Futurama Seasons 1-4, $15 each at Walmart

Gnidlaps

CAGiversary!
Walmart is selling each season of futurama on DVD for $15 in the store. Everywhere else is still selling them for $30 including walmart.com.

I just wish I could get the movies for cheaper...

[quote name='Mako1215']Nice I might have to jump on these. Whatever happend to the supposed new season of Futurama.[/quote]

All the direct to dvd movies that have been coming out is the new season. Comedy Central is going to break the Futurama movies into episodes and then air them on their channel, at least that was their plan anyways.

Yep the "movies" are the "seasons"

I saw volumes 3 and 4 the other day at mine, everyone better buy them up. They are the greatest DVD boxsets every made.

I watched the newest movie (wild green yonder one), and
either that ends the "movie season" or possibly ends the show

edit: a thousand apologies to those who read that before I could properly edit it.

Yea, thats a good deal, thinking about getting it.
iy.gif

iy.gif

[quote name='exileinoblivion']All the direct to dvd movies that have been coming out is the new season. Comedy Central is going to break the Futurama movies into episodes and then air them on their channel, at least that was their plan anyways.[/QUOTE]

Awww, seriously? I was expecting an entirely new standard season. What a bummer.

Oh well, they'd better keep pumping out those movies, then!

[quote name='Camwi']
Oh well, they'd better keep pumping out those movies, then![/quote]

The last movie comes out in in a week or 2, and then Futurama is dead.... again. No one at Fox or Comedy Central has asked for new movies or episodes. Even if they asked for a new season today the earliest it would be on the air is the fall of 2010.

I read somewhere that depending on the sales of the DVD's they may or may not continue the series/movies. So all futurama fans make sure to get the movies and Wild Green Yonder when it comes out!

[quote name='TDAGARIM']I read somewhere that depending on the sales of the DVD's they may or may not continue the series/movies. So all futurama fans make sure to get the movies and Wild Green Yonder when it comes out![/quote]
Is the series worth saving at this point? Though I had no problem buying all four season sets at $15 each, the movies suck as far as I can tell.

[quote name='Doomed']Is the series worth saving at this point? Though I had no problem buying all four season sets at $15 each, the movies suck as far as I can tell.[/quote]

really? I thought the movies we're fairly good. Granted not as good as some episodes but still I thoroughly enjoyed the 3 I've seen so far.

As someone who has watched the crap out of the show, I think the movies suck. The show had a great run, and we should let it die in peaceful bliss. Four to five seasons for a TV show is the sweet spot IMO; beyond that, characters/stuations tend to get a bit stale. Just be thankful it didn't go too early (Firefly, Greg the Bunny, Clerks: Animated Series, The Critic)

Nice find. I'll probably pick up One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, 2001 A Space Odyssey, and Clockwork Orange on the side.

I will agree with you on Benders Game, definitely the worst. Believe me I have watched the crap out of this series too, without a doubt my favorite tv series. I just really don't think the movies are all that bad, they don't achieve the same greatness as the tv series but I'm still happy to have them.

And thanks, you just reminded me that I need to pick up the critic boxset, god I miss that show.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The last movie comes out in in a week or 2, and then Futurama is dead.... again. No one at Fox or Comedy Central has asked for new movies or episodes. Even if they asked for a new season today the earliest it would be on the air is the fall of 2010.[/QUOTE]

That makes me sad. :(

Personally, I've loved the movies so far and I wish they'd continue.

I have only seen the first two movies, and they are sub par at best. The second one was doing well until getting close to the end then it fell apart.

I've got the newest movie pre-ordered, looks like it's finally time to pick up the seasons. I'll be heading to Wal-Mart after work to (hopefully) grab all 4.

[quote name='Doomed']Is the series worth saving at this point? Though I had no problem buying all four season sets at $15 each, the movies suck as far as I can tell.[/quote]
I wouldn't say the movies suck, but they definitely aren't up to par with the rest of the show. I actually thought Benders Game was better than BWABB but from what I've heard, the next movie is the best of them all.

Thanks OP I picked up season 1 and 2 last night. Too bad they were out of season 3 and 4.

I'm halfway through Bender's Game and I think it's better than the last two, they are getting better each movie. I love The Jetsons robot in therapy and the "You killed the franchise" Star Trek moment.

Personally hated Bender's Game, but I remember loving Futurama episodes.

Tough call, but I'll pass - thanks though op.

Turns out, my closest store only carries Bender's Game >.< Guess I'll check out some more tomorrow.

Edit: Screw it -- called another store, they said they had "one or two of season 1, and limited copies of the rest", so I drove out. Picked up one of every season, including the last copy of season 2. Thanks OP :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Foo228']Personally hated Bender's Game, but I remember loving Futurama episodes.

Tough call, but I'll pass - thanks though op.[/quote]

Into the Wild Green Yonder was good. It didn't really wrap up the series though. I will say it's a pretty good watch though.

Shit. Went to my nearest Wal-mart and they didnt have one damn season in stock...and they used to have them all! CRAP! I'll have to check the other one that's further away tomorrow.

add me to the list that loved the series, but hated all the movies. the first half of the second movie was aight, but thats about it.

great price those who dont have these sets, i highly recommend

[quote name='smashingradioheads']Shit. Went to my nearest Wal-mart and they didnt have one damn season in stock...and they used to have them all! CRAP! I'll have to check the other one that's further away tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

They aren't in with the rest of the TV shows anymore. They should be on an end cap with a bunch of other $15 season sets.

[quote name='Rihan']They aren't in with the rest of the TV shows anymore. They should be on an end cap with a bunch of other $15 season sets.[/QUOTE]

It's cool I found seasons 3 and 4 at one in a different city.

Just picked all 4 of them up! Been waiting for a price drop from $30 for a while, but hadn't looked too hard.

Awesome deal, $15 means they're probably out-of-print or Wal-Mart isn't going to stock them anymore.

bread's done
Back