Future Shop: Resistance 2 and Resistance 2 CE on sale

cm matty

CAGiversary!
i didn't see this posted in the flyers thread (i don't even know if it's in the flyer), but it's on the front page of their website. the price on the main page is different than the price on the actual product page.

Resistance 2: $29.99 on main page, $33.32 on product page
Resistance 2 CE: $39.99 on main page, $44.43 on product page

upon further inspection, the 29.99 price is the 10% off of 33.32...so you should be able to get it for 29.99 and 39.99. i tried checking out 3 times before i got the 10% off.

A lot of Sony first party titles going down huh. Resistance Retribution included.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP, even though I have Resistance 2, I'm a sucker for the limited edition stuff! Time to trade in R2! Still nets $37 at EB, so you can upgrade to the LE for pretty much for free, I only paid $34.99 for R2 in the first place!

awesome deal, thanks!

iono if i should get it or not.
still got a couple of games at home I haven't beaten.

Do you guys think the price for resistance 2 will go down to 29.99 about summer time?
Or will it go back up to 59.99

hey game_fanatic
futureshop website says you can trade in resistance 2 at 37 dollars there too.

anyways, is the collector's edition worth getting? or should i just get the regular game.

[quote name='Xeph820']anyways, is the collector's edition worth getting? or should i just get the regular game.[/quote]

The only cool thing I see about the collector's is the Chimera figure and in-game multiplayer skin. That's assuming the skin is still available (ie. code hasn't expired)

• Exclusive 5 ½" Chimera Hybrid action figure with Bullseye weapon.
  • Double-sided Resistance art book covering a war-torn America from two unique perspectives.
  • Bonus DVD including: Behind The Scenes video, Exclusive video commentary by Insomniac Games, "Twisted History" chronology video, Sneak peek at the upcoming Resistance novel, "Resistance: The Gathering Storm",
  • Exclusive in-game HVAP Wraith multiplayer skin and more.
[quote name='Lockescythe']This is online only. Instore it still scans in at 59/69[/quote]
I'm assuming you went in-store and checked today. Aren't the Cust App sale price good instore on Monday only, assuming this game counts towards that? At least, that's the idea I get from the website.

AGHHH
i guess i won't be able to get in on this deal anymore.
i don't have a credit card to do the pickup =(

is there any other way?
i am so busy next week i can't make it to the store

[quote name='Xeph820']AGHHH
i guess i won't be able to get in on this deal anymore.
i don't have a credit card to do the pickup =(

is there any other way?
i am so busy next week i can't make it to the store[/quote]

Maybe try tomorrow? I think those special prices might reflect only on Monday for instore. That's what the website suggests...

Anyone know what FS's previous practices have been on these sales instore?

yeah..
i don't think i have time tomorrow. =[

have to study for Shakespeare test for tuesday.

maybe somebody in burnaby/vancouver who is planning to buy it, can help me buy it too and i'll pay them back lol.

VERY tempting (I was at step 4 of the checkout process with the CE before I had second thoughts) but I have a feeling the price is going to drop soon anyway. Plus I have waaaaay too many games to play right now.

Thanks though OP!

Niiiice. This means it'll likely be $24.99 used at Blockbuster, meaning I can get it for super cheap (20% employee discount). Glad I didn't order it from Futureshop last night then!

Picked up CE for $36+tax after trading in my Rogers copy for $37.

Picked up a regular for $30 + tax for you Xeph. I get off work at 6 on Friday at Metrotown (my last day actually!) does that work for you? PM me.

do folks really see the price of the CE dropping even further? I'm kind of angry at myself for not PMing at BB, considering there's one 10 minutes from my work.

Thanks OP, picked up the regular version and also got Lost Oddessey for $27.99 (used, cheapest I've seen it here). Also picked up a guitar hero on tour ds case package and one of those zelda lunch box containers with all the ds accessories for $4.96 + tax (def ymmv on that one, managers special). Also got An Evening with Kevin Smith dvd for ~$7, all in all good night :)

bread's done
Back