FYE $150 rebate 360 Elite

CheepGamez

CAGiversary!
I didn't see this posted, someone will probably bust me hard for missing it, but here goes anyway. :mrgreen:

I noticed on the wall of my local FYE recently a sign for a $150 rebate on the XBox 360 Elite. I was stunned. That brings the price down to $249, which has GOT to be the hottest deal ever on a current gen system. You'll probably wait 6 months for the rebate to be processed, but what the hell? At that price it's a better value than anything out there, even with the new price cuts for the PS3 that are said to be coming.

Also at FYE, new PS2 for $79, again by rebate.

I just checked the FYE Rebate Center Website. I don't see $150 rebates, but I do see $100.

Product: XB360-System Elite
Promotion: Up to $100 Visa Prepaid Card with Purchase of Select Home Entertainment at Participating Retailers
Valid Purchase Dates: 02-25-2009 through 03-24-2009
Postmarked By: 04-24-2009
Rebate Reward: $100.00 Prepaid Debit Card

Product: XB360-System Elite Val BD08
Promotion: Up to $100 Visa Prepaid Card with Purchase of Select Home Entertainment at Participating Retailers

Product: XB360-System Elite Val Bdle

Also, see $50 rebates for the 60GB model

[quote name='CheepGamez']I didn't see this posted, someone will probably bust me hard for missing it, but here goes anyway. :mrgreen:

I noticed on the wall of my local FYE recently a sign for a $150 rebate on the XBox 360 Elite. I was stunned. That brings the price down to $249, which has GOT to be the hottest deal ever on a current gen system. You'll probably wait 6 months for the rebate to be processed, but what the hell? At that price it's a better value than anything out there, even with the new price cuts for the PS3 that are said to be coming.

Also at FYE, new PS2 for $79, again by rebate.[/quote]

Well it's not $150.00 off, it's $100.00 off. It is a mail-in rebate. I went to my local FYE about 15 minutes ago and confirmed this. Froze my ass off too walking in and out of the mall.

It's an FYE rebate, and my understanding (and experience) is that every FYE rebate is effectively a $0 rebate.

Has anyone, ever gotten a rebate check from FYE? I know I'm still owed one...

[quote name='crazy blain']Well it's not $150.00 off, it's $100.00 off. It is a mail-in rebate. I went to my local FYE about 15 minutes ago and confirmed this. Froze my ass off too walking in and out of the mall.[/QUOTE]

I'm 3 for 4 on FYE rebates. Most recently I got their $100 debit card rebate for the 20GB 360 Pro. I got stiffed on a $20 rebate for PGR3 a few years back. Probably my fault as I didn't keep track of them back then. Just keep copies and fax them in if they say they weren't received.

better deal than 20% off from dell.

ive received every rebate back that ive submitted to FYE. they all came back in the allotted time. i think it says that it takes a couple months to process them. no gripes over here.

[quote name='dc_fortythree']better deal than 20% off from dell.

ive received every rebate back that ive submitted to FYE. they all came back in the allotted time. i think it says that it takes a couple months to process them. no gripes over here.[/quote]

Yeah but with Dell you'll get your money back instantly (and you dont pay the tax on the full $400). A matter of convenience really.

[quote name='crazy blain']Yeah but with Dell you'll get your money back instantly (and you dont pay the tax on the full $400). A matter of convenience really.[/quote]

fully agree. so around 17 bucks extra if you can wait a couple months for the rebate. hmmm now which one would a true CAG go for? :)

[quote name='cheeky']Looks like $150 rebate was valid thru 2/24[/QUOTE]

So its dead now? Got my hopes up too until I viewed it :(

bread's done
Back