Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs - Deals Thread

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']Let's see, I went to the local Circuit City around 4pm, and they were clean out. They asked if I wanted a rain check, but I declined, and instead grabbed an ad and ran over to the Best Buy 2 miles down the road. Priced matched that shit and went home with a new copy of Futurama: BWaBB for $13.99 :)[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I asked my CC if they gave rainchecks and they said no. I think it's clobberin' time.

thing1.jpg

Just an FYI for those of you who are still missing the dvd sets from the regular series. This week as a promotion for the movie's release all four sets are on sale at Best Buy for $19.99. Walked out of Best Buy after spending $80 on just Futurama (volumes 1, 2, 3 and the newest movie).

[quote name='heghei555']The Futurama movies are being produced in HD; they talk about it in the commentary track on Bender's Big Score, and having to redo the reused shots for HD.[/quote]

Now see I thought that was a joke, are we sure that wasn't a joke.

And the commentaries are funnier than a lot of the episodes/movies.

[quote name='JBaby']Got it at CC for $14 in Colo Spgs[/quote]

[quote name='foundation']BB PM in Chandler, AZ, for $13.99 - 10% for buying at BB first and then adjusting. :mrgreen:[/quote]

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'm glad people from AZ are posting that the price is 13.99. I will be hitting that up most definitely.[/quote]

[quote name='d1a2r3k']Just got it at CC in AZ for 13.99, ad shows 17.99 but it rings up as 13.99[/quote]

Wow, that's one hellava CC ad typo. I was able to get it at my Fry's (Fishers, IN.) for $15.99 yesterday (it wasn't advertised @ $13.99 here). I'll check with my local CC today to see if it scans at $13.99 instead of the $17.99 listed on the online weekly ad (checked NorCal, Colorado Springs, and Indy online -- all the same).

EDIT: PRICE CONFIRMED @ $17.99 ON 6/25/08 AT 2:15 PM EST, CC CASTLETON, IN. (AND IT'S CURRENTLY OOS). THAT fuckING SUCKS!:bomb:

But yet it is a good typo....:D I'm thinking the price is for Benders big score dvd, but someone messed up the SKU's and put the same price on the New dvd...

[quote name='SDC']c'mon now, some animation (The Venture Bros., for instance) is being done in HD.

To the person who asked, no, this isn't on blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

Dang it! I feel like such a rube buying DVDs these days....

If you think it's a joke, compare the regular opening and the opening on the movie; see differences in the aspect ratio not attributable to matting the image?

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Anyone east of Colorado able to confirm this for under $20? Looks like I'm out of luck. :whistle2:([/quote]

Did you even bother to read the topic? It's under $20 everywhere, except Walmart, and $17.99 at CC in CA and the east coast has it for $13.99.

Movie isn't bad but it isn't good. I was really enjoying the movie before the "monster" arrives but whatever, i'll buy the next one too.

Headed into the nearby town to see Wall-E, and stopped by K-mart to see if they had it. $20.99. I passed.

(They have no other stores in the town. Guess I'll have to wait for another day.)

bread's done
Back