FYE 30% Off Games & Accessories and 10% Off Hardware YMMV

chronojin

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone,

Was at the local mall and went to FYE to see about trading in a game to them. I noticed they had a bunch of signage on the wall saying:

New games and accessories 30% off and 10% off hardware (Excludes Wii stuff and used games and accessories)

The lady working there told me they are no longer gonna be carrying games (not sure if she meant at that particular store or the company in general)

I picked up a 120gb HD for 360 for a buddy of mine about $145 w/FL tax.

If this was already posted i apoligize for the trouble.

i also saw these posters, next to 'nba starting five' ps2 for 29.99 they also had a used wiiplay with remote for 34.99, i thought about that one really hard

The story is a fair amount of FYEs are clearing out there stock of games because they just haven't sold. I made out like a bandit picking up point cards and 360 Wireless Controllers.

My FYE is doing this as well. I was told it didn't apply to PS3 games though.

30% isn't quite enough for me. If it goes down to 50%, I'm gonna clear the place out.

the FYE at one of the malls here in Arizona had this also. i never shop at FYE but walked by and saw the sign for 30% off all games. too bad all they had was crap and stuff that sells for $19.99 or less most places that they still had priced at $49.99.

I don't mean to sidetrack the conversation here (total lie), but why do some of these businesses get into the gaming industry and half-ass it? Does anyone know if FYE actually makes money off of games? Or do assholes like me who flip games to them for rediculous amounts of money ruin everything?

It just doesn't seem that hard to hire one more person for the entire chain to make sure that they're giving the correct amount of money for games.

Why is FYE dropping games? Simple. Because FYE overprices absolutely everything in their stores to the point where people generally avoid them.

There is only one reason FYE should stop selling games and that reason is that they STILL charge 49.99 for Wave Race Blue Storm for GC. I mean c'mon a launch title? for $50?

Two stores by me are also clearancing out there game sections.

I have the FYE card and was able to get 40% off games and 20% off accessories.

I was able to pick up Madden 08 360 for 31.50 and Hamsterz DS for 12.00 last week.

For some reason the woman gave me more than 40 % off on the Madden but I did not ask why.

FYE near Tacoma Mall is a no go, went there two days ago for this deal. They never participate in these deals.

A few months back I noticed that the local FYE had a playstation sitting on the floor. The box was yellowing with age, but it still had a $150 price tag.:roll:

[quote name='unicron129']There is only one reason FYE should stop selling games and that reason is that they STILL charge 49.99 for Wave Race Blue Storm for GC. I mean c'mon a launch title? for $50?[/quote]

Speaking of this, I was at a Walmart in Austin, TX (vacationing and thought I would hunt for some deals) and I saw NBA Courtside 2001 and NHL 2001 in the glass case for FULL retail. I literally laughed out loud when I saw the prices.

bread's done
Back