FYE 2nd Rebate Update! 7/2 - Retro GBA SP 69.99 After rebate at FYE

jshorr

CAGiversary!
Not sure if this has been posted already, but didn't see it....got the new FYE flyer in today's paper at it has a CLASSIC NES SERIES section. The games are 19.99 and there's a retro SP pictured with a bubble that says "69.99 Gameboy Advance Game System after mail-in rebate.) This seems like a pretty sweet deal, i'd get it if I didn't already have an SP. These were posted before but they also have Fight Night 2004, MVP 2004, and Harry Potter (PS2 only for HP) advertised for 19.99 after $30 rebate. Non-game related but they also have some real good deals on dvd's, simpsons seasons 1-3 9.99 each after rebate, spider man deluxe w/ free SM2 tickets 9.99 AR, Scarface deluxe ed. and LOTR: TTT 24.99 after rebate, 24 Season 2 19.99 AR. Some good movies for 9.99 also.

I will definately be hitting FYE's tomorrow morning...

Oh also forgot to add, Xbox live starter kit 49.99 and spinter cell and you get XIII free with purchase!

These deals all appear to be in-store only. The rebates don't seem to be available online and even if they were I don't know think they'd apply to fye.com. A rebate form I have for something else says only valid at Trans World retail stores. Fye is good in getting rebates back to you, but without the flyer and asking at the register there's no way that I know of to find out what items have rebates for them, which is lame.

[quote name='jshorr']Oh also forgot to add, Xbox live starter kit 49.99, looks like an older one, you get free spinter cell and XIII with purchase!

These deals all appear to be in-store only. The rebates don't seem to be available online and even if they were I don't know think they'd apply to fye.com. A rebate form I have for something else says only valid at Trans World retail stores. Fye is good in getting rebates back to you, but without the flyer and asking at the register there's no way that I know of to find out what items have rebates for them, which is lame.[/quote]

Wait, you get a fee Splinter Cell AND XIII. And didn't someone once post that Microsoft also had a deal that if you purchased a Live Kit you could call them and get one of three free games free. If that's still running, you could get three games and the kit for $50. Plus whatever game the kit comes with. It may be Mechassualt. That would make it four games....

I'm just speculating, but if this can be confirmed that would be sweet.

By the way, are the two games free after rebate or free at time of purchase.

Correction: Sorry misread, it's Starter kit + SC gets you free XIII.

I have a scan of the game section whats the easiest way I can get it on here.

Are FYE and Strawberries owned by the same company? These are the same deals as Strawberries has this week. Except you might want to re-read the Xbox Live deal, it looks like you have to buy BOTH the starter kit and Splinter Cell and you get XIII free. Not quite as good a deal.

You're right. I will edit the post....

They're both Trans World Entertainment stores, yes. Same parent.

[quote name='hitop']Are FYE and Strawberries owned by the same company? These are the same deals as Strawberries has this week. Except you might want to re-read the Xbox Live deal, it looks like you have to buy BOTH the starter kit and Splinter Cell and you get XIII free. Not quite as good a deal.[/quote]

bahh! no trans world entertainment stores in phoenix! for shame! i was finally gonna get me an sp too

Aren't the classic series games $12.99 at fry's until tomorrow? That would make this better if you have both FYE and Fry's in your area.

[quote name='meteors']Grrrr I want this deal on the retro GBA but there's no FYE in Michigan![/quote]

There used to be a FYE at the Livonia mall on Plymouth Road. I believe there is also one in the Lansing mall on Saginaw Ave.

[quote name='flizmo007']Same deals at Warehouse music.[/quote]

yea, is FYE just a branch of warehouse music (or vise versa) or are related in anyway?

[quote name='meteors']Grrrr I want this deal on the retro GBA but there's no FYE in Michigan![/quote]
What are you on, son? In Briarwood mall there is one. Now, how do you get the rebates, just ask for a form or something? Those Simpsons box sets have been calling my name....

