Fye 50% / 75% off! Ymmv

riskzero

CAGiversary!
I apologize if this has been posted but I just visited a FYE in Port Chester NY and they had 50% off all new ps2 games and every single used game I picked up even tho priced 14.99 and above came to 2.50 weather or not that was a mistake i'm not 100% sure, but it happened with 3 games.

Xbox games and Gamecube games are all 75% off.

The used games were - Kingdom Hearts RE:Chains, Extermination and Metal Saga (anyone know if Extermination and Metal Saga are any good?)

FYE was one of my favorite stores last year for deals. I found several games for free and the rest were all under $10, all new. Unfortunately, the huge store by me went out of business recently. Even when they were having their big sale to get rid of everything the prices weren't as good as they normally were.

Now, the store I always went to is getting rid of games. They have a sign up that says 75% off all new games, with the exception of new releases. I went there right after the sale started and nothing really caught my attention. Most games were priced higher than what you could find them for elsewhere. I found two games I wanted and they didn't have a sale price on them, so I asked the manager how much they were and she got a little angry and scannd them, they came up full price, when I asked why they weren't on sale, she said not everything was included. Went recently, thinking everything would be gone, but they still had quite a few things left but hadn't marked prices any lower.

It is definitely a good store to keep an eye on because of their sales and rebates. I figured things would pretty much stay the same price there, but almost every time I went I found something new. So I would keep checking back to see if they get new games and/or drop some prices.

Nice finds!

[quote name='salt_peanuts']They have had that sale at that store for at least a year. I picked up a bunch of new PS2 games last summer all under $5.[/QUOTE]

I guess my mom was right, I don't visit home enough! lol! It was news to me :)

The 2 I've been to in NJ have 35% off used PS3 and 360 games and 25% off new PS3 and 360. I picked up a new Rock Band 2 for around $22. I had been looking for a deal on that. The disney sing it bundle was $20 and so was the W@W bundle. I picked up the disney one for the gf.

The 2 I've been to in NJ have 35% off used PS3 and 360 games and 25% off new PS3 and 360. I picked up a new Rock Band 2 for around $22. I had been looking for a deal on that. The disney sing it bundle was $20 and so was the W@W bundle. I picked up the disney one for the gf.

I saw 25% off new PS3/360 games, but the FYE prices are ridiculous. Had them scan Two Worlds and it came up $50, DoAX2 was $40, etc. so even with the discount, they cost far more than what you can pick them up for almost everywhere else these days.

I don't know if this is so much a sale anymore as it is a liquidation. The FYE's that still exist around me are out of the videogame business altogether.

Found one and picked up a couple of PS2 games I've been looking for to complete the collection - Space Channel 5 Special Edition and Disaster Report. The cashier asked if I wanted to buy anymore since they're trying to get rid of them. With the Wizardry I found at a nearby GS, and an order coming in from GS, I believe my PS2 collection is officially done - minus some possible replacement cases, docs, etc, if I feel like it.

I can confirm this. The FYE in plaistow, NH is having a closing sale (I'm assuming they're closing for good). Big yellow signs all in front. 50% off everything in the store. music, movies, games, etc. I didn't have time to check the place out, but I plan to.

The FYE down in the Sawgrass Mall in Florida is having some sales too, 75% off new Gamecube/Xbox games, 50% off of new PS2 games. Not much left for the Gamecube and Xbox like expected, but they still have a decent selection of PS2 games. They also have some 20% off when you buy 3 used, but thats not to great.

Last time I checked the FYE Superstore in Victor, NY, maybe a month ago, PS2 games were still full price, and Xbox/GC/GBA games had retreated backward to 50% off, after having been 75% off for some time. I'll have to see if anything's changed when I swing out that way for work later this week.

[quote name='estofan']I saw 25% off new PS3/360 games, but the FYE prices are ridiculous. Had them scan Two Worlds and it came up $50, DoAX2 was $40, etc. so even with the discount, they cost far more than what you can pick them up for almost everywhere else these days.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here that's why I never bothered... so it's nothing really new to me. :roll:

Metal Saga is a great game if you like quirky RPG games. Very very strange sense of humor about it.

The FYE in Latham Farms, NY is going out of business. Everything is on sale (15-20% off), but the regular prices are ludicrous. For example, they're trying to sell Brutal Legend ($20 everywhere else) for $60 still.

Walden Galleria in Buffalo NY still has games left for 50% off, there aren't a lot of games left but I bought Retro Game Challenge DS for $10.

Are all the FYE's closing in the Buffalo area, it wouldn't surprise me as their prices were horrible and almost always overpriced. You can buy almost everything FYE sells online for a heck of a lot cheaper than they sell it for. The FYE's around here never had some of the sales that I saw posted on here either.

The weird thing about this is sale is they put in the discounts manually into the register, it doesn't just ring up in the register like at most store closing or liquidation sales.

[quote name='dave auto']Last time I checked the FYE Superstore in Victor, NY, maybe a month ago, PS2 games were still full price, and Xbox/GC/GBA games had retreated backward to 50% off, after having been 75% off for some time. I'll have to see if anything's changed when I swing out that way for work later this week.[/QUOTE]

As of last week, xbox/gc/gba is 75% off and ps2 is 50% off at the Victor FYE.

[quote name='Aznchaos3']As of last week, xbox/gc/gba is 75% off and ps2 is 50% off at the Victor FYE.[/QUOTE]
Yay! Thanks for the update. Time to load up on some cheap PS2 games I've been wanting for the backlog.

bread's done
Back