FYE - 50% off ALL GAMES - YMMV

Nelstone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm not sure if this has already been posted elsewhere.

The FYE at the Altamonte Mall in Altamonte Springs, Florida is selling all of it's video games for 50% off. Not sure if this is nation wide.

It looks like FYE stores without a huge dedicated gaming section are clearing out games instead of shipping them to the larger FYEs.

Here is what I picked up (price after 50% off):

- Enchanted Arms Collectors Edition, 360: $20
- Untold Legends: The Warriors Code, PSP: $10
- Jeanne D'Arc, PSP: $15
- Capcom Mini Mix, GBA: $5

Slim pickins' beyond that, IMHO.

Nelstone

Fair Oaks Mall, Va has three copies of Bioshock at $20(one downstairs, two upstairs), but no clearance. I wonder if this is a pricing error...no other good deals at the store.

Fye at the Galleria in Houston barely has anything anymore. Only NEW Games right now are only 30% off as well as accessories. I picked up a xbox 360 rechargeable battery for only $9.08. Not bad i guess, but they didn't have anything else worth buy except Stranglehold. I'll wait until thats 50% off though...

Don't know why this is YMMV.... this should be nation wide, all the signs said chain-wide clearance or nation-wide.

[quote name='Indiana']Are all FYEs not carrying games anymore?[/quote]

a handful are clearancing out their new games. call first because it's a definite YMMV.

I'm not sure if anybody already posted this, but this is confirmed at the Polaris Mall in the Dublin / North Columbus, Ohio area. Went there, but nothing too shabby. Bunch of left over PS2 and Xbox junk. I was at the Tuttle Mall location and they had B2G1 on all used games. It seems as if the Polaris store jacked up some of the prices....

...shady...

If I remember correctly. I was at both stores in the same day.

[quote name='movieman2742']I'm not sure if anybody already posted this, but this is confirmed at the Polaris Mall in the Dublin / North Columbus, Ohio area. Went there, but nothing too shabby. Bunch of left over PS2 and Xbox junk. I was at the Tuttle Mall location and they had B2G1 on all used games. It seems as if the Polaris store jacked up some of the prices....

...shady...

If I remember correctly. I was at both stores in the same day.[/quote]

More than likely, they didn't jack up prices. FYE generally doesn't lower prices on anything game-related. There is a copy of MLB 2K7 sitting at my local FYE, still labeled at $59.99. And if they did jack up prices, that is an unfortunate, yet common, liquidation trick, used to sucker in rubes who think 50% (or whatever) off is always a deal, even when the product can be bought elsewhere for cheaper.

[quote name='Cuban__B']Fye at the Galleria in Houston barely has anything anymore. Only NEW Games right now are only 30% off as well as accessories. I picked up a xbox 360 rechargeable battery for only $9.08. Not bad i guess, but they didn't have anything else worth buy except Stranglehold. I'll wait until thats 50% off though...

Don't know why this is YMMV.... this should be nation wide, all the signs said chain-wide clearance or nation-wide.[/quote]

While this is true, a lot of FYE's started doing this a while back. The nearest FYE to me (literally walking distance) clearanced their games out almost a year ago now. It's nationwide for FYE's that havent done it yet, but some regions already have.

Merrillville, IN store does not have the 50% off going, sadly. Bioshock was there at some point on Friday, I was just too late to drag my ass there in time.

[quote name='Cuban__B']
Don't know why this is YMMV.... this should be nation wide, all the signs said chain-wide clearance or nation-wide.[/QUOTE]

This is YMMV because only some of the stores are clearing out their games, not all of them. The one near me has a great selection of games, but of course they're not doing it.

[quote name='Josef']This is YMMV because only some of the stores are clearing out their games, not all of them. The one near me has a great selection of games, but of course they're not doing it.[/quote]

Yep YMMV the fye near my house doesnt have this clearance going on.

[quote name='Peyton Manning']is there the FYE Sale at the Caslton square Mall in indiana[/QUOTE]

Was there an hour ago, They do not have them half off.

At the FYE in Burbank, CA - Just picked up Ratchet and Clank PSP for $19 and NHL 08 for 360 for $25. NHL is sooooooooo fucking good. Highly recommended to anyone who ever loved those old genesis hockey games. It was EGM sports game of the year and even though I don't know any of the players in this game - I've been playing in non stop. Go to FYE!! NOW!!!

Well i got a bunch of games at the Tacoma, WA FYE...

Not only were they doing the 50% off they were also doing it with the buy 2 get 1 half off used...
The 50% works on new games too...If you guys are still interested they had quite a few Halo 3, Mass Effect, PGR4, & Stranglehold half off still...Lots of sports games you can pick up real cheap, PSP, DS, PS2, & Xbox games...Wii's & PS3 games were excluded...Accessories were also 50% off...

Some games i got...