[quote name='lucid']bahh! no trans world entertainment stores in phoenix! for shame! i was finally gonna get me an sp too[/quote]

There are 4 Wherehouse Music stores in Phoenix, AZ:

1350 S Longmore, Mesa
937 E Broadway, Tempe
1928 S Gilbert Rd, Mesa
2095 N Alma School Rd Ste 10, Chandler

They have them at the register. Just ask....

[quote name='Mr.FoodMonster'][quote name='meteors']Grrrr I want this deal on the retro GBA but there's no FYE in Michigan![/quote]
What are you on, son? In Briarwood mall there is one. Now, how do you get the rebates, just ask for a form or something? Those Simpsons box sets have been calling my name....[/quote]

I dont know where i thought i read this but i heard you could only get the simpsons rebates only when season four comes out tomorrow? or could i go in today and get 1-3 with rebates?

[quote name='Akkis99']does FYE take game trade ins? I wanna trade in some games for a GBA SP retro. Let me know ASAP. THanxs[/quote]

Some do, some don't. Check the store locater at www.fye.com and I think they tell you which stores do.

if they have some extra rebates pick some up :)

I wouldn't mind saving 5 bucks even if you would want something small in return

You guys are right, there is actually a FYE in Ann Arbor, I'm so forgetful.... I was thinking of Fry's! Thanks to Indiana for the PM...

I went to Fye's with some guys from work at lunch. One friend got what looked like the last simpsons season 3, and another got a retro SP. He was looking into getting the system for a while and this morning first thing he asked me if I knew any deals on them. I picked up season 1 and 2 of simpsons, I was told there were no more of 3, but I stuck around because somehow I knew better...and sure enough someone else was restocking the shelf 5 minutes later from a hidden box. Also picked up harry potter 1 and 2 for 10 each AR. We all left happy...

im seriously thinking about finally getting a gbasp thanks to this deal....i usually look the other way when it comes to portable systems for the simple fact that gaming will take over my life if i can play it outside of my house...oh well...

question:
if i buy a gbasp...what good rpgs can i get for it?

My friend who got it is into RPG's and he got Harvest Moon....there's Mario & Luigi which is an action/rpg and is very good...and some others..

RPG's:
Final Fantasy 1 & 2 will be coming out. A lot of people like the Golden Sun Series. There is also Final Fantasy Tactics (not my thing but people like it).

FYI If anyone happened to be interested in the Harry Potters at FYE be careful, the widescreen editions of Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets were not scanning on sale at 14.99. The ad which states 14.99 - 5 rebate pictured the widescreen of Sorcerer's Stone and a generic box for Chamber of Secrets (real box has either widescreen or fullscreen across the top.) Make sure you have the cashier override the price....

Went to the FYE in Midtown Manhattan and picked up Fight Night PS2 and Harry Potter 3 for PS2 (both $19.99 each after rebate).

The movies weren't listed anywhere in my flyer, how did you know about the movie deals? Can someone list them all? My flyer shows movies but no prices. Bizarre.

Also, does anyone know if the $6.50 movie ticket can be used towards the purchase of an Adult ticket ($6.50 off the price) or is it just for a Childs ticket? I had a similar coupon a long time ago for Matrix Reloaded that was good for one regular adult ticket. I was able to use ti to take $10 off an IMAX version ticket. Wondering if I can do the same with this.

Thanks!!

I got the flyer with everything in it in the Sunday NY Daily News. There's too much stuff to type up right now but I will try to do it later. Too bad that FYE.COM is about as far from Fye stores as you can get. No circulars listed, prices totally different, rebates don't apply online, etc. :?

[quote name='hwong3']Went to the FYE in Midtown Manhattan and picked up Fight Night PS2 and Harry Potter 3 for PS2 (both $19.99 each after rebate).

The movies weren't listed anywhere in my flyer, how did you know about the movie deals? Can someone list them all? My flyer shows movies but no prices. Bizarre.

Also, does anyone know if the $6.50 movie ticket can be used towards the purchase of an Adult ticket ($6.50 off the price) or is it just for a Childs ticket? I had a similar coupon a long time ago for Matrix Reloaded that was good for one regular adult ticket. I was able to use ti to take $10 off an IMAX version ticket. Wondering if I can do the same with this.

