FYE: 20% Bonus Trade Ins is Back!!! Extended til 7/27 YMMV

briansraregames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
UPDATE: Many CAGs are reporting that the trade in deal has been extended to the end of July! Be aware that this has not been confirmed and like everything else FYE does, may be very YMMV depending on the competancy of their employees.

Looks like FYE is running their "Brown Bag" trade in deal again.

Basically, anything you trade in (CD,DVD,Game) gets an automatic 20% bump, plus if you elect to get store credit, you get another 25% bump!!! Just be sure that your stuff is in good shape and complete...FYE can be very picky! And also be aware that like any other deal at FYE, this can be YMMV depending on how on the ball the staff is!

According to the brown bags, this promo runs until 7/18/07 so we all have plenty of time to exploit it!

THIS is the bag you need to look for:

UPDATE: Here are some reported trade in values (before bump)

Also, if you guys are looking for trade in values, www.secondspin.com is usually pretty close to what you receive in store.

[XBOX]

Winning Eleven 8 - $5.00
Stacked - $8.00
Nightmare Bf Xmas - $5.00
Tony Hawk A.W. - $4.00
Gun - $5.00
Frogger Ancient Shadow - $5.00
NTRA Breeder's Cup - $5.00
G. Hastings Paintball Maxd - $7.00
Scarface - $10.00

[PS2]

Cabelas Dangerous Hunts - $5.00
IGPX - $16.00
Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses - $7.00
SingStar Rocks Bundle - $21.60
Dirge Cerberus - $8.00
Phantom Brave - $12.00
Tourist Trophy - $12.00

[PSP]

Samurai Warriors - $15.00
Blitz Overtime - $16.00 now $2.00
Y's Ark of Napishtim - $8.00
MTX Mototrax - $7.00
Bust A Move - $12.00
Juiced Eliminator - $4.00
GTA Liberty City - $7.00
Lemmings - $9.00

[XB360]

Viva Pinata - $12.80
DDR Universe - $21.60
Virtua Tennis 3 - $21.60

[PS3]

Untold Legends - $24.00

[DS]

Point Blank - $7.00
Rub rabbits - $8.00
Garfield - $7.00

[quote name='hurley7715']yeah and what kind of cds were u trading in/how much were u gettin for em?[/QUOTE]

I have about 1500 cd's so I loaded up some and took them over. I check prices on Wharehouse.com to see. Rock, EMO, Alternative, Pop, Punk. I got about $5-7 for a lot of them.

[quote name='briansraregames']Quote:Originally Posted by Jgel
OK so I took the dive. Called and found out that my location was giving the extra 45% trade in as well as clearing out all of their Video Game stuff (10% off systems and 30% off everything else). I traded in a bag of DVD's and a bag of CD's. Got $540 in credit.

I got....

XBOX 360 Premium ( it was 10% off) $359.99

Extra 360 Wireless controller 30% off
controller Charge kit 30% off

Rainbow 6 Vegas (used $29.99 + 30% off)
Tomb Raider (new $19.00 + 30% off)
Viva Pinata (New $29.99 + 30% off)
Xbox Live arcade (new $19.99 + 30% off)

Got it all with the credit.
==========================

Also just got ...

Gear of War,
Tiger Woods 07
Condemned
Kameo
Table Tennis

All from Goozex with points I have been saving for when I got a 360. So I guess I have a good starter 360 set up.

THANK YOU ALL OF MAKING ME AWARE OF THIS DEAL

What's your location?[/QUOTE]

Also, it was at the Lebanon Mall they have TONS of stuff still. I am thinking of going back to trade more.

Lebanon Mall? in PA? I came SO close to hitting that mall on the way back from Gettysburg about a month ago with my one friend. She wanted to go to the Gettysburg Village 'outlet' stores, to which I just laughed, since she found next to nothing she wanted.

But hey, I got a free trip outta the area and got to hit up a couple Best Buys I hadn't been to in forever. Plus, I offered some guy trading in Ninja Gaiden Black and Stubbs The Zombie more for them than GS was going to give him in cred, so I got a couple games I really wanted for cheaper than retail. A great trip...but you say the Lebanon Mall is clearing out their games at the FYE?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Lebanon Mall? in PA? I came SO close to hitting that mall on the way back from Gettysburg about a month ago with my one friend. She wanted to go to the Gettysburg Village 'outlet' stores, to which I just laughed, since she found next to nothing she wanted.

But hey, I got a free trip outta the area and got to hit up a couple Best Buys I hadn't been to in forever. Plus, I offered some guy trading in Ninja Gaiden Black and Stubbs The Zombie more for them than GS was going to give him in cred, so I got a couple games I really wanted for cheaper than retail. A great trip...but you say the Lebanon Mall is clearing out their games at the FYE?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I have only been to that mall about 3 times. But after I called I had to go. 10% off all hardware and 30% off everything else. I might go back for some MS points of Live cards. I am up is Scranton 2 times a week so I will see what is up there as well.

