FYE: 20% Bonus Trade Ins is Back!!! Extended til 7/27 YMMV

briansraregames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
UPDATE: Many CAGs are reporting that the trade in deal has been extended to the end of July! Be aware that this has not been confirmed and like everything else FYE does, may be very YMMV depending on the competancy of their employees.

Looks like FYE is running their "Brown Bag" trade in deal again.

Basically, anything you trade in (CD,DVD,Game) gets an automatic 20% bump, plus if you elect to get store credit, you get another 25% bump!!! Just be sure that your stuff is in good shape and complete...FYE can be very picky! And also be aware that like any other deal at FYE, this can be YMMV depending on how on the ball the staff is!

According to the brown bags, this promo runs until 7/18/07 so we all have plenty of time to exploit it!

THIS is the bag you need to look for:

UPDATE: Here are some reported trade in values (before bump)

Also, if you guys are looking for trade in values, www.secondspin.com is usually pretty close to what you receive in store.

[XBOX]

Winning Eleven 8 - $5.00
Stacked - $8.00
Nightmare Bf Xmas - $5.00
Tony Hawk A.W. - $4.00
Gun - $5.00
Frogger Ancient Shadow - $5.00
NTRA Breeder's Cup - $5.00
G. Hastings Paintball Maxd - $7.00
Scarface - $10.00

[PS2]

Cabelas Dangerous Hunts - $5.00
IGPX - $16.00
Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses - $7.00
SingStar Rocks Bundle - $21.60
Dirge Cerberus - $8.00
Phantom Brave - $12.00
Tourist Trophy - $12.00

[PSP]

Samurai Warriors - $15.00
Blitz Overtime - $16.00 now $2.00
Y's Ark of Napishtim - $8.00
MTX Mototrax - $7.00
Bust A Move - $12.00
Juiced Eliminator - $4.00
GTA Liberty City - $7.00
Lemmings - $9.00

[XB360]

Viva Pinata - $12.80
DDR Universe - $21.60
Virtua Tennis 3 - $21.60

[PS3]

Untold Legends - $24.00

[DS]

Point Blank - $7.00
Rub rabbits - $8.00
Garfield - $7.00

With the 4th coming up, I'm hoping Big Lots will get more dvds in and I really hope FYE will have an online coupon. I want Rogue Galaxy but can't bring myself to pay MSRP for it. Even if it mostly store credit . :p Guess I'll get another memory card instead.

Thinking of trading in some of my older dvds and cds, first time trading in with FYE, some questions. Will I need to fill out forms, picture ID, etc? How will I be issued store credit, I've heard of gc, but it doesnt sound like you'll always get one. I heard GBA games can be traded in complete, but what about a smooshed box? Anything else I need to know?

What's the Big Lots anime DVD trade in to FYE deal? I've been looking to take advantage of this, but my Kmart's are cleared out.

All I needed to trade in at FYE was my driver's liscence. They ask name, address and phone no.

The Big Lots deal is just they get anime dvds in and you just trade them in to FYE or Suncoast.They recently got some after not having any for a while. Family Dollar also has them occasionally too, but I haven't seen any around here since Jan.

BTW for those trading in, I had Mars Daybreak 3 and two FYEs here wouldn't take it. It didn't show up in the system. No biggie for me, I'll just rent the first one and see if I like the show.

[quote name='radicaldeth']All I needed to trade in at FYE was my driver's liscence. They ask name, address and phone no.

The Big Lots deal is just they get anime dvds in and you just trade them in to FYE or Suncoast.They recently got some after not having any for a while. Family Dollar also has them occasionally too, but I haven't seen any around here since Jan.

BTW for those trading in, I had Mars Daybreak 3 and two FYEs here wouldn't take it. It didn't show up in the system. No biggie for me, I'll just rent the first one and see if I like the show.[/QUOTE]

Any particular animes that you recommend for their good flip value?

