Futureshop Boxing Day Sale

JamesSoprano

CAGiversary!
it's not up on the website yet. but it's up on RFD tho  here is the link

http://www.redflagdeals.com/flyers/future-shop/boxing-day-sale-dec-25-to-dec-27-2013-22999/?page=1#flyer

some good deals on movies .. games wise ... ehhhhh nothing outstanding.  some xbox one games going for $49.99    and AC4 BF4 and Last of Us going for $39.99 with a couple others.

anyone see anything interesting  or what you may pick up   or are these deals Blah ?,  Post below  would love to hear thoughts and opinions

Welp, looks like I'll pick up the 360 holiday bundle.  I was hoping to reuse my old 250GB hard drive but since the 4gb is $130 at the source the extra 70 seems alright, plus $25 gift card.

Kinda disappointed to not see a Zelda Wii U deal as well.

I'm going to second Wii U Party. It's essentially a $10 discount on a Wii Remote Plus.

From what I read, the reviews of the actual game are mediocre.

I'm going to second Wii U Party. It's essentially a $10 discount on a Wii Remote Plus.

From what I read, the reviews of the actual game are mediocre.
Rather wait for an actual sale on the Wii motes themselves. I don't need the game.

I just reminded myself, that I already played Metal Gear Rising. Saw I had the trophies for it. Guess I`ll skip out on it.

I just reminded myself, that I already played Metal Gear Rising. Saw I had the trophies for it. Guess I`ll skip out on it.
EBgames has already got it used for $20 so I'm skipping it too.

Only thing I think I'll grab is the Tritton Kunai REDs for $10. Will be good to use on the Wii U when my gf is sleeping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has Anyone gotten to Shop today in there province at Futureshop ?  ( i think this is a waist of time asking this but will anyway )   a friend told me someone from Ottawa in Futurehop  that they had ridiculous low prices for Collector's Editions of games on the 26th only in store and took photo's of it but when i went to look this up as i was told it was on RFD so i did and  it only happened in 1 place in Ottawa,  

*** i'm curious if anyone seen this today when they went out shopping ? *** ( here in NS stores are still closed on Boxing Day for those who didn't know )   everywhere else on RFD so far people said they were charging standard price for the Collector's Editions of games like  Splinter Cell   Saints Row 4  among some other titles.

another question is:   can certain stores just have sales like this and other locations not ?   i thought if one store had a sale  then other stores would follow suit.   i assume it is to get rid of stock since no one said it was to get rid of stock or was a special in-store sale for one day.   i doubt if i mentioned this too them they would say it's price matching there own store so i don't think i would bother.  unless someone says other wise.

** EDIT **  i forgot  i read they said it was a Game Clearance.  if one store does a game clearance for a day it probably is to get rid of stock cause if it was a regular clearance then all store would participate to get rid of stock that they have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walked into Best Buy at ten minutes to close, and grabbed a Wii Party U for $29.99.  Will trade my old black Wii Remote Plus to EB Games tomorrow (+10% for Platinum Edge, +$10 for Platinum Edge coupon) for $21, resulting in a $9 Wii Party U.

Walked into Best Buy at ten minutes to close, and grabbed a Wii Party U for $29.99. Will trade my old black Wii Remote Plus to EB Games tomorrow (+10% for Platinum Edge, +$10 for Platinum Edge coupon) for $21, resulting in a $9 Wii Party U.
Hadn't thought of that.

Well, the $10 Edge TIV coupon doesn't really count. Because you could just as easily trade in any garbage you're sitting on, or even pick out the worst crap EB has on hand for $2 for the trade-in.

But still, trading in a used controller and keeping the new one is pretty sweet.

Well, the $10 Edge TIV coupon doesn't really count. Because you could just as easily trade in any garbage you're sitting on, or even pick out the worst crap EB has on hand for $2 for the trade-in.

But still, trading in a used controller and keeping the new one is pretty sweet.
You're right. I didn't have anything to trade at the moment, but I'd never thought of finding some cheap to just buy and trade in; though I kinda doubt that anything $2 would even have a trade value anymore.

They just have to accept it. It can be a penny, and you'll get $10.01 back. I dragged in the worst stuff I could dig out of my collection. They don't take PS2 games anymore, I think they stopped sometime in 2012. They do still take PSP games, also horrible accessories. I dragged in a Play N Charge kit for the 360 that at best was worse than a single pair of Eneloops (and eventually got down to charges holding for like 2 hours) and got myself $15.50 with the coupon. I could buy myself 8 Eneloops for that :)

bread's done
Back