Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs - Deals Thread

Will Best Buy have a bonus disk with a preview of the next movie this time around?

If not, CC will have it for $13.99 or so

[quote name='Rig']I had no idea this was out already. Gonna have to grab this in the next couple of days![/quote]

Already? It's been 7 months sense the last movie.

And I have seen half of it. Story wise it feels more like old Futurama, but the passing is off, even knowing it will become four episodes the pasing is off.

[quote name='jonlubbe']Will Best Buy have a bonus disk with a preview of the next movie this time around?

If not, CC will have it for $13.99 or so[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but no and no. No bonus disc reported and the CC add says 17.99.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']terrible movie, wait for it to show on TV like Bender's Big Score...[/quote]
Agreed. Was disappointed with the new movie, but i loved Bender's Big Score :D

[quote name='bigdaddy']Already? It's been 7 months sense the last movie.
[/quote]

I didn't mean in relation to the previous movie. I know that that has been out a while.

I was surprised to find that this thread was the first mention I have seen of it. Haven't seen any commercials or other advertisements about it.

[quote name='yeah-yeah']Sorry, but no and no. No bonus disc reported and the CC add says 17.99.[/quote]

That's nice, My CC ad says $13.99, so have fun getting screwed by CC. :)

[quote name='SynGamer']Agreed. Was disappointed with the new movie, but i loved Bender's Big Score :D[/quote]

I HATED the first movie, it was a huge mess that almost destroyed Futurama for me. I'm halfway through the new movie and I like the story a lot better but the story jumps around oddly.

And Comedy Central has been doing ads and previews for a little while now.

[quote name='bigdaddy']That's nice, My CC ad says $13.99, so have fun getting screwed by CC. :)

[/QUOTE]

Weird - I wonder if the prices are different regionally.

This is much better then Benders Big Score...but the third act just falls apart. Starts off strong...and gets worse.

I'll sell you my copy once Fox sends me a real one and not a screener.

I agree, it was really good, but it reached a point where it feels that the writers didn't know what to do and just threw an ending out there.

And Speedy also says it's $14 at CC, but it's $18 online so who knows.

The CC ad is misleading. On one page, there is a Neat Price box with 3 titles. The 13.99 is pasted over the other 2 titles, and Futurama is at the bottom by itself. On the back of the ad, they only show the other 2 titles with 13.99 and futurama is not there. If it's not really 13.99, you should be able to pricematch somewhere with the sales flier.

EDIT: That's odd--just looked at their online version of my ad and it is totally different than what came with my newspaper. Doesn't have that Neat Price box at all, lists Futurama specifically as $17.99 and the $13.99 titles are $14.99.

[quote name='KyleN']The CC ad is misleading. On one page, there is a Neat Price box with 3 titles. The 13.99 is pasted over the other 2 titles, and Futurama is at the bottom by itself. On the back of the ad, they only show the other 2 titles with 13.99 and futurama is not there. If it's not really 13.99, you should be able to pricematch somewhere with the sales flier.

EDIT: That's odd--just looked at their online version of my ad and it is totally different than what came with my newspaper. Doesn't have that Neat Price box at all, lists Futurama specifically as $17.99 and the $13.99 titles are $14.99.[/quote]

Same for me, or I would have bought it.
Either way, the ending did suck :/

[quote name='KyleN']The CC ad is misleading. On one page, there is a Neat Price box with 3 titles. The 13.99 is pasted over the other 2 titles, and Futurama is at the bottom by itself. On the back of the ad, they only show the other 2 titles with 13.99 and futurama is not there. If it's not really 13.99, you should be able to pricematch somewhere with the sales flier.

EDIT: That's odd--just looked at their online version of my ad and it is totally different than what came with my newspaper. Doesn't have that Neat Price box at all, lists Futurama specifically as $17.99 and the $13.99 titles are $14.99.[/quote]

I agree, the CC ad does seem misleading. Thankfully Fry's also has it listed in their ad for $13.99 much more clearly, so that will be the ad I take into BB to pricematch and use my $10 off coupon for. Makes for some cheap Futurama entertainment.

Ms, Mars, and Kyle are you both on the West Coast? Maybe that's why my CC is much more clear with the ad, I'm on the other side of the country.

Now do DVDs come out on Mondays or Tuesdays? I can't remember.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Ms, Mars, and Kyle are you both on the West Coast? Maybe that's why my CC is much more clear with the ad, I'm on the other side of the country.

Now do DVDs come out on Mondays or Tuesdays? I can't remember.[/quote]

Tuesdays

I dropped by my CC today and grabbed the ad - it looks like 13.99 for Futurama. I'll see if I can scan it in later tonight.

I live in CO.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Ms, Mars, and Kyle are you both on the West Coast? Maybe that's why my CC is much more clear with the ad, I'm on the other side of the country.

Now do DVDs come out on Mondays or Tuesdays? I can't remember.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm in California.
It comes out Tuesday BTW.

Is there a coupon?

I took the CC ad up to walmart and got it price matched for 13.99 for a midnight release. Good thing I did because it rang up 24.99 before the price match. o_O

I am a huge Futurama fanatic, and I honestly say that this movie was great up until the end. It was funnier than the first movie, and even though the plot wasn't as strong it was still interesting and worthy to the series, but that ending left me a tad bit disapointed. Oh well, I'd still give it a good rating.

A must own for any Futurama fan.

Ugh, 17.99 in my CC ad too. Or are the online ads inaccurate by any chance? It did ask for my zip code...
I'd love to support the series, but not for 18 dollars when I'm trying to save dollars.

[quote name='bigdaddy']This is a joke right?[/QUOTE]

c'mon now, some animation (The Venture Bros., for instance) is being done in HD.

To the person who asked, no, this isn't on blu-ray.

like this one better but the edititng seemed way off in the first part. movie sort of dragged on as well... but at least it was better then the first one

The Futurama movies are being produced in HD; they talk about it in the commentary track on Bender's Big Score, and having to redo the reused shots for HD.

[quote name='bigdaddy']This is a joke right?[/QUOTE]
Nope. As stated by someone else the Futurama movies are being produced in high def. Bluray releases are guaranteed but who knows when we'll see those. If they had come out at the same time I would have gotten the Bluray version but now I won't be buying it again personally.

Fun fact, there were originally talks of doing the regular Futurama series in HD but as soon as cost came up the idea was scrapped. This is the kind of neat stuff you learn from listening to commentaries.

Let's see, I went to the local Circuit City around 4pm, and they were clean out. They asked if I wanted a rain check, but I declined, and instead grabbed an ad and ran over to the Best Buy 2 miles down the road. Priced matched that shit and went home with a new copy of Futurama: BWaBB for $13.99 :)

bread's done
Back