[quote name='ronnydobbs']Bezerker

Does the Citrus Park location accept GBA/DS games? I got a bunch that I want to unload.[/quote]
As long as they are complete they accept them.

I'm having a good day so far, found another DDR 360 at circuit city, a complete, scratchless OUtlaw Golf 2 @ EB; and a "Spend $30 and get $120 in RZ certificates" coupon at Best Buy.

For anyone with a transworld store that has a decent anime selection. The Texhnolyze lenticular boxset should be on sale for $49.99. If they have two, you can buy both for $49.99 (Geneon, so its B1G1F) then sell one back for $56.25 store credit and have it equal to them paying you $6 to buy the box, or trade both in for $112.50 - a huge profit from your $49.99 spent).

[quote name='Bezerker']"Spend $30 and get $120 in RZ certificates" coupon at Best Buy.[/quote]
oO Details?

For anyone with a transworld store that has a decent anime selection. The Texhnolyze lenticular boxset should be on sale for $49.99. If they have two, you can buy both for $49.99 (Geneon, so its B1G1F) then sell one back for $56.25 store credit and have it equal to them paying you $6 to buy the box, or trade both in for $112.50 - a huge profit from your $49.99 spent).
Holy fuck. Must get. NOW.

Although I price-scanned it when I was at Strawberries earlier this week and it scanned normal price. It comes up $49.99 at register?

Yea, it should be the price at register, not after total. It should still be on clearance from a few months ago. It worked fine at my Suncoast/FYE; though none have any more Tex boxsets since i bought em all up the last time, lol.

As for the best buy coupon, its a Buy 2 $14.99 or more dvds and get 6,000 rz points (which equals $120). The coupon is located on the back of the RED Movie Gift cards they have around the store (huge thread in the DVd deals section about the coupon).

[quote name='Jgel']Yea, I have only been to that mall about 3 times. But after I called I had to go. 10% off all hardware and 30% off everything else. I might go back for some MS points of Live cards. I am up is Scranton 2 times a week so I will see what is up there as well.[/quote]

Don't worry, I think I'm taking good care of this area. :lol: And, what brings you up this way twice a week? I was down that way typically 2x a week for various auto auctions(one in Mechanicsburg, one in York), though I've been hitting one in Syracuse area for months now instead of the Mechanicsburg one. Although, if you get a chance, check out the Moosic, PA Kmart, since they had some halfway decent clearance items last time I checked there.

I'd clean them out, but I have such a backlog as it is.

I got these values today

Prince of Persia Soundtrack $1
RPG Maker 3 $10
Exit $3
Popocloris $16
Family Guy Movie $4 (this is free at best buy with coupon)

I went to the citrus park FYE and was able to trade stuff in... but I only got the 20% bonus.

Berzerker, how did you get the 50% bonus????

[quote name='wil919']I went to the citrus park FYE and was able to trade stuff in... but I only got the 20% bonus.

Berzerker, how did you get the 50% bonus????[/quote]

There is an extra 25% for taking store credit so that equals out to 45%, however they just gave him 50% because it was easier to calculate for them.

I've been amassing huge credit with this on my way to a PS3 — and getting 45% every time.

Except for yesterday, when I went to a location that only took DVDs. They only ended up accepting one of mine — the movie "Click." It rang up for $1. The girl told me after bonuses, it would be $1.80. I took it. Out of principle. :)

Brought an armload of games in to a new FYE in our area that used to be a Wherehouse. The manager wouldn't give me the extra 25%, said "No special like that in my store." So my trades really didn't get me much, which wasn't that bad in itself but they had the worst selection of games I've ever seen. Looked around for over an hour, barely spent $50.

The games I bought to flip made me $10 a piece, but getting cash would have broke me even, so I'm glad it was only two.

Can I use my FYE giftcard at Suncoast? I really never plan to go back to that FYE if I don't have to.

[quote name='boognishd']
Can I use my FYE giftcard at Suncoast? I really never plan to go back to that FYE if I don't have to.[/quote]

Yeah. The Giftcards are good at all Transworld stores - Wherehouse, FYE, Strawberries, Coconuts, Suncoast, Secondspin.

The giftcards also work on the respective websites, including secondspin.com. FYE.com has some damn good deals on used Blu Ray/HD-DVD (tons for $11.99-$15.99). They add tax, but shipping is free after $25. Using credit makes it seem like a lot less damage as well.

