Future Shop Black Friday Sale

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
From GAF:
[quote name='lordoftherink']Future Shop (starts Friday)
XBOX 360/PS3 Need For Speed: Shift- $39.99
XBOX 360/PS3 NHL 10- $39.99
XBOX 360/PS3 Dragon Age: Origins- $39.99
XBOX 360/PS3 Fight Night Round 4- $39.99
XBOX 360/PS3 Brutal Legend- $39.99
XBOX 360/PS3 Wolfenstein- $29.99
XBOX 360/PS3 Assassin's Creed- $14.99
XBOX 360/PS3 Prince of Persia- $14.99
XBOX 360/PS3 Wheelman- $9.99
XBOX 360/PS3 The Bourne Conspiracy- $9.99

XBOX 360 Left For Dead 2- $39.99
XBOX 360 Section 8- $39.99
XBOX 360 Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts- $19.99
XBOX 360 Ninja Blade- $19.99
XBOX 360 Mass Effect- $9.99
XBOX 360 Wireless Network Adapter- $59.99 (likely trying to clear out due to the new N adapters)
XBOX 360 Wireless Controller+Grand Theft Auto IV- $59.99
XBOX 360 Elite with Pure/Lego Batman/Lego Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda/Fable 2- $299.99

Wii EA Sports Active- $39.99
Wii EA Sports Active More Workouts- $29.99
Wii Need For Speed Nitro- $39.99

PC Left For Dead 2- $44.99
PC Dragon Age: Origins- $44.99[/QUOTE]

Assuming they're available online, guess I'll be picking up L4D2 and NFS Shift. Not that I really need any more new games...

Thanks for posting. :)

I kinda want Prince of Persia. I missed out on the Ebgames deal. Need for Speed Shift at 39.99 also looks really good.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']No PS3 exclusives listed, weird.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully there's some good ones, I'm hoping that Ratchet will be $39.99 :)

Kind of surprised that Dragon Age:Origins is on that.. I would have hoped it was selling better than that. And L4D2?? That just came out. I think NFS: Shift and Brutal Legend aren't doing well though, not surprised to see those.

I really hope the Future Shop near me doesn't sell out of Dragon Age before I can get there on Friday.

uggh... in for Left 4 Dead II. Just can't say no to that for $40. Maybe Dragon Age: Origins also depending on financial situation.

Glad to see that the prices are almost the same as the BF sales in the US ($5 more on a few games), likely an attempt by Future Shop to avoid people traveling to the States for BF.

Maybe it's a giant EA sale (Brutal Legend, L4D2, Dragon Age, NFS, NHL).

Wheelman PS3/360 + Mass Effect = Trade-3 for $30, even less with PM at Best Buy.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']
Wheelman PS3/360 + Mass Effect = Trade-3 for $30, even less with PM at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Uh-oh! I think you just gave the hoarders some ideas.

Slightly OT: Anyone have any idea what the VIP event at FS for Thursday November 26th is about? The email I got says it's in-store only. Any leaks on what those deals will be? Are we sure that the deals listed in the OP are for Friday and aren't for the Thursday one-day sale?

[quote name='Fuzzy']Slightly OT: Anyone have any idea what the VIP event at FS for Thursday November 26th is about? The email I got says it's in-store only. Any leaks on what those deals will be? Are we sure that the deals listed in the OP are for Friday and aren't for the Thursday one-day sale?[/QUOTE]

I got the VIP email too. It's very general and gives no information (or even if it's only specific hours etc.). I don't want to make a trip in tomorrow, unless I know of something I want to buy that's included in the sale, but with no info, I see no point to going.

I picked up the invite to the VIP event it just says preferred pricing. I had to get the invite from a department manager. I want some points cards hopefully I can get a good price on at least that.

The VIP sale last time was bullshit. I asked about monitors a month beforehand and they told me about it. The monitor was more expensive and they wouldn't budge on pricing except by 10% (which was $20 more than the original price). Ugh. Went to NCIX down the street and bought a different one instead.

[quote name='ProfNut']hmmm my PC can't run L4D2. I'll pick up the Xbox 360 version.