Crap, I can't find my receipt! Gotta find that, it was a good reference. I do remember Zentrix vol 1, Sc-ry-ed 2 and 3 and Hoop Days 1 were worth more. There was also some dvds from the last time Big Lots had some. Stuff like Witch Hunter Robin and Big O, but I don't remember what the prices were.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Does anyone know how much FYE gives for Advent Rising? They refused to give me trade in value over the phone, and Wherestock doesn't have a price amount listed.[/quote]

FYE doesn't accept Advent Rising. Also, don't use wherehouse.com to get quotes, use www.secondspin.com. They are much more accurate. Secondspin is also a Trans World company.

I just called up the only store in town and they said they do the %20 extra but they have no bags. Hey, all the more easy for me. I'll be going down there later to trade in some junk and maybe get a copy of GH2 for the 360. Woot!

Has anyone had problems with trading in multiple games? I mean it'd be pretty weird bringing 10 Dance Dance Revolutions in.

[quote name='Crazydom']Has anyone had problems with trading in multiple games? I mean it'd be pretty weird bringing 10 Dance Dance Revolutions in.[/quote]

Got blacklisted by bringing in 2 DDRs and 2 Bust-a-Moves within a week of each other at the same place, running into the same guy.

But then again, the guy who rang me up both times... I could've sworn he said "I love this job." the first time when talking to another employee.

[quote name='Crazydom']Has anyone had problems with trading in multiple games? I mean it'd be pretty weird bringing 10 Dance Dance Revolutions in.[/quote]
The girl that took mystuff said only 1 of the same game per day.

[quote name='EXStrike']Got blacklisted by bringing in 2 DDRs and 2 Bust-a-Moves within a week of each other at the same place, running into the same guy.

But then again, the guy who rang me up both times... I could've sworn he said "I love this job." the first time when talking to another employee.[/quote]

Yeah I figure it depends on the employee you get. I'll try 2 at once with some other games and dvds and see.

[quote name='EXStrike']Got blacklisted by bringing in 2 DDRs and 2 Bust-a-Moves within a week of each other at the same place, running into the same guy.

But then again, the guy who rang me up both times... I could've sworn he said "I love this job." the first time when talking to another employee.[/QUOTE]

That guy was asking me about Popolocrois since he said he's seeing them traded in lately. Seriously, it's just that guy, Jake, he really does love his job processing trade ins and gets strict about it. Sometimes it works in my favor though: He often takes in complete anime box sets but only scans them in as starter sets (and thus they are much cheaper).

btw: Puzzle Challenge probably didn't scan because you had the Best Buy upc still over it.

I did trade in Popolocrois on Saturday, so maybe that's why he's wondering about it.

About Puzzle Challenge - I took off all of shrinkwrap and the only UPC that's on there is the one on the insert.

crazy....

bought DDR at CC for 16.96 (will get refund sunday when goes 25% off, so cost around $13.00....

traded to FYE for $31 + change....

bought RE4 for Wii...checkout girl had a $2 off any game 29.99 or up so bought it with the store credit for $30 + change.....

she gave me around a dollar in cash for the difference, and get a $10 mail in rebate?

when all is said and done will wind up paying about $2 for RE4 Wii Edition...crazy man....

I traded in two DDRs; two different employees.:cool: I asked this second dude about the $50 rebate on the PS3 that the other employee told me about and he said he had neevr heard of it. :bomb: He said that they were running a promo for a $60 rebate on the PSPs but they sold out on those a while ago. I may have to try another employee and see what develops. Got some more CDs I found in my closet, so I will trade those in and cash in for my PS3. :cool:

So basically, if I want to take advantage of this sale, I need to hustle to Circuit City and buy:

DDR: Universe (X360)
Virtua Tennis 3* (X360)
Bust-A-Move (PSP)

Then drive over to FYE, ask about the brown bag for the 20% increase, say that I want store credit for another 25%, and I'm set? Sounds good to me. :)

*: I wanted a copy of VT3 to keep anyhow, so I'm basically breaking even if I buy 2 copies.

Just finished my one-and-one-half weeks of trading craziness. Racked up about $700 and got myself a PS3, Resistance and the Blu-Ray remote. Also got a free Blu-Ray movie with purchase of a PS3 (picked Big Fish) and a $50 rebate through FYE. Problem now is: I want to do the 5 free Blu-Rays promotion, but both that and the $50 rebate require the ORIGINAL UPC. Anyone know how strict that is? Obviously, I only have one.