I've got some good news and some bad news. The good news; DDR 360 is still worth $21.60 before the bonus. The bad news, Outlaw Golf 2 XBX has dropped from $12 to $1 >

[quote name='Bezerker']The giftcards also work on the respective websites, including secondspin.com. FYE.com has some damn good deals on used Blu Ray/HD-DVD (tons for $11.99-$15.99). They add tax, but shipping is free after $25. Using credit makes it seem like a lot less damage as well.

I've got some good news and some bad news. The good news; DDR 360 is still worth $21.60 before the bonus. The bad news, Outlaw Golf 2 XBX has dropped from $12 to $1 >

I called my local store here in Bradenton and they guy said they are not taking in games but they will take DVD's and Cd's so I guess I will load up some discs I no longer want and head on down there this weekend.

He said that If I wanted store Credit instead of the card he would give me an addition 25% off so it should be pretty sweet.

I had luck trading in an Outlaw Golf 2 with the bad UPC today. You have to do it a certain way. Here's what I did:

I went into FYE and asked how much OG2 was worth, and he looked up the price and said $12. So I went to GS and found one, but it was the one with the bad UPC. I bought it anyway for $5.40, then returned to FYE. I had a good idea. There was a different clerk there, and I walked up and asked again how much OG2 was worth, and he looked it up and said $12. Then I gave him mine and when it rang up for $1, he said "wait, that's not right," and adjusted it to $12.

It was funny because he even said "It must be a mistake, unless they made two different OG2's."

hmm, IIRC Ape Escape 3 should still be $4 at Kmart. So a 350% markup. Not too shabby if you can find a few copies.

Odama is $12 at Kmart ($4.98-$9.98 @ TRU if you're lucky) - worth $21.75 after bonus

has FYE been marking down 15% of the price that's quoted by wherehouse.com again? I noticed they did that last time to me. 15% less value and no extra 25% for in-store credit. I was totally shafted :\

A lot of what I want to trade in are only like $1-3 already before all that...

[quote name='imascrub']has FYE been marking down 15% of the price that's quoted by wherehouse.com again? I noticed they did that last time to me. 15% less value and no extra 25% for in-store credit. I was totally shafted :\

A lot of what I want to trade in are only like $1-3 already before all that...[/quote]

www.secondspin.com is much more accurate than wherehouse.com these days.

[quote name='imascrub']has FYE been marking down 15% of the price that's quoted by wherehouse.com again? I noticed they did that last time to me. 15% less value and no extra 25% for in-store credit. I was totally shafted :\

A lot of what I want to trade in are only like $1-3 already before all that...[/QUOTE]

Honestly, it depends on the store. I used to frequent six different fye stores a couple of years and the prices would vary sometimes from each one. It mostly happened around the time when fye started offering more for store credit than cash.

lol, just went to trade in some more, and got blacklisted. It was my stupidity and my dumb luck too - should've waited longer before bringing in Bust-a-Move and DDRU, and ran into the same guy who did my first trade earlier. Gave me the benefit of the doubt, but now I have to provide receipts... I'm not trading into TRSI anymore. :D Whatever. I'll live.

Prices:
XBox Half-Life 2: $5.00
XBox King of Fighters 02/03: $6.00
X360 DDRU: $21.50
PSP Popolocrois: $16.00
PSP Bust-A-Move: $12.00

Grand total: $90.75, although I felt like an ass afterwards.

Puzzle Challenge didn't scan in, so I'll guess I'll try it out.

LOL I'm surprised I wasn't blacklisted with my almost constant flipping of Powerdrome Racing for PS2(back when it was worth $14.50 or so in credit @ FYE and selling for $1.99 used from GS).

I must've traded in some 12-14 copies of it to them within 2 months. Mind you, never 2 copies at the same store within days, but close enough.

I think the reason some are finding different trade values for games now is that the stores they're hitting must be saturated with those games, as that is the only time the trade value usually drops.

Ive traded in 3 of the same game in at a time. I guess the people at my location just dont care.

I had a great time selling a game today, this one guy who's an assistant manager was working. I've had problems with him in the past (he tried telling me that the bonus 25% for credit would be added on by corporate if i didnt spend any of the credit on the card - what a load of bullshit). Well, needless to say he wasnt offering the 50% bonus. Two other employees (that i've traded with) were behind him. I called them over and they corrected him. The asst manager had kind of an irritated look, and after i got my credit, i said to the two other employees,"You guys should have his job"; I looked at the asst manager, turned around, and walked away.

God his look was priceless.

[quote name='Bezerker']Ive traded in 3 of the same game in at a time. I guess the people at my location just dont care.

I had a great time selling a game today, this one guy who's an assistant manager was working. I've had problems with him in the past (he tried telling me that the bonus 25% for credit would be added on by corporate if i didnt spend any of the credit on the card - what a load of bullshit). Well, needless to say he wasnt offering the 50% bonus. Two other employees (that i've traded with) were behind him. I called them over and they corrected him. The asst manager had kind of an irritated look, and after i got my credit, i said to the two other employees,"You guys should have his job"; I looked at the asst manager, turned around, and walked away.