:gc:
Mario Kart $9
Animal Crossing $6
Harvest Moon Wonderful Life$4
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess $12

:psp:
Final Fantasy II $8
Me My Katamari $8 new

:ps2:
God of War 2 $9
Shadow of Rome $9
Kessen III $1.90:hot::hot::hot:
Resident Evil Premium $13
Sing Star Rocks $25 sealed

[quote name='wampa8jedi']It's getting to the point where we almost need a YMMV board--deals could, of course, eventually migrate over to the main board if it turned out they were widespread. It's just increasingly annoying that the main deal board is muddled with anywhere from five to fifteen YMMV threads depending upon the day... and that a nearly insignificant number of people will get in on these deals.

Nothing against you personally OP nor your deal, just a trend that has been getting increasingly worse over the past few months.[/QUOTE]

That's why they made the whole YMMV thing, if you aren't interested in YMMV deals, don't read them, and then don't waste your time posting about them, your precious time that's just wasted by other people's deals just because they don't concern you...
Why does everyone complain about EVERYTHING on this site???
-Goatman

The FYE in austin at highland mall is having this deal. Not much left from what i could see but then again i was really only looking for RPGs.

I haven't checked the lakeline mall FYE so if someone does I would love to know what they have.

[quote name='rcaido']Well i got a bunch of games at the Tacoma, WA FYE...

Not only were they doing the 50% off they were also doing it with the buy 2 get 1 half off used...
The 50% works on new games too...If you guys are still interested they had quite a few Halo 3, Mass Effect, PGR4, & Stranglehold half off still...Lots of sports games you can pick up real cheap, PSP, DS, PS2, & Xbox games...Wii's & PS3 games were excluded...Accessories were also 50% off...

Some games i got...

:gc:
Mario Kart $9
Animal Crossing $6
Harvest Moon Wonderful Life$4
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess $12

:psp:
Final Fantasy II $8
Me My Katamari $8 new

:ps2:
God of War 2 $9
Shadow of Rome $9
Kessen III $1.90:hot::hot::hot:
Resident Evil Premium $13
Sing Star Rocks $25 sealed[/quote]

Good thing I got there before you! :)

[quote name='goatindaruffness']
Why does everyone complain about EVERYTHING on this site???
-Goatman[/quote]

Its the internet, what else would you do?

I picked up Call of Duty 3: Gold Edition for the 360 for $16. My local FYE also had Halo 3: Limited Edition for $35. I'm not sure if I'll go back for it though, what with the scratched disc problems those had.

I haven had a chance to look through all the posts but Im going to clarify this if anyone else has not.

I am a part time worker at a local FYE

THIS IS NOT 50% OFF ALL GAMES, not even a YMMV 50% OFF ALL GAMES

We had 300 stores close over the last 3 months and any stores that are getting games from the closing stores are allowed to put ONLY the PS2,PSP,GAMECUBE,XB,360, and GBA games they received in a CLEARLY SIGNED 50% off dump. Used games are also applicable. Not all stores have this but your best bet is to find out where the nearest store to one of the ones thats closed is. Once again Im sorry if this was already stated.

I have that up on mine as well, Ive gotten some teffic games from this deal, including Nocturne, Growlanser, DDS1 and DDS2,Mass effect, and almost new copy of Marvel Vs Capcom 2 for ps2.

[quote name='Oswald9599']I have that up on mine as well, Ive gotten some teffic games from this deal, including Nocturne, Growlanser, DDS1 and DDS2,Mass effect, and almost new copy of Marvel Vs Capcom 2 for ps2.[/quote]

Yeah there were a lot of good games. If I had more money I'd have gotten Gears of War and Halo 3. I went with Bioshock, Crackdown, Mega Man Anniversary, Mega Man X Collection, Front Mission 4, and a few other cheap games for birthday presents.

I have that up on mine as well, Ive gotten some teffic games from this deal, including Nocturne, Growlanser, DDS1 and DDS2,Mass effect, and almost new copy of Marvel Vs Capcom 2 for ps2.

and WHERE/what METRO do you live in?

[quote name='vrblknch']I have that up on mine as well, Ive gotten some teffic games from this deal, including Nocturne, Growlanser, DDS1 and DDS2,Mass effect, and almost new copy of Marvel Vs Capcom 2 for ps2.

and WHERE/what METRO do you live in?[/quote]

Im Currently living In Alexandria Va, I work at the springfield mall FYE

[quote name='Oswald9599']We had 300 stores close over the last 3 months and any stores that are getting games from the closing stores are allowed to put ONLY the PS2,PSP,GAMECUBE,XB,360, and GBA games they received in a CLEARLY SIGNED 50% off dump. Used games are also applicable. Not all stores have this but your best bet is to find out where the nearest store to one of the ones thats closed is. Once again Im sorry if this was already stated.[/QUOTE]

I've been to my FYE about three times the last couple of weeks and they seem to get more titles each time I go in. Do you know if stores are still receiving games from the closed/closing stores?

[quote name='deadite76']I've been to my FYE about three times the last couple of weeks and they seem to get more titles each time I go in. Do you know if stores are still receiving games from the closed/closing stores?[/quote]
They most likely are, I just received 4 more huge boxes from non closing stores as well. Fye is conforming some regions to not having all game stores as well, that coupled with the fact that they probably, like our store, have a bulk of it in the back room, you should see new product replenished in the section almost every week.

