FYE: 20% Bonus Trade Ins is Back!!! Extended til 7/27 YMMV

briansraregames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
UPDATE: Many CAGs are reporting that the trade in deal has been extended to the end of July! Be aware that this has not been confirmed and like everything else FYE does, may be very YMMV depending on the competancy of their employees.

Looks like FYE is running their "Brown Bag" trade in deal again.

Basically, anything you trade in (CD,DVD,Game) gets an automatic 20% bump, plus if you elect to get store credit, you get another 25% bump!!! Just be sure that your stuff is in good shape and complete...FYE can be very picky! And also be aware that like any other deal at FYE, this can be YMMV depending on how on the ball the staff is!

According to the brown bags, this promo runs until 7/18/07 so we all have plenty of time to exploit it!

THIS is the bag you need to look for:

UPDATE: Here are some reported trade in values (before bump)

Also, if you guys are looking for trade in values, www.secondspin.com is usually pretty close to what you receive in store.

[XBOX]

Winning Eleven 8 - $5.00
Stacked - $8.00
Nightmare Bf Xmas - $5.00
Tony Hawk A.W. - $4.00
Gun - $5.00
Frogger Ancient Shadow - $5.00
NTRA Breeder's Cup - $5.00
G. Hastings Paintball Maxd - $7.00
Scarface - $10.00

[PS2]

Cabelas Dangerous Hunts - $5.00
IGPX - $16.00
Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses - $7.00
SingStar Rocks Bundle - $21.60
Dirge Cerberus - $8.00
Phantom Brave - $12.00
Tourist Trophy - $12.00

[PSP]

Samurai Warriors - $15.00
Blitz Overtime - $16.00 now $2.00
Y's Ark of Napishtim - $8.00
MTX Mototrax - $7.00
Bust A Move - $12.00
Juiced Eliminator - $4.00
GTA Liberty City - $7.00
Lemmings - $9.00

[XB360]

Viva Pinata - $12.80
DDR Universe - $21.60
Virtua Tennis 3 - $21.60

[PS3]

Untold Legends - $24.00

[DS]

Point Blank - $7.00
Rub rabbits - $8.00
Garfield - $7.00

$5 at GS/EB - timesplitters - $16 credit
+25%=20
$15 profit

$8 at GS/EB world series of poker - $12 credit
+25%=$15
$7 profit

$6 at GS/EB outlaw golf 2 - $12 credit
+25%=$15
$9 profit

12+12+12+12+16+16=80 cash or
15+15+15+15+20+20=100 store credit

6+6+5+5+8+8=38-10% off(edge card)=$34.20

My store isn't running the brown bag but you get 25% extra if you take the store credit. So it's store credit and I see what they have but if they have nothing I take $80 cash over to my Gamestop and pick up some GCN games.

So with the $80 cash its Mario Tennis(which I really want), Soul Calibur 2, Tales of Symphonia. I'm going to check out the condition of Mario Tennis, if its shitty I'll pick up Guitar Hero 2 at FYE with the store credit.

[quote name='EXStrike']No brown bags in sight at the Watertown, MA FYE in Arsenal Mall.[/QUOTE]

That store sucks. I used to trade stuff in all the time until one day one of the register monkeys got REAL MAD because one of the games I traded in was higher than what they sold it for new (which wasn't my fault/problem).

Try Strawberries downtown. Much bigger store and some great stuff there when they clean out their inventory.

fye in general used to have insane trade in value prices. I remember games like V-Rally 3, Malice, and Motor Trend on Xbox could be had for under $12 (all three of them combined) and you could trade them into fye for $27 each.

Right now, it looks like Power Puff Girls on Gamecube is a decent credit builder. It's $13 at GS/Eb and $16 before any bonuses.

Don't forget that Eragon is $19.99 new at GS/EB but its also $24.99 used but if you use that coupon it subtracts $10 which makes it $14.99. $26.50 trade in without any bumps up. 31.80

If your FYE is doing the 20% brown bag trade in where you can still get cash its basically like turning $14.99 into $31.80. Get a bunch of copies and flip 3 at every store, hmmm.

edit: Tomorrow I'm going to turn $50 into Mario Power Tennis, Mario Strikers, We Love Katamari, and a broadband and modem adapters.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Crackdown gets $30.45[/quote]
Oh shit, I read that wrong. Missed the "another" 25% part on that.