God his look was priceless.[/quote]

I bet you made the rest of their day pure hell.

[quote name='Bezerker']Ive traded in 3 of the same game in at a time. I guess the people at my location just dont care.

God his look was priceless.[/QUOTE]

Which location? Tyrone? If so, which guy was it?

Damn.. went today to get some details, and my FYE doesn't sell games anymore. I asked an employee if they still took games, but no dice.

[quote name='lyric706']Which location? Tyrone? If so, which guy was it?[/quote]

Citurs Park, i've never been to the tyrone mall. Tomorrow i think im gonna checkout the Countryside mall as they usually have a decent selection.

well today was a much smoother experience than last time. All of the stuff I traded in was the same value as indicated by wherehouse.com, except for one of my cds, which turned out to be $2 less. I only got 45% extra instead of what I think should be 50% (calculated 25% first, then 20% on top of that), but hey I guess I won't sweat a few bucks.

I had a pretty nasty guy. asked for the 20% extra, he says no. I said what you mean no. He says it must be store credit. i say duh dumbass. He does not take my red steel, but he does take four others for a total of 85 bucks. I then take it to gamestop with an avatar for paper mario.

Thanks OP

ive made about 300 in credit im tryin to get some more so i can get a premium 360 wiht a warranty

timesplitters for ps2 , they only give one penny for it ive already tried that one, dont listen to wherehouse.com on that price

Hey Berzerker! I'm from the DVDtalk forums and wanted to thank you for the trade in idea. I took in some old anime dvds fom Big Lots and got a second PS2 for the bedroom. ^^ I'm going back in a couple a days for a memory card. Thanks again. :applause:

All right, so, with $532.24 in credit from trade ins, I decide I'm ready to cash in for a PS3; so I call up my local Wherehouse (which is now an FYE, as apparenlt every single transworld store will become, except for Suncoast) and ask if they have the PS3 in stock. The cahsier confirms, but then tells me it has to be purchased in a bundle with either a game or a controller, PLUS you also get a mail in rebate of $50! :hot: So I ask her just out of curiosity how much the games where and she said they were priced anywhere from $45 to $60, as apparently used games are eligible for the bundle! :hot: I didn't buy it yet, as I don't want to pay that much out of pocket, so I went to my local CC and saw 2 DDRs behind the glass door, I asked a guy to scan them for a price check and he confirmed they were $16.96. I said I would take them and as he was ringing me up I asked if they had any VT3 in the back and he said they did! So, I bought two more of those! Anywho, I flipped a DDR and a Popo Locrois from GS ($10) for 56.40 in credit. I'm going to flip the others at the wherehouse by my job! :cool:

A $50 rebate and the 5 free Blu Ray deal and Suncoast's 10% off Blu Ray Discs with a receipt for a Blu Ray player = win!

Does anyone know how much FYE gives for Advent Rising? They refused to give me trade in value over the phone, and Wherestock doesn't have a price amount listed.

Hmm...looks like I might trade in a couple of the games I picked up for $2 at the K-Mart clearance and some other games I know I'll never get around to playing. Maybe pick up some of those 360 CC clearance games...hmmm...but knowing my luck they wouldn't do the 45% bump around here. Every time I go into an FYE they always have an attitude problem.

[quote name='Ed_']All right, so, with $532.24 in credit from trade ins[/quote]
Wow, thats a lot of credit. I'd probably have somewhere around that racked up if i didnt have to work 7am-7pm.

Back in my unemployed days and the Circuit City -> Gamerush & Toys R US -> Gamerush flips, i used to come out with around $300 per trip (times 4 trips). It sucks having only 2 hours Mon-Fri to hunt for trade fodder. But, i guess its better to have a job as main cash flow and trades as supplementary than the other way around.

[quote name='Ed_']
A $50 rebate and the 5 free Blu Ray deal and Suncoast's 10% off Blu Ray Discs with a receipt for a Blu Ray player = win![/quote]

Wow, that's cool. Oh, I forgot about the rebate. Yeah, there's a $30 mail dollar rebate on the slimline PS2 as well. I heard FYE rebates are kinda iffy so I hope it goes through. Just mailed mine off today.

i hear ya. i wish i had more time to trade stuff in, but most of the credit is from old CDs that i bought for 7 bucks, burned to my hard drive and sold for 5 plus the 45% =]

I ran out of time to trade in stuff too. I'll have to again Tuesday. Wish I'd seen the Popo Locrois GS deal or VT3 and DDR sale at CC earlier. That would been nice. XD

bread's done
Back