[quote name='Oswald9599']They most likely are, I just received 4 more huge boxes from non closing stores as well. Fye is conforming some regions to not having all game stores as well, that coupled with the fact that they probably, like our store, have a bulk of it in the back room, you should see new product replenished in the section almost every week.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That's good to hear!

[quote name='Oswald9599']They most likely are, I just received 4 more huge boxes from non closing stores as well. Fye is conforming some regions to not having all game stores as well, that coupled with the fact that they probably, like our store, have a bulk of it in the back room, you should see new product replenished in the section almost every week.[/quote]

I know this is off topic sort of, but why are they continuing to take video game trade ins? In fact, the one I went to is even offering an extra 20% on all trade ins, including video games.

[quote name='mike.m']I know this is off topic sort of, but why are they continuing to take video game trade ins? In fact, the one I went to is even offering an extra 20% on all trade ins, including video games.[/quote]
When I look at my Profits and Loss' Charts, USED anything is about 23% of my overall business, + we have a huge online used business where the its like 55% new 45% used sales. I ship out about 5-6 boxes of used to warehouses a week.

[quote name='Oswald9599']When I look at my Profits and Loss' Charts, USED anything is about 23% of my overall business, + we have a huge online used business where the its like 55% new 45% used sales. I ship out about 5-6 boxes of used to warehouses a week.[/quote]

Well yeah, I realize that. I used to work at a video game store. I was just wondering why they still took trade ins if the stores weren't going to carry video games anymore. Are they still selling them on the website? That makes sense if thats the case.

Online seems to be the most accurate answer,Also stores who take in used games are able to transfer them to game stores, so taken in trade-ins arent missed at an all CD or DVD fye. I get transfers from the FYE movies all the time.

[quote name='Oswald9599']Online seems to be the most accurate answer,Also stores who take in used games are able to transfer them to game stores, so taken in trade-ins arent missed at an all CD or DVD fye. I get transfers from the FYE movies all the time.[/quote]

Thats cool, i might have to check back with the store in my area again just in case they get different stock in. Pretty cool of you to answer questions too, thanks. :)

[quote name='mike.m']Thats cool, i might have to check back with the store in my area again just in case they get different stock in. Pretty cool of you to answer questions too, thanks. :)[/quote]
No worry, I noticed that transworld employees are treated a bit sullen, but I'll be more than happy to offer answers to any of the sales, as well start trying to post more deals as I get them, in advance.

[quote name='Oswald9599']No worry, I noticed that transworld employees are treated a bit sullen, but I'll be more than happy to offer answers to any of the sales, as well start trying to post more deals as I get them, in advance.[/QUOTE]

Is the Springfield FYE doing the 50% off? Do you know if any of the other stores in the area are also doing the 50% off? Thanks.

Yeah the springfield FYE is where I work and we are doing the 50%, To my knowledge we are the only ones in the area, though landmark might be participating now as well.

Though my 50% bin is quite small I try to restock weekly.

[quote name='reicaden']i wonder if the stores in florida are doing this, hmmmm, i guess ill call tomorrow[/QUOTE]

post updates. I swung by the FYE in downtown but never saw signs on the games even though they had signs up on the windows.

Store in Charlottesville, VA is 50% also...not much to get excited over. Oswald, does your store currently have any "gems" in the bin?

Ive been picking away at it but theres some good stuff, Atelier Iris 2, Assassins creed, alot of halo 3's, Crackdown.

Hmm, at my local FYE it's any new game, for any platform (including Wii, PC, etc.) is 50% off. Used are as priced. And the new games are just in mixed in with the used.

[quote name='Filbert']Hmm, at my local FYE it's any new game, for any platform (including Wii, PC, etc.) is 50% off. Used are as priced. And the new games are just in mixed in with the used.[/quote]
This could be a closing store, thats def. not the norm. It should be in a designated bin. I wish my store was like that, though Id be broke.

I don't think it's closing. Talking to the manager, he sounded like the 50% off pricing and everything was his idea. And he was pushing me to bring in used games to boost his stock.

I went back to my local FYE today to pick up that copy of Halo 3: Limited Edition since I figured I wouldn't be able to find it for cheaper than $35 for awhile anyway. Well it turns out they had several copies in the back, as well as one Legendary Edition for $50 after the discount. I went ahead and bought the Limited one, but I have yet to open it.

Can anyone tell me if the extras in the Legendary Edition are worth $15 over the Limited Edition?

i picked up the Legendary from amazon at $60, haven't gotten around to the extras but it was worth it for me, just for the fancy helmet

[quote name='Filbert']I don't think it's closing. Talking to the manager, he sounded like the 50% off pricing and everything was his idea. And he was pushing me to bring in used games to boost his stock.[/quote]
Thats a strange method, but hey it works out for you.

The local FYE in Great Nortern Mall in North Olmsted was very lame. They had perhaps maybe 10 Xbox 360 games - I think it was mostly Phantasy Star Universe, Lord of the Rings: BFME II, MLB 06, Madden 06, a couple Soccer games, and one copy of Halo 3. I considered picking up Halo 3 to trade in, but passed. No accessories were there outside of component cables for $15. Save your time.

bread's done
Back