Looks like i'll be trading in crackdown this week :applause:

If you trade in three World Series of Pokers(Xbox), three Outlaw Golf 2s(Xbox), and three Eragons(X360) you make $220 if you get the 45% bump. It would cost about $90 at GS/EB though.

[quote name='nyprimus4']If you trade in three World Series of Pokers(Xbox), three Outlaw Golf 2s(Xbox), and three Eragons(X360) you make $220 if you get the 45% bump. It would cost about $90 at GS/EB though.[/QUOTE]

it would be entirely worth it... on top of that, I'll come back the next day with more.

From my experience in prior FYE slinging scams (TRU Green Tag + coupon in 04), they give you gift cards that work with their site. That's the real sweet part of this, as their website sells a whole hell of alot more than games, music, or DVD's. I'm really considering offloading a ton of backlog right now.

On a side note.. do they take GBA/DS games? I can't recall if they do, and they'd probably have to be complete to meet FYE trade-in standards.

I went to my FYE and only got a 20% trade in credit bump. I traded Dark Kingdom (ps3) for $24+ 4.40= 28.80 and bought Motorcross. In the end, I paid $34.19 for it.

[quote name='monkeydeew']i got 40$+ quotes on almost all the wii games i mentioned (without bonus) :)[/quote]

You sure? I just checked Secondspin, and Super Paper Mario and Super Monkey Ball are around $21.

[quote name='EXStrike']You sure? I just checked Secondspin, and Super Paper Mario and Super Monkey Ball are around $21.[/QUOTE]

my guess is that it's YMMV or prices are better than we expected.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']my guess is that it's YMMV or prices are better than we expected.[/quote]

My guess is that these are sale prices they quoted him, not trade in values.

[quote name='tribalnoise']make sure you're searching for games, not CDs or movies. came up as $20[/quote]

thats only as collector's edition, not the normal edition.

I traded in Ape Escape 3 For $10 in cash. They should have given me $7.50 in cash, So perhaps they are just unaware of it.

Anyone know how much they would give in for these games?
Ive been wanting to sell them for a while, and this might be my best chance.

Pokemon Emerald
Mega Man X Collection (PS2)
Animal Crossing : Wild World
Metroid Prime : Hunters
Final Fantasy Anthology (PS1, i know ; lol)

[quote name='RyanTheGNR']Anyone know how much they would give in for these games?
Ive been wanting to sell them for a while, and this might be my best chance.

Pokemon Emerald
Mega Man X Collection (PS2)
Animal Crossing : Wild World
Metroid Prime : Hunters[/quote]
check at wherehouse.com

This is gonna sound a bit ridiculous and stupid, but i have to ask anyway
Im gonna be able to get about 59 for the games i put (save for one, FF:A, wherehouse doesnt mention a price)
The 59 bucks is after the percentage taken in.
But i did the percentage for the total, after i added up the prices.
Is the 45 % for each game, or the total?
If its 45 % is for each game, then ill be be getting a bit more.
if not ill get 59?

Scratch that, forget what i said above i just calculated the games and i found it
That it actually doesnt make that big of a difference, i get a dollar more if the bump is per game

Why would the bump be different? It's a percentage unless you're trading in so many game and hoping the system rounds up instead of down.

Maybe I am missing something.. no matter how you calculate it the bump is the same. let's do a round number example.

You are getting $25 each for 4 games so $100

If you do each game individually, you will get $25+5+6.25= 36.25
if you do that 4 times you get $145

If you take the 4 games together or $100 and get the bumps, you add
$20+$25 or $145

Am I understanding this right? :)

Wow, I wonder if some of you passed 4 grade math class... Anyway it seems buying eragon used for 15 with the 10 off coupon from ebgames is the best game to trade in. You get around 30 bucks for it, so I figure Ill buy as many copies that I can and return them to the fye stores that are around.

I've searched on wherehouse.com to see some games, it tells me 1 or 3 were found, but it never shows in the list. Does that mean they won't accept those games?

For example, I searched for Wipeout and it told me it found 6 matching but it doesn't show anything listings.

Btw, Dynasty Warriors for PSP gets $8 trade-in value for anyone wanting to get rid of their copy. I would trade-in mine, but the little plastic cover over on the UMD case got pushed in :/

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I've searched on wherehouse.com to see some games, it tells me 1 or 3 were found, but it never shows in the list. Does that mean they won't accept those games?

