FYE: 20% Bonus Trade Ins is Back!!! Extended til 7/27 YMMV

briansraregames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
UPDATE: Many CAGs are reporting that the trade in deal has been extended to the end of July! Be aware that this has not been confirmed and like everything else FYE does, may be very YMMV depending on the competancy of their employees.

Looks like FYE is running their "Brown Bag" trade in deal again.

Basically, anything you trade in (CD,DVD,Game) gets an automatic 20% bump, plus if you elect to get store credit, you get another 25% bump!!! Just be sure that your stuff is in good shape and complete...FYE can be very picky! And also be aware that like any other deal at FYE, this can be YMMV depending on how on the ball the staff is!

According to the brown bags, this promo runs until 7/18/07 so we all have plenty of time to exploit it!

THIS is the bag you need to look for:

UPDATE: Here are some reported trade in values (before bump)

Also, if you guys are looking for trade in values, www.secondspin.com is usually pretty close to what you receive in store.

[XBOX]

Winning Eleven 8 - $5.00
Stacked - $8.00
Nightmare Bf Xmas - $5.00
Tony Hawk A.W. - $4.00
Gun - $5.00
Frogger Ancient Shadow - $5.00
NTRA Breeder's Cup - $5.00
G. Hastings Paintball Maxd - $7.00
Scarface - $10.00

[PS2]

Cabelas Dangerous Hunts - $5.00
IGPX - $16.00
Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses - $7.00
SingStar Rocks Bundle - $21.60
Dirge Cerberus - $8.00
Phantom Brave - $12.00
Tourist Trophy - $12.00

[PSP]

Samurai Warriors - $15.00
Blitz Overtime - $16.00 now $2.00
Y's Ark of Napishtim - $8.00
MTX Mototrax - $7.00
Bust A Move - $12.00
Juiced Eliminator - $4.00
GTA Liberty City - $7.00
Lemmings - $9.00

[XB360]

Viva Pinata - $12.80
DDR Universe - $21.60
Virtua Tennis 3 - $21.60

[PS3]

Untold Legends - $24.00

[DS]

Point Blank - $7.00
Rub rabbits - $8.00
Garfield - $7.00

The two GS close to me have multiple copies of EA. I'm going to buy 3 and flip them. fuck paying $10 out of my own pocket for a PS3 and 300 Blu-Ray :cool:

Does Fye have good trade in prices on old sports games...cause i have some old maddens for ps2 and nba lives. Does anyone have any trade in values they remember?

I swear this is the most half assed promotion ever. Some stores let me trade in with a bag, some don't. Some never got a bag. One store only does trade ins from 10am-5pm (wtf?)

Hmm...I gotta check out the two FYE's near me to see if they're running this promotion. I'm looking to pick up a cheap PS2...and with a few games and a ton of DVDs to trade in...I could get my PS2, mem card and a game, for free.

Does FYE take multiple copies of a game to trade in at once? I'm thinking of picking up Enchanted Arms to add to my trade-list.

[quote name='seanr1221']I swear this is the most half assed promotion ever. Some stores let me trade in with a bag, some don't. Some never got a bag. One store only does trade ins from 10am-5pm (wtf?)[/QUOTE]

Probably the work hours there of the only guy who knows wtf is going on. I'd say the manager, but hell, we know that's not always the case.

[quote name='seanr1221']I swear this is the most half assed promotion ever. Some stores let me trade in with a bag, some don't. Some never got a bag. One store only does trade ins from 10am-5pm (wtf?)[/quote]

Same here.

What I did was get a couple bags from one FYE and pay a visit to the other one with the bag. It took two employees and them talking with a manager = 10 minutes, then they finally honored the extra 20%

I find it weird that not all FYE's get the bags and do the promotion :/

[quote name='FatoonsBaby710']Does Fye have good trade in prices on old sports games...cause i have some old maddens for ps2 and nba lives. Does anyone have any trade in values they remember?[/quote]
Check secondspin.com for trade in values

[quote name='superdry']Does FYE take multiple copies of a game to trade in at once? I'm thinking of picking up Enchanted Arms to add to my trade-list.[/quote]
It varies on the person, one girl at the CP location says 'one at a time', another person says 'two', and another guy let me trade in 3 of the same game at a time.

[quote name='monkeydeew']only problem ive had is getting 1$ for outlaw golf 2...[/quote]
Theres actually 2 different versions of the game with two different UPC codes. The one that is $1 is the one that ends in 4772 i think. The one that gets $12 + bonus is 07671452974.

Damn. Nice one on EA. Between that and DDR/VT3 for $17 @CC you can double your money several times over. Now, if we can just find a $5 off coupon for BB to get PQ for $5, gets $17, this would be legend......

