Futurama: Volume 5 $34.99 bluray $27.99 DVD

Fyi, Futurama S5 is the four movies with each movie broken up into four episodes. S6 is the one Comedy Central has syndicated, and it is only half done airing so we won't see that dvd set for a whlie.

-Edit-
I was wrong, this set is the first half of S6 (i.e. the episodes that Comedy Central syndicated starting a few months ago). I haven't seen any of the new episodes so I will definitely be picking this up (maybe wait for a price drop). Thanks for correcting me fellow CAGs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, guess I'm up the creek to get the first two movies on BR, since I have the third and fourth ones on BR when Best Buy had them for $9.99 each, and the first one on DVD that I picked up from someone I knew.

Thank you Fox for screwing that up.

[quote name='lilman']Fyi, Futurama S5 is the four movies with each movie broken up into four episodes. S6 is the one Comedy Central has syndicated, and it is only half done airing so we won't see that dvd set for a whlie.[/QUOTE]

Wait, I'm confused...

If they cut the supposed 4 movies into into 4 episodes each, that's 16 episodes. But in the article posted by LinkinPrime:

This morning Fox Home Entertainment has announced to retailers that on December 21st, just days before Christmas, they will release those 13 episodes as 2-disc sets titled "Futurama - Volume 5" on both DVD and high-def Blu-ray Disc formats.

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Futurama-Volume-5/14507#ixzz125gRUYt2

So they're only releasing 13 episodes... or is that a typo?

Either way, good news for me. I prefer the show in episode form so I'm definitely buying.

[quote name='shrike4242']Well, guess I'm up the creek to get the first two movies on BR, since I have the third and fourth ones on BR when Best Buy had them for $9.99 each, and the first one on DVD that I picked up from someone I knew.

Thank you Fox for screwing that up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and of course topping that off is the extra footage to better bookend the episodes. I was a hardcore Futurama fan but wasn't impressed with the movies. Do they fare better broken up as episodes?

Man, I'm getting tired of this 13 episode "volume" bullcrap. Just give us the whole damned season. I'll probably still buy it, but wait until they're cheap. I refuse to buy such short sets for what a full season should cost.

bread's done
Back