For example, I searched for Wipeout and it told me it found 6 matching but it doesn't show anything listings.

Btw, Dynasty Warriors for PSP gets $8 trade-in value for anyone wanting to get rid of their copy. I would trade-in mine, but the little plastic cover over on the UMD case got pushed in :/[/QUOTE]

same for me... I think its in their records, but the online shop dosn't take em... B&M probably will though.

Best thing to do is to go into the store. I'll be doing that after I clean out more of my collection. I've got at least 10 games in the stack that's going to FYE.

I went to FYE today. I was quoted the following trades that are VERY different than wherehouse.com:

Timesplitters PS2 $.01 (was $16 on wherehouse.com)

World Series of Poker Xbox $2.00 (was $12 on wherehouse.com)

Has anyone else tried some of the higher price games to confirm in-store values? Usually wherehouse.com is accurate.

[quote name='devin305']I went to FYE today. I was quoted the following trades that are VERY different than wherehouse.com:

Timesplitters PS2 $.01 (was $16 on wherehouse.com)

World Series of Poker Xbox $2.00 (was $12 on wherehouse.com)

Has anyone else tried some of the higher price games to confirm in-store values? Usually wherehouse.com is accurate.[/quote]

Friggin' FYE, they make up their own rules why?!?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Friggin' FYE, they make up their own rules why?!?[/QUOTE]

Eragon is a go but Outlaw Golf 2 for XBox gets $1 instead of $12.

Independence, MO Wherehouse is doing the deal but they actually make you use the bag. This happened to me last time too. I went in with a ton of games and he said, 'you need a bag.' I grabbed one and he was like, 'on your next transaction or next visit to the store.' Well, duh, I walked out with a bag and came back in about a minute later. Hey then says, 'Any bag would have worked, like a Walmart bag.'

Ugh.

Anyway, same deal on the phone, he said that I needed the bag. At least they are doing it, I will report my results tomorrow.

[quote name='bstan21']Independence, MO Wherehouse is doing the deal but they actually make you use the bag. This happened to me last time too. I went in with a ton of games and he said, 'you need a bag.' I grabbed one and he was like, 'on your next transaction or next visit to the store.' Well, duh, I walked out with a bag and came back in about a minute later. Hey then says, 'Any bag would have worked, like a Walmart bag.'

Ugh.

Anyway, same deal on the phone, he said that I needed the bag. At least they are doing it, I will report my results tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Should've went to a pharmacy, bought a box of Summer's Eve, went back to FYE, slapped an empty douche bag on the counter and said "here's your fucking bag."

[quote name='bstan21']Independence, MO Wherehouse is doing the deal but they actually make you use the bag. This happened to me last time too. I went in with a ton of games and he said, 'you need a bag.' I grabbed one and he was like, 'on your next transaction or next visit to the store.' Well, duh, I walked out with a bag and came back in about a minute later. Hey then says, 'Any bag would have worked, like a Walmart bag.'

Ugh.

Anyway, same deal on the phone, he said that I needed the bag. At least they are doing it, I will report my results tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Is there actually a sign or poster that talks about this promotion when they have it?

Yeah there is a sign with the extra 20% as well as a big ass stack of brown bags on the counter. They look like school lunch bags.

[quote name='bstan21']Independence, MO Wherehouse is doing the deal but they actually make you use the bag. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't have any idea what's going on at that store.

The last time they ran this deal, I did two trades over the course of two days. The first day, I wrongly assumed the cashier would add the credit bump, and it wasn't until the second day, when I actually put my trades in the bag that he gave me the bump.

Yesterday I go into the store with a plastic grocery sack full of about 15 DVDs and upon entering, I grab one of the brown bags. As I'm in line, the cashiers were really friendly and were just giving people the bump automatically without the bag, and were in fact informing people of the deal. When I'm trading my stuff in, the brown bag was completely ignored, so on the way out I just put it back on the rack.

Today, I brought in quite a few cds, and just figured they'd add the 20%. At the end, I'm given the total without the bump. When I bring it up, the cashier (different from yesterday), says I should have at least brought the bag to the counter. He has me walk the ten feet to the rack, grab a bag and place it on the counter...and that's it. He adds the 20%, gives me the cash and I'm on my way.