[quote name='imascrub']any good stuff you flipped? Let me know ;)[/QUOTE]

I used DDR and VT3 as my flip material. I was lucky enough to find a bunch of both at two different CCs in my area. Other than that, i unloaded a ton of DVDs, TV Box Sets, CDs and older games I didn't want anymore. Some of my TV Box Sets date back to that price error a few years ago at Target when about 20 different Box Sets were ringing up $5.99 each. Those fetched about $15 each at FYE, so the profit was nice.

[quote name='soonerdoc']crazy....

bought DDR at CC for 16.96 (will get refund sunday when goes 25% off, so cost around $13.00....
[/quote]

Huh? Could you elaborate on that. How far back can you get a refund if price changes at cc?

Some price confirmations for today (all prices before bonus):

DDR & VT3 360 - $21.60
Bust a Move PSP - $12

I hit the jackpot in stores today. Took a trip to the Brandon Mall. Circuit City had shitloads of DDR, VT3 & Bust a Move. The FYE let me trade in 3 of each game at a time. They also had the Oldboy Special Edition (which ive been dying to find) and they also had the Warriors on HDDVD & BluRay for $22.99 each (i picked up the BR version).

Also found some Lumines & Phoenix Wrights @ TRU so it was a great day alltogether.

[quote name='lyric706']Just finished my one-and-one-half weeks of trading craziness. Racked up about $700 and got myself a PS3, Resistance and the Blu-Ray remote. Also got a free Blu-Ray movie with purchase of a PS3 (picked Big Fish) and a $50 rebate through FYE. Problem now is: I want to do the 5 free Blu-Rays promotion, but both that and the $50 rebate require the ORIGINAL UPC. Anyone know how strict that is? Obviously, I only have one.[/quote]

If you have a very heavy(read: almost like cardboard type stock)card stock type printer paper, you could try scanning the original UPC, then printing up a copy of the UPC on that stock, then take something rough to the underside of the printed UPCs, to make it look as if you ripped the UPC off the box.

Mind you, that's a bit shady of an idea, but I never said I had a good set of morals, now did I? Plus, I'm one of the AR people who HATE that you usually need an original UPC to do any offers.

Or, best idea yet, just scan the box where the UPC is and then print up TWO copies, thus leaving your box intact. Just make sure that the stock you use is the same color as the part of the box with the UPC.

Ya can also try doing the same with the receipt(which I'm sure both promotions will want the original), just do it with super thin paper.

i went to fye today, stupid place they dont do buy used games today. they posted at the door and said it resumes on thursday. i didnt really see it. i think the cute girl got pissed off or something. i told her i wanna do trade ins and she said we dont do that and its posted at the door. blah blah blah. i asked her if she know when the rebate for RE4 gonna end and she was like "no, i do not". she sounded like a bitch. she probably hungry. cause the food just came in like 30 mins ago. 3PM to be exact.

[quote name='lyric706']Just finished my one-and-one-half weeks of trading craziness. Racked up about $700 and got myself a PS3, Resistance and the Blu-Ray remote. Also got a free Blu-Ray movie with purchase of a PS3 (picked Big Fish) and a $50 rebate through FYE. Problem now is: I want to do the 5 free Blu-Rays promotion, but both that and the $50 rebate require the ORIGINAL UPC. Anyone know how strict that is? Obviously, I only have one.[/quote]
Oh yea, i forgot to mention. For FYE rebates, you can use the FYE UPC barcode that they put on the system (assuming they put one on it). Same goes for the mail in rebates on games.

As for the Resident Evil 4 rebate, today's the last day for it. I bought it not even knowing about the rebate, so all in all i paid less than $15 for it and i get another $10 back in a few months (assuming FYE rebates arent as bad as they used to be).

For all of you looking to get 300. FYE.com has some decent pre-order deals on (especially decent with store credit, lol). They have the normal edition for $12.99, 2 disc edition for $14.99, Blu-Ray version for $17.99 & the HD-DVD version for $22.99 after $7 mail in rebate.

