FYE $10 DS games after mail-in rebate

MR_E

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I stopped by the FYE at McKinley Mall in Blasdell, NY today and saw a new large display of DS games marked "$9.99 after mail-in rebate while supplies last"... The rack actually seemed to contain about half of the store's stock of DS games with regular prices ranging from around $19.99-29.99 (even some newer titles like Quantum of Solace)...

I'm not sure if it's YMMV...but the fact that all of them were individually stickered with new "$9.99 after mail-in rebate" price stickers leads me to guess it might be chain-wide. Also not sure what the mail-in rebate entails since I didn't pick anything up. So if anyone wants to verify or fill in the details, feel free... But there you have it.

My FYE doesn't even carry video games, damn. I think there are some mall stores but I don't recall them carrying games either.

[quote name='malio']Anyone know if this promotion is still going?[/quote]

Yes, it's still going. I just bought Fire Emblem DS with the rebate form about 3 hrs ago.

[quote name='malio']Anyone know if this promotion is still going?[/QUOTE]

Please read through the thread. It has been mentioned that the promotion is good through 2/24.

[quote name='waxHead']For everyone who asked about Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for the DS, I confirmed today that it will be $9.99 after rebate :) The rebate form will print out for the new Fire Emblem DS game just like all other $29.99 games.[/quote]

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. :applause: I love me some 9.99 fire emblem

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. :applause: I love me some 9.99 fire emblem[/quote]

Glad I was able to help, enjoy! :cool:

Picked up Fire Emblem today. I had to ask them for it, and they had to go back to the back room to get it, but it was in stock. I even asked them to print a UPC price sticker for it and they were happy to comply! Kudos to FYE! :D Assuming the rebate goes through OK, $9.99 Fire Emblem is the deal of the year in my opinion.

hmm is fire emblem that good that is such a big deal here, iom not being sarcastic i just have no expirence w the series

kinda depends if you like strategy rpgs, the battles can take awhile and they can be unforgiving since the characters that die are permanently gone (if they were not main characters that make you lose)...but none of those parts really phase me so I love the Fire Emblem series.

[quote name='Aznchaos3']kinda depends if you like strategy rpgs, the battles can take awhile and they can be unforgiving since the characters that die are permanently gone (if they were not main characters that make you lose)...but none of those parts really phase me so I love the Fire Emblem series.[/quote]

My biggest gripe with the FE series is that while each character is SUPPOSED to be interesting and unique, they're really bland paper cut-outs of each other. You have your sword guys, axe guys, etc. And very little incentive to keep a particular one over another...

But that's just my opinion. If the story/characterization were half decent (IMO), I might be more interested. I'll stick with AW! :booty:

Haha, i've never played advance wars but $10 fire emblem works for me

Sorry, this is repetitive but is the price sticker rebate method reliable (I just don't wanna screw up this rebate/would rather not cut a chunk out of the actual game if it's unnecessary) thanks :)

Wait, so Fire Emblem DOES have a rebate on it?
I tried to et Dragon Quest IV at $29.99, but no rebate printed up for it.
If Fire Emblem does, though, I may try to get it...

[quote name='SDC']Wait, so Fire Emblem DOES have a rebate on it?
I tried to et Dragon Quest IV at $29.99, but no rebate printed up for it.
If Fire Emblem does, though, I may try to get it...[/QUOTE]

Yes, Fire Emblem automatically printed the rebate form at check out. Regarding DQIV, isn't that still a $39.99 game? That would probably be why the rebate didn't print.

[quote name='62t']this sucks my local store didnt get any FE in, even though the have a big sign for it.[/QUOTE]

Be sure to ask for it specifically. It wasn't on the shelf at my store and they had to go to the back room to get it.

[quote name='Josef']Yes, Fire Emblem automatically printed the rebate form at check out. Regarding DQIV, isn't that still a $39.99 game? That would probably be why the rebate didn't print.[/QUOTE]

DQIV was marked at $40, but ran up $30

i've been debating on whether or not to grab the mario hoops 3-on-3. is this oop now? also thinking about kirby super star ultra, mario party and something else. for $10, it's hard to pass up the nintendo published titles since they rarely go on sale.

I was hoping for either Fire Emblem, Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest 4/5 or Retro Game Master but it seems they were picked clean of most decent DS games. I did find both Kirby platformer games though so it's all good :)

Was able to pick up FE today w/ rebate. Thanks for letting me know what was up, dudes, I was given wrong info at the store last time.
Did Retro Game challenge have a rebate, too? My store apparently never got copies.

Picked up Kirby Superstar Ultra, Heroes of Mana, and Mario Party DS. Went to antoehr FYE that sold games today but they didn't have much. None of the ones I have been to have had FE in stock. Oh well. Hopefully the rebate turnaournd is quick.

Picked up Kirby Superstar Ultra, Rune Factory, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, The World Ends With You, Metroid Prime Pinball, Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, and Mystery Case Files: Millionheir. Was hoping for Fire Emblem and Retro Games Challenge, but I'm happy with what I found. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Rave Child']Picked up Kirby Superstar Ultra, Rune Factory, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, The World Ends With You, Metroid Prime Pinball, Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, and Mystery Case Files: Millionheir. Was hoping for Fire Emblem and Retro Games Challenge, but I'm happy with what I found. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

I would have loved to find a copy of TWEWY! That game keeps eluding me, first at Circuit City and know at FYE.

I picked up Big Bang Mini and Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon with this deal. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to flip a bunch of the other games.

They had quite a few top-tier Nintendo titles in stock. At the very least, I could have used the Club Nintendo codes that Nintendo screwed me out of during the site upgrade.

One FYE near me doesn't sell games. Had to hit a different one today. No luck, of course. No decent DS games "NEW" that would qualify. At least a dozen copies of Chrono Trigger "Used" for $29.99.

I'm guessing that most of the newer "Used" games were stolen copies. A guy in line ahead of me traded in about 8 newer DS games including the new Fire Emblem. Overheard him say on a cell phone that he was getting the rest of someone's bail money.

bread's done
Back