FYE: 20% Bonus Trade Ins is Back!!! Extended til 7/27 YMMV

briansraregames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
UPDATE: Many CAGs are reporting that the trade in deal has been extended to the end of July! Be aware that this has not been confirmed and like everything else FYE does, may be very YMMV depending on the competancy of their employees.

Looks like FYE is running their "Brown Bag" trade in deal again.

Basically, anything you trade in (CD,DVD,Game) gets an automatic 20% bump, plus if you elect to get store credit, you get another 25% bump!!! Just be sure that your stuff is in good shape and complete...FYE can be very picky! And also be aware that like any other deal at FYE, this can be YMMV depending on how on the ball the staff is!

According to the brown bags, this promo runs until 7/18/07 so we all have plenty of time to exploit it!

THIS is the bag you need to look for:

UPDATE: Here are some reported trade in values (before bump)

Also, if you guys are looking for trade in values, www.secondspin.com is usually pretty close to what you receive in store.

[XBOX]

Winning Eleven 8 - $5.00
Stacked - $8.00
Nightmare Bf Xmas - $5.00
Tony Hawk A.W. - $4.00
Gun - $5.00
Frogger Ancient Shadow - $5.00
NTRA Breeder's Cup - $5.00
G. Hastings Paintball Maxd - $7.00
Scarface - $10.00

[PS2]

Cabelas Dangerous Hunts - $5.00
IGPX - $16.00
Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses - $7.00
SingStar Rocks Bundle - $21.60
Dirge Cerberus - $8.00
Phantom Brave - $12.00
Tourist Trophy - $12.00

[PSP]

Samurai Warriors - $15.00
Blitz Overtime - $16.00 now $2.00
Y's Ark of Napishtim - $8.00
MTX Mototrax - $7.00
Bust A Move - $12.00
Juiced Eliminator - $4.00
GTA Liberty City - $7.00
Lemmings - $9.00

[XB360]

Viva Pinata - $12.80
DDR Universe - $21.60
Virtua Tennis 3 - $21.60

[PS3]

Untold Legends - $24.00

[DS]

Point Blank - $7.00
Rub rabbits - $8.00
Garfield - $7.00

i remember u saying under amazon DOTD last week. 6 ERAGON, i thought about doing that, but thank god that i change my mind.

[quote name='bassec']What the hell what the hell what the hell!!!! NO!!!!!!!!

I BOUGHT 6 ERAGON'S TO TRADE IN!!!!!! NO!!!![/quote]

lawl @ t3h hoarder

[quote name='nyprimus4']lawl @ t3h hoarder[/quote]

Except it's not like I bought out all the stuff and didn't leave any for anyone else.

There was plenty to go around.

Luckily, estarland.com still gives $18.50. So I'll at least make back what I spent and won't lose money. No biggie.

Yeah, no kidding. I was just happy to think of estarland. Had I not checked them, I'd be at a 35% loss or so trading into EBgames.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Looks like Eragon 360 is down to 8 on wherehouse.com. Dammit I had one more to trade.[/QUOTE]

Yep... noticed that today as well... damnit... might have to return it to store since it is unopened

Noticed they still had the 9.99 after rebate deals as well... if I trade in my copies of Raging Bull, Breakfast Club , and Weird Science... with the bonus I will have close to 20 bucks, which is what the 2 sets I want cost AR(the Scorcese set with 4 movies including RB AND the High School set in the binder with B Club, WS, and 16 candles... )

It was a $10 off $10 paypal deal, like the GCO deal. Its dead now though

However if you have any GCO accounts that you havent used (that were created before 6/20) you can use the $10 off $10 with GCO.

Hey guys, I found a couple other decent trade in flips for you. Bust a move Deluxe (9.99 at CC) for PSP trades in for about $17 after 45% bump. Also, Armored Core for PSP (9.99 at EB/GS new) also trades in for about $17.

Some values I got

Final Fight Streetwise (xbox) $7
Me & My Katamari $7
1080 Avalanche $1
Geist $1
Urban Reign $4
Metropolismania $2
Eragon (360) $8 (meh, just repeating it)

I couldnt believe it when i went into my local FYE and they were not only doing the deal right; but they upped it to 50% extra (since apparently 45% is too hard of a number for their employees to determine).

Traded in the Pinky & The Brain S1 i got for $7.50 from best buy for $18. Went to a coupole gamestops that were supposed to have Outlaw Golf 2, they were all disc only (FYE requires manual & original casing). While the Outlaw Golf 2 was a dissapointment, I was pretty thrilled to see the FYE do the deal right.