Even without the $7 rebate, $24.99 credit for the Blu-Ray version is a pretty good deal if you dont wanna take the $15 GCO route @ Buy.com. Tomorrow ill go see if this deal is going on B&M..

Well i traded in a mess of Eragon and DD revolution for the 360. fye was running a deal for the past few weeks on Helio Heat phones where you spent 50 dollars for one and got a 50 dollar gift card in return. I went every 2 or 3 days got 2 of them sold them on ebay for 54.00 dollars and got it back on the gift cards. I went yesterday to pick up 2 more phones and found out i am on the watch list and he would have to get manager approval because I have been buying so many phones and trading in multiple copies of the same game.

[quote name='lyric706']I used DDR and VT3 as my flip material. I was lucky enough to find a bunch of both at two different CCs in my area. Other than that, i unloaded a ton of DVDs, TV Box Sets, CDs and older games I didn't want anymore. Some of my TV Box Sets date back to that price error a few years ago at Target when about 20 different Box Sets were ringing up $5.99 each. Those fetched about $15 each at FYE, so the profit was nice.[/quote]

aw...i mentioned earlier that the circuit city near me were fresh out of ddr's and vt3's :cry:

oh well..i don't need to spend any more money right now. Not much coming out in the near future that I wanna get from FYE anyway lol

[quote name='averageguy']Well i traded in a mess of Eragon and DD revolution for the 360. fye was running a deal for the past few weeks on Helio Heat phones where you spent 50 dollars for one and got a 50 dollar gift card in return. I went every 2 or 3 days got 2 of them sold them on ebay for 54.00 dollars and got it back on the gift cards. I went yesterday to pick up 2 more phones and found out i am on the watch list and he would have to get manager approval because I have been buying so many phones and trading in multiple copies of the same game.[/quote]

Is it msrp $50 for the helio or on sale? Why are people paying more on ebay if it costs less in store lol. Hard to find?

[quote name='imascrub']Is it msrp $50 for the helio or on sale? Why are people paying more on ebay if it costs less in store lol. Hard to find?[/QUOTE]

The Msrp on the helio is 250.00 I bought it for 50.00 and got a 50 dollar gift card back. I lose about 5-8 dollars per phone but got 300 dollars in gift cards back.

I'm up to $90 credit right now. Here's what I did so far:

Popolocroix x3 - paid $20 for 2 @GS and had one, total w/45% = $69.60 ($23.20ea)
NFL Street 2 - $11.25
GTA:LCS - $10

I'm going to try and hit CC today and look for DDR & VT3. Also, I'll hit BB and look for Puzzle challenge for $10, $5 after GamePro coupon. That one gets $17.50 supposedly. That's 350% profit on that one gents.

i gotta get some popo's and flip them, i wish next week would finally come to see if the 360 or ps3 get price cuts, then that will determine if im going to flip more or not

if not , theres only so much credit i need to buy games

does anyone know how many digits is the pin number for gift cards? i lost my card but i still have the gift card numbers on the receipt.

[quote name='trunks982']does anyone know how many digits is the pin number for gift cards? i lost my card but i still have the gift card numbers on the receipt.[/quote]
8 digits. good luck

damn my fye didn't have the bags, looks like i'll check the one up at the mall tomorrow when i deposit my check. i wonder if i can find a place with the psp rebate still active..

Holy shit guys, you will not believe this Helio deal.

Basically, from what the email that corporate sent out says, you can use the $50 gift card on the $50 Helio Heat phone, basically meaning you get the phone for free, no strings attached (obviously there is no plan and the phone isnt activated).

The phone averages on ebay for $45-70; so basically youre getting a free phone to do whatever you want. The guy even let me "buy" 3 of them, just had to ring them up seperately. I feel kinda bad hoarding the phone from anyone who may really want one, but hey, they can always get one on ebay ;-).

If you get a PS3 with the store credit will FYE pricematch within 30 days if the $500 thing is for everywhere?

That's what I'm wondering, too. But I'd rather hold off and wait. In the meantime, I'm going to pre order 300 from them :cool:

bread's done
Back