Futurama contest over. Congratulations to our winner, Sooku!

[quote name='Danimal']Good news, everyone!

Futurama_BillionBacks.jpg

Futurama is returning yet again with the 2nd of 4 all new feature length movies on DVD on Tuesday, June 24th with the release of Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs. Couple this information with the fact that it's been a while since I ran a contest here, and it seems to me there's only one thing to do- give one lucky CAG a free copy!

To enter, just post in this thread. That's it. The contest will run until Wednesday morning (the 25th) at 6:00 a.m. EST, when I'll pick a winner at random from all entries. Good luck!

By the way, in case anyone is curious about how I'll be picking a winner, I'll be using this site: http://www.random.org/integers/ and asking it to generate one number, between 1 and _ (whatever the final number of entries is). I've been making a numbered list of all entries. Whichever number it spits out, that's our winner.[/quote]

That's all well and good, but what if someone entered more than one response in this thread? Will you be checking that? My cat asked me to enter this response. I certainly hope he can legitimately win because his language skills are lacking and watching a good movie might help him.:beer:

[quote name='Gladler']That's all well and good, but what if someone entered more than one response in this thread? Will you be checking that? My cat asked me to enter this response. I certainly hope he can legitimately win because his language skills are lacking and watching a good movie might help him.:beer:[/QUOTE]Yes, I will be checking that, actually. I've been making a numbered list of everyone who has entered; when the winner is randomly selected, before I post who it is here I'll double and triple-check to make sure the name only appears once on my list. If the name is listed twice, I'll scratch off the second listing and draw a new winner.

I have one or two quick errands to do right now, so I'm going to leave the contest open to any last-second entries for about ten more minutes. Then I'll post again to officially close it down, and a few minutes after that to announce the winner.

OK, the contest is now officially closed to new entries. I'll be drawing the winner in just a moment, and will post it here shortly.

... and we have a winner! Congratulations to Sooku, who had entry # 135 (post # 137, back on page 7) which turned out to be the lucky entry.

Sooku, I'll be PMing you to get your shipping address so that I can get your prize out to you as soon as possible.

Thanks very much to everyone who entered. I was kind of amazed at the response, and very happy to find out we have so many Futurama fans here (as well as fans of a chance at free stuff ;) ) Makes me wish I could afford to give out a few more. I'm hoping to do another similar contest before the end of the summer, so keep an eye out for that. Congratulations again, Sooku, and thanks again everyone.

[quote name='jlseal']Good thing I went ahead and bought this last night :)[/quote]

I went ahead and bought it last night too...great movie! I liked it much better than Bender's Big Score.

"There's my butterscotch!"

Oh, and I was also glad to see
Pazuzu made an appearance!!!

Too bad we have to wait until Nov/Dec for the next one... :cry:

The preview to Bender's Game looks great!
It's a D&D/LOTR spoof!

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Thank you for having this contest![/quote]

Ditto from me too!:applause::applause: Danimal, you really put in a lot of effort. Such a cool site!
Congrats to Sooku!:applause:

[quote name='batheblacksheep']I love futurama, but this movie sucked ass.[/quote]

What the fuck?! Why the hell did you bump a month old topic that finished and needed no new posts (sept for this one:lol:)

[quote name='neverletthem']What the fuck?! Why the hell did you bump a month old topic that finished and needed no new posts (sept for this one:lol:)[/quote]

Maybe to remind the creator of the item that a new one is due....;)

bread's done
Back