Hey Berzerker, what are some of the best flips right now? Also do you know what the good flips are for the anime at Big Lots?

Just flipped my 1st copy of EA and preordered 300 Blu Ray. It showed up as 34.99, but the dude said it's likely to drop, if it doesn't, I'll cancel my pre order.

BTW my FYE is still doing the $50 gc with purchase of any Helio phone, however they are sold out of cheap ones, they only have 4 that are $100.50 =(

jmmmmmmmm i flipped ea at both of my fye's in the last 2 days but im kinda scrrred of doing it again. im also sccrrred of waiting tooo long b/c u know the price will drop any second now ala eragon. what to do what to do.... i know the bag says quantities not limited but just in case tehre is another sweet deal i dont want to be blacklisted...

If you wanna flip Enchanted Arms, do that shit now while the value is high. Don't worry about getting blacklisted, when you trade in anything to fye after a long period of time some employee will eventually try to put a stop to you.

The only time FYE is good is when they have a decent price for the games you can get from GS or Kmart for $2-3 each, though you really do have to check the GS games before trying to trade, since some of theirs look like ass.

I'm SO tempted to flip a copy or two of DDR to them, but the cheapass in me says 'there has to be a place to get it cheaper than $17'. Same with Enchanted Arms, since I'm too cheapass to pay $20 for a game, JUST to flip it less than 20 minutes later. $10 and I'd have less of a problem, but I'd still groan, specially if the game had dropped in value.

Dammit, I miss the days of Powerdrome for PS2 getting $14.50, when I bought it from GS for $2-4.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']If you wanna flip Enchanted Arms, do that shit now while the value is high. Don't worry about getting blacklisted, when you trade in anything to fye after a long period of time some employee will eventually try to put a stop to you.[/quote]

ok i am just gonna stop being such a pussykat

Traded in 2 EAs today, and it seems like the price has indeed dropped. I got $21.74 apiece after the 20% bonus. I just did cash back not store credit, so it is still a bit of a profit, but not enough to really matter.

So you get the trade in price + 20% if you want the store credit. Then if you snag one of those bags, you get an EXTRA 25% on top? Does the bag literally have to be full?

I'm kinda mad cuz I traded in a few games today, and then I saw the bags on the counter on the way out. I pulled a stupid consumer move >_< Still haven't become accustomed to the CAG way of life yet XD

Ummmm Lemmiwinks, without taking store credit, that immediately DROPS 25% off of what you could've had, which is why it probably seemed like it dropped to you.

And wait a second, I thought Enchanted Arms was $19.99(plus tax) to begin with at GS?? SO, if for nothing, it seems like you broke even, but that was about it.
[quote name='GauntletPython']So you get the trade in price + 20% if you want the store credit. Then if you snag one of those bags, you get an EXTRA 25% on top? Does the bag literally have to be full?[/quote]

Actually, you get the 25% on top of the base trade price for taking credit, while I think the BAG is what gives the extra 20% in credit.

[quote name='Lemmiwinks531']Traded in 2 EAs today, and it seems like the price has indeed dropped. I got $21.74 apiece after the 20% bonus. I just did cash back not store credit, so it is still a bit of a profit, but not enough to really matter.[/quote]
What was the base value?

Actually, Enchanted Arms was on of the games I traded in - Today, as in about 2 hours ago, I was offered $26 cash, $33 store credit. I bought it from EB used for $17.99. Really wish I had used the bag now.

I flipped my last two copies of EA and last one of DDR. the dude at the register made a mistake as he game me 90 for one EA and a DDR. 75% bonus combined it said on the receipt. I had my friend flip my last copy of EA and he only got the 45% bump, still worth it, though. =)

Hey, could someone maybe scan the side of the bag and post it? My Sam Goody didn't get bags in the first place and said they'd take a photocopy. Any help?

in [quote name='Ed_']I flipped my last two copies of EA and last one of DDR. the dude at the register made a mistake as he game me 90 for one EA and a DDR. 75% bonus combined it said on the receipt. I had my friend flip my last copy of EA and he only got the 45% bump, still worth it, though. =)[/quote]

Are they paying big for DDR? What version?

I had a different person at the register today. EA traded in for the 26.50 or whatever pre bump. But this guy wouldnt let me get the extra 20% cash! I had been to the store 4 other times and was able to but he had some weird explanationa for his interpretation of the deal... I didnt feel like arguing so I just took what he gave me.I hate how whoever is takeing in trades just makes up there own rules.

Ummmm again, usually the extra %'s are if you're taking trade CREDIT, NOT cash. I know that I just got the straight base trade price on Geist and a few Powerdromes about 3 months ago, for a total of around $20-23.50 since I didn't take credit.