It made zero sense for a few reasons:

1. I figured I'd be wasting everyone's time by filling the 10 separate bags it would've taken to hold my cds I was trading.

2. There's absolutely nothing on the bag to scan.

3. After he gave me the cash, he told me to take the bag with me in case I traded in anything in the future.

What the hell? So, I don't get the bump unless I grab what's basically a useless bag and put it in front of your eyes? A bag which is then completely ignored and given to me on the way out? I don't understand.

It's not really a complaint, as everyone there is nothing but nice to me, but I just thought it was odd.

[quote name='zootedgranny']Yeah, I don't have any idea what's going on at that store.

The last time they ran this deal, I did two trades over the course of two days. The first day, I wrongly assumed the cashier would add the credit bump, and it wasn't until the second day, when I actually put my trades in the bag that he gave me the bump.

Yesterday I go into the store with a plastic grocery sack full of about 15 DVDs and upon entering, I grab one of the brown bags. As I'm in line, the cashiers were really friendly and were just giving people the bump automatically without the bag, and were in fact informing people of the deal. When I'm trading my stuff in, the brown bag was completely ignored, so on the way out I just put it back on the rack.

Today, I brought in quite a few cds, and just figured they'd add the 20%. At the end, I'm given the total without the bump. When I bring it up, the cashier (different from yesterday), says I should have at least brought the bag to the counter. He has me walk the ten feet to the rack, grab a bag and place it on the counter...and that's it. He adds the 20%, gives me the cash and I'm on my way.

It made zero sense for a few reasons:

1. I figured I'd be wasting everyone's time by filling the 10 separate bags it would've taken to hold my cds I was trading.

2. There's absolutely nothing on the bag to scan.

3. After he gave me the cash, he told me to take the bag with me in case I traded in anything in the future.

What the hell? So, I don't get the bump unless I grab what's basically a useless bag and put it in front of your eyes? A bag which is then completely ignored and given to me on the way out? I don't understand.

It's not really a complaint, as everyone there is nothing but nice to me, but I just thought it was odd.[/quote]

lol, I hate when stuff like that happens.

I'll take a stab at it and say that maybe they are kind of new on the job and want to follow all rules strictly, and maybe they knew the manager was watching. I know if I just got a job I'd want to do everything as perfectly as possible in order to avoid any complaints or heckling from a higher up.

Maybe that was it, or they just wanted to make you b/c they can :p

Either way I'mma drop by with a load of DVD's and CD's to see what's up
Hopefully I don't look too silly walking in with a big arse bag of stuff asking for quotes

[quote name='nyprimus4']If you trade in three World Series of Pokers(Xbox), three Outlaw Golf 2s(Xbox), and three Eragons(X360) you make $220 if you get the 45% bump. It would cost about $90 at GS/EB though.[/quote]

Actually, if it's the Poker game I'm thinking of for Xbox, if you could find it @ Kmart, it's only $1 there to buy new.

Although, I think the game I'm thinking of is World Championship Poker or something to that effect.

Oh and to whoever said about the prices being WAY off from Wherehouse.com, I can verify that the online quotes WON'T always match up to the in-store ones. Therefore, using Wherehouse or any of their other sites with the trade in calculators as a barometer of what you'll get is a strict YMMV.

It cannot be stated enough that FYE is very strict on the condition of games they'll accept, so please, check those discs out thoroughly before you buy them.

Last time FYE had this deal, I reamed them something fierce(thank you TRU clearance). Heck, I still have $200 in gift cards that I haven't used from them.

If at all possible, could the OP(or someone on the front page) please keep a running tally of CONFIRMED trade-in prices on the front page? I know from personal experience that the prices on wherehouse.com will occasionally be way out of sync with the true trade-in value, so let's work together on this to prevent other CAGs from getting screwed over.

My store is a no-go... wtf?

I went to trade in shit, no sign, no bags, no nothing

Saturday Night Matinee in the Staten Island mall=no-go.

:(

Still made 70 bucks from my old shit though
Made for some xbox 360 points and another year of xbox live.

just got back from fye in oceanside , LI

eragon worked got 32.40 for it after buying it for 14.99 at eb used with coupon

they offered 26 cash, but i took the credit instead

does fye have an extended warranty for 360's??

bread's done
Back