FW 3.01 is out now!

Kman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
ok sony has released a 3.01 FW update to fix a exploit they found in 3.0.. nothing new has been added just a security fix is all...

Exploit?! Where?!?!?!?!

EDIT: False alarm. There isn't a CONFIRMED exploit in 3.0, only "a bug." Move along. There is nothing to see here.

[quote name='daphatty']Exploit?! Where?!?!?!?!

EDIT: False alarm. There isn't a CONFIRMED exploit in 3.0, only "a bug." Move along. There is nothing to see here.[/quote]

i agree nothing big, the exploit they fixed is one that may allow homebrew... so i will not be updating my 3.0 firmware yet.... to see what comes out of this...;)

Yeah, lets make sure we fight the never ending battle of homebrew instead of trying to get good games on the system.

What a joke. Sony has lost their fucking minds.

I agree with you Mooky, I don't understand why sony fights homebrew, I guess they don't want every advantage they can get....

They really should embrace it, maybe not market it as a system that can run homebrew, but leave it so people can if they want to. I think that the PSP would be more of a powerhouse if they let it be and focused on MAKING ORGINAL AND GOOD GAMES for it.

I guess they would rather block people from playing genesis games, so they can emulate them and sell them on UMD for 20 bones. That whole 14 copies they sell will really turn the tide on the DS.

man cant believe im still on good ol 1.5 lol

fuck sony lol..

I was really up to date on psp homebrew scene until i got my pocket pc. so i focused my attention on that...

whats new on the scene? still cant play 64 decently? how bout that psx emulator? is snes perfect yet?

Last thing i remember playing with was that pimpstreamer... that was pretty cool

I just updated. Haha the visualizer thing while you're playing MP3s is pretty cool.

I read that they're working on another update before Christmas so that you can download PSOne games without having to use PS3.

[quote name='hx214']I agree with you Mooky, I don't understand why sony fights homebrew, I guess they don't want every advantage they can get....
[/QUOTE]
What is there not to understand? People use homebrew to PIRATE PSP games which is BAD for Sony. I hope Sony finds a way to force people to update.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']How many true honest-to-goodness "homebrew" games are there anyway?[/QUOTE]

That's just it. There isn't a damned thing worth playing in the homebrew community EXCEPT devhook.

[quote name='lilboo']So when does the PSone emulation begin? And do you NEED a PS3 to do so? :([/quote]

Currently. you need the PS3. Sony plans to have direct downloads to the PSP at a later date. :roll:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']so when the hell will we be able to download PS1 stuff on our PSPs without having to own a damn PS3?[/QUOTE]

TY.

That's one of the reasons I'm keeping my PSP around.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']so when the hell will we be able to download PS1 stuff on our PSPs without having to own a damn PS3?[/QUOTE]A few months. Sony's mostly busy working out all the bugs on PS3 right now. As soon as they get most all resolved, that's when they'll probably do it.

I upgraded....a few things I noticed. Visual player on mp3...nice. Fast Forward is LOTS better with mp3. I don't care about homebrew since I use my PSP as a mp3 player lately.

i actually use the mp3 a lot so the visual player is a good addition.....btw, does anybody know what the "Certificate Utility" does or function of it?...its under Games, after Game Sharing....i barely noticed it till i accidentally clikd on it...:?

I love the visualizers...... And the integrated functions with the PS3 and the new camera is going to rock - Good Job, Sony........:applause:

bread's done
Back