FYE: 75% off Last Gen Games (Maybe YMMV)

Squall_L_FF8

CAGiversary!
I came back from the FYE in Boca Raton, FL yesterday, and they had all last gen games for 75% off of regular prices. The sale is for PS2, original XBox, Gamecube, and I think GBA too. This deal might be YMMV because I only checked this store.

The 3 games I got were Mana Khemia 2 $10, Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories for PS2 $5, and The Nightmare of Druaga $3.99 after 75% off. After tax, I paid $20.22 which is less than what you usually would pay for Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories after tax. I almost bought that game when I was at Walmart. Glad I didn't.

I am going to drop by the FYE near my house to check if they have it too.

I was actually there yesterday!

This is on current gen. games too!

Most are gutted copies though, were the copies that you got gutted?

At the particular store I went to, only last gen were on sale. They even had little signs behind the games that said this. Although I might have read them wrong. I guess it doesn't hurt to drop by there again. Only one of the games rang up at the discount automatically. The rest needed to be manually entered when I got my games. I think the store near my house did have 50% of all but new games. It was around the time Tekken 6 came out.

Yep, Mana Khemia 2 is complete with the soundtrack cd and stuff, but the one I got was the last one they had.

[quote name='Squall_L_FF8']At the particular store I went to, only last gen were on sale. They even had little signs behind the games that said this. Although I might have read them wrong. I guess it doesn't hurt to drop by there again. Only one of the games rang up at the discount automatically. The rest needed to be manually entered when I got my games.

Yep, Mana Khemia 2 is complete with the soundtrack cd and stuff, but the one I got was the last one they had.[/QUOTE]

Darn. I've been wanting it but haven't picked it up yet. I guess I'll have to drop by an FYE in the near future.

I work at a Sam Goody (slowly becoming an F.Y.E...) and the majority of our games are on clearance now. We stopped receiving new games in October-ish (except for pre-orders, of course) and immediately put a lot of games on sale. We've been told to tell people that we were going to stop carrying new games after Christmas since then, but we still haven't shipped them off yet- in fact, almost all of the games that were on sale before are even cheaper now, and a lot that weren't on sale are half off now. To just give you an example of what I've got in my store:

Pokemon Platinum: $18
Halo 3: ODST: $30
Soul Calibur IV: $8
Rogue Galaxy: $5
Dragonball Z: Burst Limit: $8
Saw: $30
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky: $15

I'd check your F.Y.E./Sam Goody/Suncoast if you haven't in a while- you may luck out! :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that this is DEFINITELY YMMV. I checked our GBA games and all our new Xbox games (no new GC games in my store) and none of them were on sale, despite the current-gen being sales-priced... Though PS2 games were on heavy clearance, a lot being 75% off. In addition, none of the used games are on sale- only the new ones, and a lot are cheaper than the used games.

I was just at one yesterday and they only had the 75% off on last gen sports games. All other last gen games were buy one get one 1/2 off. This was in upstate New York by the way (Elmira).

bread's done
Back