[quote name='Bezerker']I couldnt believe it when i went into my local FYE and they were not only doing the deal right; but they upped it to 50% extra (since apparently 45% is too hard of a number for their employees to determine).

Traded in the Pinky & The Brain S1 i got for $7.50 from best buy for $18. Went to a coupole gamestops that were supposed to have Outlaw Golf 2, they were all disc only (FYE requires manual & original casing). While the Outlaw Golf 2 was a dissapointment, I was pretty thrilled to see the FYE do the deal right.[/quote]

The bump is now 50%?
Thanks for the info then.
Time to get more FYE credit, since i only have 8 bucks left on the card..

Check Secondspin.com. Trade in values really do vary. I picked up around 60 when EB/GS first started the B2G2 sale. I paid $3 each and they were worth $4-8 each (used the cheaper ones for the old trade 2 get 1 free that FYE was running)

Do you get more credit if the games are new over used? I had a couple drill dozers from the kmart sale awhile back, according to secondspin there worth 8.00 each, would I be better taking the shrinkwrap off, and how many can I trade at one time, I have 3?

I used Wherehouse.com's trade in values on the DVD's. About 25 dvd's for 72 credit isn't too bad. That's without the 20% applied, hopefully my store does it.

[quote name='jputahraptor']Do you get more credit if the games are new over used? I had a couple drill dozers from the kmart sale awhile back, according to secondspin there worth 8.00 each, would I be better taking the shrinkwrap off, and how many can I trade at one time, I have 3?[/quote]
They unfortunately dont give any more for new games (it actually makes you seem more suspicious to bring in sealed games). So yea, you're definately going to want to open them. I've traded 3 of the same game in one instance, i have no idea if they have a limit on how many they'll take at the same time.

Traded in a bunch of old DS/xbox games and Genji, Tony Hawk 8 (ps3) and Godfather (wii) and came out with 175.00

I picked up Shadowrun on the way out and will save the rest for Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Guitar Hero 3

You guys may want to look around at some of their cd values. They are really all over the place. A SOiL EP that averages $5-8 shipped on ebay is worth $18.75 before 45% bonus. Unfortunately the copy I have is kinda beat up, so i doubt they'd accept it.

But, that's when Gamecrazy owning a resurfacing machine comes in SUPER handy, Bezerker. I think it's like $2-3 per disc for them to do the resurfacing, right? Well worth it, if your game/cd/dvd will trade in for much more than you paid and the resurfacing costs.

My FYE didn't have any of the deals going on. Eh, I walked out with $71.00 and bought the Scorcese Collection for $10.00, Seinfield Season 1 for $24 and my mom got a 5 cd collection

anybody go to the FYE in newpark mall in newark? Last time I went i got some lame manager that told me there was no 25% extra for in store credit, and it was only the 20% promotional value. I was totally jipped in all the stuff I traded, but hey, not like I had anything else to do with that stuff. The alternative was to sell them on ebay for $1 and lose money.

[quote name='Bezerker']Secondspin.com says that Popolocrois (PSP) will be worth $23.20 after 45% bonus. EB/GS has this for $9.99. Can anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

Should be the same price instore, fye still sells that game for $39.99 new.

Ill have to check it out. Everystore within 10 miles has 1-3 according to the store locator.

For anyone interested in some Circuit City flips:

PSP - Bust a Move $9.99 - $17 after 45%

360 - Virtua Tennis 3, DDR Universe $16.96 - $31.53 after 45%

Ill try to confirm the 360 prices in store tonight.

[quote name='imascrub']anybody go to the FYE in newpark mall in newark? Last time I went i got some lame manager that told me there was no 25% extra for in store credit, and it was only the 20% promotional value. I was totally jipped in all the stuff I traded, but hey, not like I had anything else to do with that stuff. The alternative was to sell them on ebay for $1 and lose money.[/QUOTE]

As long as you have one of the bags, you are set... what was funnty was a called one FYE and they hadnt headr of it, called the next one and of course they had

Thats pretty funny that cashier cannot figure out 45% extra, it is not too difficult to do multiflication, but all they really need is a calculator

Hey Strider, which Transworld store are you going to for trading in stuff? The Strawberries downtown? You're also getting the bump, right?

Quick FYE question...for the mail-in-rebates, does it HAVE to be the original UPC? I only ask this because I don't wanna screw my self over with trading in the game some day.

*EDIT*

Never mind, it says no photocopies. Damn. I guess I'll have to buy the Darkness at CC and "return it" to FYE.