Thanks!![/quote]

my fye doesnt have the classic gbasp...bastards...i wanted this really bad with this deal too...on top of that...they wouldnt take my go go hypergrind because they said it was used, even though it was in mint condition...he even said it was in perfect condition, he just wouldnt buy a used game, "its company policy", wtf?

Does anyone know if FYE will take in trade-ins of a regular GBA? And if so, how much they give. I would like to take advantage of this, and have no use for my GBA if I can get it with some game tradeins

I went to 2 different FYE stores in the area, and neither of the employees I spoke to had any idea what Gameboy I was even talking about. All they had in stock were cobalt and onyx. I guess I'm out of luck on this one.

[quote name='cjmunoz']I went to 2 different FYE stores in the area, and neither of the employees I spoke to had any idea what Gameboy I was even talking about. All they had in stock were cobalt and onyx. I guess I'm out of luck on this one.[/quote]

after very bad luck with the only fye close to me...i called 6 other ones that were pretty far away to see if they had the classic nes version...they all didnt even know what i was talking about...some thought i was referring to the original gameboy system...others thought i was talking about the actual original nes...dumb bastards...in the end, none had them in stock...can you get a raincheck on these?

The rebate deals at FYE's (like the xbox $30 off one) are usually good for quite some time. I will try to check with my friend who bought it how long the rebate is for. But I would keep checking back, they'll get them in stock eventually. Also you might want to go to some of those stores anyway...when someone tells me something over the phone I only 50% believe what they might say.

Hey jshorr,

Does the ad (or rebate form) specifically state that the rebate is only for the retro SP?

[quote name='jshorr']...got the new FYE flyer in today's paper at it has a CLASSIC NES SERIES section. The games are 19.99 and there's a retro SP pictured with a bubble that says "69.99 Gameboy Advance Game System after mail-in rebate.)...[/quote]

Thanks trustcompany!

My FYE has never even heard of the retro SP (big suprise there), but they do have the platinum and black.....

Does anyone know if FYE trade-in credit is store specific?

I went to Wherehouse Music and I got all the stuff I wanted, but then my mom said, "You know your suppose to rip the bar code from the box to send, right?" I was shocked. I asked, and it was true. I just ended up getting Champions of Norrath for the PS2 that's used for $15.99 with a 20% off used CDs, DVDs, and video games. I also traded in Haven: Call of the King and got either $4.00 or $4.50 for it, I forgot. It was even sealed, but that's all they gave me. The top clip that's holds the manual in place has been broken off, but at least the piece was in the box. :roll: The box is in decent shape, and the manual and CD are in great shape.

I also got The Simpsons: The Completel Fourth Season for $36.99, and if I want, I can rip the bar code off to send in for a mail-in rebate to get $10, but I'm not going to do that. I might return it and get it from another store where my mom has store credit, but I don't know yet.

Mail-in rebates suck.

dude thats a myth about the barcode. You dont have to rip anything. Just photocopy. thats what i have always done and it workls

It's true. Keep everything, and even if they tell you you need the original UPC you can contact customer service and fax over a copy.

Broke down and picked up a retro SP...tomorrow's the last day of the rebate. My sick justification is that I'm not going to use it except for when friends come over to play Four Swords....I'll keep it in super mint condition while I continue to use my platinum SP for day to day use...and then when the DS comes out they'll probably have some kind of deal like trade in your SP and some games and get X dollars off a DS. So I'll let my then worn platinum go and have the retro to keep/use. Do I sound convincing?

On a side note, I hope they make the DS interchangeable with the GBA for games like four swords....can you link a GBA and a regular GB/GBC together to play GB/GBC multiplayer games?

There seems to be a discrepancy in the rebate dates. Some forms say the 16th, some the 19th, and the one I have goes until the end of the month (but requires a $14.99 game purchase).

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']Can you guys say that you've photocopied the bar code and sent it in and you got your rebate?

Anyways, it's too late. The sale ended on 06/16/04.[/quote]

All you need is the UPC sticker with the price on it from the TWEC stores.

bread's done
Back