASIN=B0029XFNBC&creative=373489&camp=211189

51M3phqAW1L._SS500_.jpg

Set includes all 4 volumes plus all 4 movies in a Bender head packaging. If I didn't already own all 4 volumes of the show, I'd be very tempted to pick this up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad that the series got renewed and there are going to be more seasons making this set completely retarded. Maybe its just me but buying a "complete collection" before the series is over does not make sense (Just like the Bourne Blu-Ray collection, Spider-Man collection, Fast and Furious collection...they all have or are going to have sequals after they are/were released...just dumb)

Source:
Comedy Central ordered 26 more episodes to start in 2010:
http://gizmodo.com/5285178/futurama-is-back-for-26-more-episodes

[quote name='NJMane']Too bad that the series got renewed and there are going to be more seasons making this set completely retarded. Maybe its just me but buying a "complete collection" before the series is over does not make sense (Just like the Bourne Blu-Ray collection, Spider-Man collection, Fast and Furious collection...they all have or are going to have sequals after they are/were released...just dumb)

Source:
Comedy Central ordered 26 more episodes to start in 2010:
http://gizmodo.com/5285178/futurama-is-back-for-26-more-episodes[/QUOTE]

I think if most of the voice actors change tho, like is rumored, then most ppl will consider this set the complete collection anyway.

[quote name='argyle']I think if most of the voice actors change tho, like is rumored, then most ppl will consider this set the complete collection anyway.[/QUOTE]

Nope, all the voice actors are staying. They had a contract dispute but they reached an agreement and are all returning.

Source: http://tv.ign.com/articles/100/1009858p1.html

If I didn't already own all but 2 of the movies I would pick this up. Hell if this was a BD set I would chances are pick it up.

Have all 4 Volumes + 1st movie. Good deal if you don't own this anything yet. I think I bought my 4 volumes for 20.00 each and paid 14.99 for the movie. priced at 117.99 is a bit expensive though... Good series overall.... except movie 2 (wow don't understand what happened there) oh well...

One day we're gonna look back and laugh at how archaic it is to have 18 separate discs for just about 30 hours of video, and it's gonna seem really weird that they once sold little figurehead containers to store them in... actually, it already seems archaic and weird.

[quote name='Greenboom98']Have all 4 Volumes + 1st movie. Good deal if you don't own this anything yet. I think I bought my 4 volumes for 20.00 each and paid 14.99 for the movie. priced at 117.99 is a bit expensive though... Good series overall.... except movie 2 (wow don't understand what happened there) oh well...[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's all 4 volumes and all 4 movies.

And to the other guy, as far as a LOT of people were concerned, the series was DEAD. It getting renewed, after it ended a few years ago, is a miracle. For a VERY long time, the 4 volumes were ALL of Futurama.

So yes, it is just you.

[quote name='dualedge2']
And to the other guy, as far as a LOT of people were concerned, the series was DEAD. It getting renewed, after it ended a few years ago, is a miracle. For a VERY long time, the 4 volumes were ALL of Futurama.

So yes, it is just you.[/QUOTE]

Definitely not just him, I could understand buying a complete collection a few years ago when it looked like it was dead forever, but I would just feel foolish paying this much to preorder a "complete collection" knowing full well that next year it becomes incomplete.

I want this to be cheaper to store next to my stewie head. Knowing amazon though it will be DoTD at some point.

[quote name='Koggit']One day we're gonna look back and laugh at how archaic it is to have 18 separate discs for just about 30 hours of video, and it's gonna seem really weird that they once sold little figurehead containers to store them in... actually, it already seems archaic and weird.[/QUOTE]

You know that a whole season of an animated show could fit on one blu-ray without issue. I'd really love to see this start happening.

[quote name='dualedge2']Actually, it's all 4 volumes and all 4 movies.

So yes, it is just you.[/QUOTE]

Hey, "the other guy" here. The key word in your sentence was "WAS". So, the series is not done thus this is NOT a "complete collection". Seems to me a lot of people see it this way. I could understand if the voices were different or if they had new animators but is all the same cast/creators.

I love this show and like the Simpsons will just wait for the show to end and then buy the "complete collection" of both with all the bells and whistles.