ISPU FTW!!![/QUOTE]

hey...

so if I pull these out for ISPU and go to pick them up ON friday, I would get them for the sale price, yes??

[quote name='Super Strokey']So is this at futureshop or bestbuy? SOme places are saying its Bestbuy others are saying its FS.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was confuse too, because the guy on RFD said BB, but also said credit goes to GAF, and he remove Dragon Age from the list of stuff.

I might buy Dragon Age for that price.

I can pretty much confirm it. There was a large shipment of near every game on that list. Not to mention someone came in declaring he got a flier in the mail about it and thought it started today. However at the same time noone in the store knows about such a sale. So I'm wary to say 100% confirmed. But it seems likely.

[quote name='TripleQ']Is this sale even confirmed by anything other than a post on GAF?[/QUOTE]

if it's from GAF, it's probably true. Users there don't generally post BS, not like some RFD users that enjoy tricking people (hello MrKat...). I'd trust most of their users as much as I would trust known CAGs. We'll know by tomorrow at the earliest, right?

I ISPU'd L4D2 for PC, but they won't let you buy multiple copies #-oI had to use another account and CC. I guess they're getting ready for the sale by restricting copies?

i knew it was a good idea to hold off on brutal legend when EB had it going for $45 the other week

...though i've honestly heard good and bad about the game that I'm wondering if I should wait for it to hit $29 eventually down the line. I wish the demo on XBL actually showed the RTS elements of the game

:(

and just a tidbit of advice for anyone picking up Wheelman...

$9 is a great price for it but just beware, the game will piss you off to no end. By the mid-way point of the game to the end, it pulls out just about every cheap gameplay mechanic known to man.

Infinite respawns (and when i say infinite...I MEAN INFINITE), blatant cheating AI (their cars speed up after you've blown out all 4 tires even though the game makes you shoot them out), bad checkpoint (or no) system in missions, making the player multi-task so much that you often lose track of your actual target

I picked it up a while back for $30 and made it about 3/4 of the way through before I just had enough of it. It was great for a period of time and its "car switch/leap" mechanic is great to pull off but it wears thin very quickly.

Enjoy it whoever picks it up. Best of luck with its tedium ;)

I don't know what to do. I can order Dragon Age online through amazon.com for $35 US and have my friend bring it back at christmas. Or risk this not being real (not confirmed yet), and try on Friday. And can you choose to pay at the store for in store pick up? Or do they require you to pay online the full price and then you just get reimbursed at the store?

[quote name='strife18']I don't know what to do. I can order Dragon Age online through amazon.com for $35 US and have my friend bring it back at christmas. Or risk this not being real (not confirmed yet), and try on Friday. And can you choose to pay at the store for in store pick up? Or do they require you to pay online the full price and then you just get reimbursed at the store?[/QUOTE]

if you ISPU it then you pay in store. you have to enter a CC number through the online checkout but nothing is charged to the actual card until you go to the store and pick it up

I do this quite often when I'm undecided on an item. I'll ISPU it which gives you 3 days to decide...if at the end you don't actually want it, in 3 days you're ISPU will expire and they'll just throw it back on the shelf with no charge to your CC

Alrighty, thanks.
I just wish someone would confirm this. It looks awfully similar to the BB deals. I know thats fine cause you can price match usually, but my city doesn't have a BB so our FS would most likely not match.

[quote name='strife18']Alrighty, thanks.
I just wish someone would confirm this. It looks awfully similar to the BB deals. I know thats fine cause you can price match usually, but my city doesn't have a BB so our FS would most likely not match.[/QUOTE]

i thought someone mentioned it was mostly confirmed...but whatever

whichever way you end up picking the game up I hope you get it. I picked up the collectors for full price when it came out on the 360 and I'm currently on my 2nd playthrough...incredible game :D

Hehe, I made the decision to get Demon's Souls CE on launch instead of Dragons Age. Seems like it was a good move, seeing how you won't be seeing an Atlus game like Demon's Souls go down to $40 anytime soon.
I've heard good things from Dragons age though (other then some lag issues here or there, but thats minor)
I may end up doing ISPU for it tonight and just cross my fingers.

bread's done
Back