Mind you, most of their prices are still WAYYYYYYYY better than GS EVER would be, but some of their promos are utter crap like GS too. For example, they had a trade 2(or was it 3?) and get one new game, but till I traded them in, they didn't tell me that the amount of the free game was limited to $40 and that I couldn't just pick a $50 game and pay the extra $10.

So yeah, sometimes they have loopholes in their deals that work one way or the other, either to our favor or to the stores, just have to be careful as to which way the deal works.

I went to FYE near me today to trade a few things. I get the bag, but the clerk then tells me that he's not taking anymore trade-ins for now since the store got swamped. He tells me to come back next week.

Ugh...hopefully the trade-in price for EA doesn't drop soon (and even if it does...oh well, stuff happens).

As Berzerker said in the first page, the full 45% is YMMV with FYE stores. Still...20% extra is not too horrible.

Also...not a crazy deal, but KOF2006 for PS2 trades in for $15 (pre-bump according to secondspin.com) and GS sells them for $14.99 new. A few extra bucks there.

Woo! I bought a PS3 and Resistance... with my store credit. Still have $66 dollars left over! God bless you CAG! Thanks op for posting this also! :cool:

[quote name='Ed_']Woo! I bought a PS3 and Resistance... with my store credit. Still have $66 dollars left over! God bless you CAG! Thanks op for posting this also! :cool:[/quote]You know PS3 will drop $100 to $499 a week later, don't you?

[quote name='chior']You know PS3 will drop $100 to $499 a week later, don't you?[/quote]

Actually, I think they were saying a price drop may happen SOON, like the end of July or be announced during E3. I know it was something like that, but it's still too much for me at this point, even with a $100 price drop.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, I think they were saying a price drop may happen SOON, like the end of July or be announced during E3. I know it was something like that, but it's still too much for me at this point, even with a $100 price drop.[/quote]Rumor has the drop starting from 7/12. I think somebody posted a CC ad scan with the $499 price for that week.

Got a call from my friend that works at FYE, apparently they got some more of the free helio phones in, definately gonna snag some. I was able to find 2 Enchanted Arms. I'm keeping one for myself, and trading the other. Hopefully the $26.50 pre-bump keeps up.

As a friendly "bump" of the terms of the deal. The way all transworld stores should be running it is either a bonus 20% if you select cash or a bonus 45% credit. Ive traded at 4 different stores, for whatever reason, two did it as 50% credit, two did it as 40%. Its basically a crapshoot on getting a competent employee.

[quote name='chior']You know PS3 will drop $100 to $499 a week later, don't you?[/quote]

Yeah, so I'll just get a price adjustment from them then.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I can't help but laugh at my luck. I unpck my PS3 and pop Resistance in...and what happens? NOTHING!:bomb: Looks like I got one with a faulty drive. Called support and will have to send it off to them for repairs! So my PS3 fails within it's first hour...:lol: my 360 is still in repairs since May 29 :lol: and I'm tired of playing my Wii :lol:
Ah well, I'm still lucky to have all three. :)

[quote name='Ed_']:lol: :lol: :lol: I can't help but laugh at my luck. I unpck my PS3 and pop Resistance in...and what happens? NOTHING!:bomb: Looks like I got one with a faulty drive. Called support and will have to send it off to them for repairs! So my PS3 fails within it's first hour...:lol: my 360 is still in repairs since May 29 :lol: and I'm tired of playing my Wii :lol:
Ah well, I'm still lucky to have all three. :)[/quote]

If you consider having $1250 worth of paper weights lucky, then you might be the luckiest guy in the world. Sucks that your PS3 broke before you even had a chance to enjoy it.

Yeah, it does suck, but Sony's repairing it within a week, I'm told. I'm just waiting for some new games to arrive in the mail for my wii and I'll be good. :)

Anyhow, back on topic. Anyone else try trading in EA today? I hope you guys can still manage to get good credit on it! :)

Question: are the original Blue phat DSes rare or something? They're selling for $279 at the cheapest new on Amazon....

Looking for stuff to blow my credit on, and my FYE still has these.

Yep, they're somehwat rare, but I don't know who would want to buy a phat over a lite...unless of course they're collectors.;)

[quote name='Ed_']:lol: :lol: :lol: I can't help but laugh at my luck. I unpck my PS3 and pop Resistance in...and what happens? NOTHING!:bomb: Looks like I got one with a faulty drive. Called support and will have to send it off to them for repairs! So my PS3 fails within it's first hour...:lol: my 360 is still in repairs since May 29 :lol: and I'm tired of playing my Wii :lol:
Ah well, I'm still lucky to have all three. :)[/quote]

FYE doesnt have a return policy?

bread's done
Back