Also, here are some prices after the 45%. All are 360 games

Def Jam Icon - 39.60

Lost Planet - 33.00

Viva Pinata - 19.20

Call of Duty 3 - 30.00

[quote name='EXStrike']Hey Strider, which Transworld store are you going to for trading in stuff? The Strawberries downtown? You're also getting the bump, right?[/QUOTE]

yeah. I had to ask the guy while he was proccessing trades if they were doing the extra 20%. He said they were but the company never sent them the brown bags but said any brown bag will do.

So what are some good easy fast flips? I want to buy a psp, so if a couple of flips could make it cheaper to go to fye, im all for it.

[quote name='monkeydeew']read something sucka[/quote]

I did read a few pages, nothing too fantastic, and factoring in that fye never takes my games... w/e. Im just goign to go to bestbuy and buy one.

[quote name='help1']I did read a few pages, nothing too fantastic, and factoring in that fye never takes my games... w/e. Im just goign to go to bestbuy and buy one.[/quote]
Dance dance revolution and virtua tennis 3 for 360 trades in for around 25 cash and can be bought at circuit city for 17. Armored core and popolocrois for psp trade in for at least 15 dollars each and can be bought at ebgames for 10 dollars (if you can find them in stock)

[quote name='GBmanNC']Dance dance revolution and virtua tennis 3 for 360 trades in for around 25 cash and can be bought at circuit city for 17. Armored core and popolocrois for psp trade in for at least 15 dollars each and can be bought at ebgames for 10 dollars (if you can find them in stock)[/quote]

Gracias! Those prices are before bonuses, correct?

[quote name='help1']Gracias! Those prices are before bonuses, correct?[/quote]
those are after the plus 20%. Another 25% if you take store credit. You can use wherehouse.com to get trade in prices pre bump.

Went to CC and grabbed Bust-a-Move Deluxe, DDR Universe and Virtua Tennis 3, then went to Strawberries to trade. I got the 50% bump. 25% if you take credit signage was up, and the guy knew about the brown bag deal, just had to mention it. :D

Trade-in-values:
DDR Universe: $21.60
Virtua Tennis 3: $21.60
Bust-a-Move Deluxe: $12.00

Got $82.80 after all bonuses, and paid $46.11 at CC.

Just a heads up for anyone looking for DDR/VT3. The price on the tag may or may not say $16.96. At my location all the games were marked as $49.99; but rang up as $16.96 no questions asked at the register.

Freaking EB/GS store locator. It picked up all of the used Popolocrois (which cost $17.99 used compared to $9.99 new). Since the 'gamedays' sale is for new only, they wouldnt match the price; what a chunk of BS considering nearly all of their "NEW" games were opened and probably played by the employees.

But alas, i confirmed that the SOiL - El Chupacabra cd is worth $22.50 after bonus. It averages for $5 on ebay, so i bought another, lol.

OK so I took the dive. Called and found out that my location was giving the extra 45% trade in as well as clearing out all of their Video Game stuff (10% off systems and 30% off everything else). I traded in a bag of DVD's and a bag of CD's. Got $540 in credit.

I got....

XBOX 360 Premium ( it was 10% off) $359.99

Extra 360 Wireless controller 30% off
controller Charge kit 30% off

Rainbow 6 Vegas (used $29.99 + 30% off)
Tomb Raider (new $19.00 + 30% off)
Viva Pinata (New $29.99 + 30% off)
Xbox Live arcade (new $19.99 + 30% off)

Got it all with the credit.
==========================

Also just got ...

Gear of War,
Tiger Woods 07
Condemned
Kameo
Table Tennis

All from Goozex with points I have been saving for when I got a 360. So I guess I have a good starter 360 set up.

THANK YOU ALL OF MAKING ME AWARE OF THIS DEAL :applause: :applause:

[quote name='Jgel']OK so I took the dive. Called and found out that my location was giving the extra 45% trade in as well as clearing out all of their Video Game stuff (10% off systems and 30% off everything else). I traded in a bag of DVD's and a bag of CD's. Got $540 in credit.

I got....

XBOX 360 Premium ( it was 10% off) $359.99

Extra 360 Wireless controller 30% off
controller Charge kit 30% off

Rainbow 6 Vegas (used $29.99 + 30% off)
Tomb Raider (new $19.00 + 30% off)
Viva Pinata (New $29.99 + 30% off)
Xbox Live arcade (new $19.99 + 30% off)

Got it all with the credit.
==========================

Also just got ...

Gear of War,
Tiger Woods 07
Condemned
Kameo
Table Tennis

All from Goozex with points I have been saving for when I got a 360. So I guess I have a good starter 360 set up.

THANK YOU ALL OF MAKING ME AWARE OF THIS DEAL :applause: :applause:[/quote]

What's your location?

bread's done
Back