Wonder how much the Simpsons Complete Collection will be? Lets see... at least 20 each season set... x how many seasons? I lost count a long time ago... Season 21 right now? That'll be at least 400. And probably the packing will suck even more than season 11/12 trying to compress all disc in a tiny box.

And about Futurama I love it. Only thing I didn't like was movie 2 and I really gave it a try but don't know... probably baddly written... don't know what it was... :whistle2:( I plan to buy it sometime just because I'm a huge fan of it but still... oh well... Wonder how the new seasons will be... hopefully like the old seasons (I can still wish right? LOL :whistle2:D )

[quote name='NJMane']Hey, "the other guy" here. The key word in your sentence was "WAS". So, the series is not done thus this is NOT a "complete collection". Seems to me a lot of people see it this way. I could understand if the voices were different or if they had new animators but is all the same cast/creators.
[/QUOTE]
pretty positive it's not the exact same cast. Some new/different voice actors will be returning with the show. I'd look it up but....yeah....too lazy to care:cool:

Cant you buy the season for like 15 per..... Rent the 4 movies and burn them..

Own the 4 seasons and 4 movies for 63 bucks...

i dont see why anyone even buys movies.... i just burned my invader zim collection and dump it on ebay (kept the burned ones sold off the real ones) still have zim and have 90bucks in pocket : )

[quote name='slidecage']Cant you buy the season for like 15 per..... Rent the 4 movies and burn them..

i dont see why anyone even buys movies.... i just burned my invader zim collection and dump it on ebay (kept the burned ones sold off the real ones) still have zim and have 90bucks in pocket : )[/QUOTE]

Lots of reasons to own movies instead of bootleged copies. Better looking casing, better setup, and bragging rights. I wouldnt be too impressed with someone that has a colletion of 1000 movies if they are all copies/bootlegs.

[quote name='shadowkast']pretty positive it's not the exact same cast. Some new/different voice actors will be returning with the show. I'd look it up but....yeah....too lazy to care:cool:[/QUOTE]

What a stupid post, obviously you care enough to post with your misinformation.

[quote name='slidecage']Cant you buy the season for like 15 per..... Rent the 4 movies and burn them..

i dont see why anyone even buys movies.... i just burned my invader zim collection and dump it on ebay (kept the burned ones sold off the real ones) still have zim and have 90bucks in pocket : )[/QUOTE]

don't you troll on CAG a LOT? you oughta keep your fingers off the keys and let those of us who enjoy spending money continue to contribute to this thread...

And invader zim is an awesome series i have the Zim House casing for (got it for $15) and it will never leave my collection. Bootlegging = evil, stupid, and unappreciated

[quote name='animemaniac14']don't you troll on CAG a LOT? you oughta keep your fingers off the keys and let those of us who enjoy spending money continue to contribute to this thread...

And invader zim is an awesome series i have the Zim House casing for (got it for $15) and it will never leave my collection. Bootlegging = evil, stupid, and unappreciated[/QUOTE]

not really cause i did grab those 4 seasons off ebay .... i also do have a complete zim sealed that will never leave my collection was just saying .... also might wait and see if someone goozex this at a later time...

I'm awfully tempted but I'm not sure if I couldn't piece together everything that's in that collection for cheaper.

I bit on this back in june, but its still fun to watch how much the price has fluctuated on it. At one point it was 149.99 then to 139.99, i think my price was 118.99 in june. Interesting thing is way back then, they were saying this was a limited edition of 1000, shortly after that the link was pulled off of amazon. Then it was reported that these were signed exclusives by Matt Groening for SDCC 2009, but at that point in time the price tag was $200.00.

So I wonder if they are still doing the limited edition thing with them...

[quote name='mediviper']I bit on this back in june, but its still fun to watch how much the price has fluctuated on it. At one point it was 149.99 then to 139.99, i think my price was 118.99 in june. Interesting thing is way back then, they were saying this was a limited edition of 1000, shortly after that the link was pulled off of amazon. Then it was reported that these were signed exclusives by Matt Groening for SDCC 2009, but at that point in time the price tag was $200.00.

So I wonder if they are still doing the limited edition thing with them...[/QUOTE]

man if that was true i would buy it but i would think if it was 1000 those have been gone for a long time

That's neat but the DVDs look cheaply stacked.

Simpsons are 20, so said Fox on Sunday, and theywill be around for several more years.

bread's done
Back