Futurama Trailer shown at Comic-con...watch the first minute while you can

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']cant wait, incidently i changed my sig today[/quote]

thats what made me do a search on it...just to see if anything new was happening and sure enough stumbled upon this...couldnt find the full video though supposedly it was around 4 mins long

[quote name='FunkyDoRight']So is it gonna be a new season or just a dvd like family guy movie?[/QUOTE]

4 movies, chopped up and remixed for TV

In February 2007, Groening clarified speculation as to whether Futurama had been revived in episodic or feature-film form, saying "[The crew is] writing them as movies and then we're going to chop them up, reconfigure them, write new material and try to make them work as separate episodes."

In June 2007 the Internet Movie Database listed titles for the four Futurama movies as Futurama: Bender's Big Score, Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs, Futurama: Bender's Game, and Futurama: Into The Wild, Green Yonder.

[quote name='Rig']Can't wait. I still watch all the old seasons like crazy.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I've been watching all the old shows again. Hope the new stuff turns out great.

I hope they don't screw it up as badly as they did with the Family Guy movie.

Someone posted a link to this....

After all 4 DVD movies have been released, they’ll be chopped up into 16 episodes which will air on Comedy Central along with NEW episodes created for Comedy Central.

As far as I know right now CC has only ordered the 16 episodes that the movies will be chopped up into shows.

Plus I think the show was better on Fox because listening to the commentaries make me cry with laughter. Fox wouldn't let them say "motha" so they changed it to "momma". The vomit in one episode had been brown, they had to change it to green. Oh and my favorite, they showed some of Lela's breast, and Fox asked them to ver up an extra mm, but still mind the 7 asses they showed.

[quote name='bobo2k4']It should have never been cancelled in the first place.[/quote]

So true.

And that's what worries me about it. I was a fan of Family Guy before they got cancelled. When they got back, the episodes were much less funny, and very annoying.

I pray the same thing doesn't happen with Futurama.

I was just watching one of the DVDs today. I think if it came back, they'll use Family Guy as a lesson to see how returns could go horribly horribly wrong. American Dad is even funnier than FG now.

As long as they stick with the same writers...

Futurama has a lot more to live up to than FG-- many of the episodes actually had really good stories. If it's all crazy, non-sense crap like the current Simpsons, I'll be pissed.

[quote name='Rig']So true.

And that's what worries me about it. I was a fan of Family Guy before they got cancelled. When they got back, the episodes were much less funny, and very annoying.

I pray the same thing doesn't happen with Futurama.[/QUOTE]
From what I've heard, it sounds like most of the original creative staff is back. Hopefully, that's a good thing. :D

[quote name='Rig']

I pray the same thing doesn't happen with Futurama.[/quote]

I think it's the fact that everyone grew up and left Family Guy behind. FG is a dumb comedy for 10-25 year year olds, all the fans grow up. The show came back and tried the same dumb stuff and people we expecting more. Instead it's just as lame as it used to be. I don't even watch the old FG episodes that I once liked anymore.

the one thing that gives me hope that the new stuff won't suck is that david x cohen and most of the original writers are back.

With Family Guy, the jokes are a little less thoughtful. I was watching the futurama dvd sets and was amazed at the commentaries, Both Matt and David were inserting math jokes, computer science jokes, as well as quantum physics.

Those jokes would never be in a Family guy episode. so the type of jokes will be exactly the same as they were.

and once it comes back the universe will be return to balance.

[quote name='TheClassicObserver']the one thing that gives me hope that the new stuff won't suck is that david x cohen and most of the original writers are back.[/quote]

At least one of the creative staff went to Harvard, which I think is amazing. :)

bread's done
Back