FYE - All? Games $10.99 & under Buy 2 Get 1 Free

briansraregames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Stopped by a local FYE today and they had a big sign up in the entranceway that said games $10.99 or under were Buy 2 Get 1 Free. They had to manually price the ones that I purchased but according to the employees, this is a nationwide sale. The sign outside said "select games" but the manager on duty said that all games should work. There were quite a few decent cube, ps2, and xbox games available at my store, so check it out if you have an FYE in your area that still sells games.

EDIT: Looks like this promo officially starts on 5/1...this store must have jumped the gun.

... do they even HAVE games that are less than $15? I have never seen anything priced lower than that.

Hell, they still have a really old Gamecube game for $50!

About a week a go I went to the FYE in Montebello, CA. They had a $9.99 Video Games sale. The clerks could only found about 3 or 4 ps2 games that were 9.99, so I don't know how good this sale will be to Cags.

FYE marked down a lot of XBox, PS2 & Gamecube games to $9.99 in early April. You will rarely find the correct prices on the games, but there are scanners throughout every store I've been in (though I didn't notice them until yesterday) that you can check most titles at. Some will scan as item not found, so if you're in a slow store and the cashier is not busy they can usually check them for you.

I was is a Coconuts today and didn't see any signs for a B2G1. I might have to check it out tomorrow since I bought a number of games and wouldn't mind the price adjustment.

[quote name='mikeetler']FYE marked down a lot of XBox, PS2 & Gamecube games to $9.99 in early April. [/quote]
Do you happen to know any specific titles? A partial list would be great.

My local fye has one of the largest selection of games I've seen in any fye. Then again, our area doesn't have any big box retailers except Wal-Mart to compete with.

I talked to another manager on duty today at another store, they acknowledged the promotion but said that their store would not start it until 5/1...and that the first store that I hit must have jumped the gun. Here's a small list of some of the games that I got:

XBOX: (There were many more $9.99 choices available)

Doom 3 CE - $8.99
Prince of Persia Two Thrones - $8.99
King Arthur - $0.00
Indiana Jones - $8.99 (x2)
Beyond Good & Evil - $0.00
Castlevania Curse of Darkness - $8.99
Gauntlet Seven Sorrows - $8.99

Cube

F Zero GX - $0.00
Bloodrayne - $8.99
Harry Potter Azkaban - $8.99
NHL 06 - $0.00

Saw but didn't get because they were opened:

Both early Harvest Moon Games (not magical melody) - $9.99
Mario Golf - $9.99
World Cup 2006 - $9.99

PS2:

There were a bunch of them, but the only two decent ones that I remember were Rygar and the Indiana Jones game...most of the others were launch titles like Okage, Orphen, that RTX game, along with games like Downhill Domination and ShoX that kind of stuff.

[quote name='cranguy']Do you happen to know any specific titles? A partial list would be great.

My local fye has one of the largest selection of games I've seen in any fye. Then again, our area doesn't have any big box retailers except Wal-Mart to compete with.[/QUOTE]

Here's what I have either picked up or can remember seeing. There are a lot more (probably 70% of all XBox games) and a handful of PSP titles (all sports from what I remember).

XBox (all $9.99 unless noted)
Apex
Arx Fatalis ($19.99)
Atari Anthology
Battlestar Galactica
Bionicle: The Game
Cabela's Deer Hunt 2005 Season
Conker: Live and Reloaded
Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller
Destroy all Humans! 2
Doom 3 Limited Collector's Edition
Final Fight Streetwise
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows
Godzilla: Save the Earth
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (non Platinum Choice)
Haunted Mansion
Midnight Club II
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition
Monopoly Party
Mortal Kombat: Deception Kollector's Edition
Namco Museum
Need For Speed: Carbon
NBA Street Vol 2 ($2.99)
Out Run 2006: Coast 2 Coast
Samurai Warriors
Scooby Doo: Mystery Mayhem
Sega Soccer Slam ($7.99)
The Sims ($7.99)
Teenage Mutant Turtles 3: Mutant Nightmare
True Crime: New York City Collector's Edition
UFC Tapout
Worms 3D

PS2
Activision Anthology
Arctic Thunder
Astro Boy
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu with action figure
Bionicle: The Game
Blitz: The League
Bloody Roar 3
Crimson Tears
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Darkwatch
Def Jam Vendetta
Destruction Derby Arenas ($14.99)
Dragonball Z Budokai 3 Limited Edition
Drakengard
Dual Hearts
Fight Night 2004
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy ($19.99)
Haunted Mansion ($7.99)
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Juiced
LeMans 24 Hours
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
MVP Baseball 2005
NBA Street Vol 3
Polar Express
Power Rangers: Dino Thunder
Rise to Honor
Samurai Warriors
Shadowman: 2nd Coming
Simpsons Road Rage
Tak and the Power of Juju
Tak 2: The Staff of Dreams
Taz Wanted
Tekken 4
Twisted Metal Black
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
Vexx
Virtua Quest ($7.99)
Whiplash
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007
X-Men: Legends
Yu-gi-oh!: Capsule Monster Coliseum

Gamecube
Batman Vengeance
Die Hard Vendetta
Donkey Konga 2 (w/o bongos)
Haunted Mansion
Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius: Attack Twonkies
Monsters Inc Scream Arena
Spawn: Armageddon
X-Men III: The Official Game

[quote name='Purkeynator']i remember seeing both Baten Kaitos games at my FYE for $10[/QUOTE]

Must be YMMV on that one. I scanned Origins yesterday and it was $19.99

got panzer dragoon orta for $10 not too long ago. There are plenty of cheap used games at my FYE. Thanks OP I'll go give it a look.

Baiten Kaitos at $10 is still pretty good. Each time I waited for it to go down...it shot back up...now it's making it's way down again in pricing. But I'll have to go by FYE...it's interesting over here.. FYE, across from that in the mall is EB and a walk across the aisle is EB and a short walk is another Gamestop and another block another Gamestop. Hehe.. anyway, gives me a reason to go by FYE, never hardly go there because prices are typically higher than I want to pay.

[quote name='mikeetler']Must be YMMV on that one. I scanned Origins yesterday and it was $19.99[/QUOTE]
Ditto. I also went to 2 different FYE's today, and 'no dice' on this deal the OP is speaking of. This is definitely YMMV.

[quote name='ricoraney']Ditto. I also went to 2 different FYE's today, and 'no dice' on this deal the OP is speaking of. This is definitely YMMV.[/quote]

Well, if others are reporting Thursday, maybe it's Thursday in the majority of the stores?

Nevertheless, I did get the "Origins" used through Blockbuster for like $13.99. Again, if you can get the game cheap for both Baiten Kaitos for the GameCube. Definitely worth it!

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']About a week a go I went to the FYE in Montebello, CA. They had a $9.99 Video Games sale. The clerks could only found about 3 or 4 ps2 games that were 9.99, so I don't know how good this sale will be to Cags.[/QUOTE]

that the one in the mall? upstairs?

yeah, those bastards are never in on any of the great sales. i work in the mall, so i stop by every once and then.

overstocked and overpriced, most of it.

My fye just started running this. I got:
PS2:
Arc the Lad: Twilight of Spirits

Xbox
Star Wars Battlefront II
Capcom Fighting Evolution
SNK vs. Capcom x2
Castlevania Curse of Darkness

I just looked at my receipt and saw that they rang this up as B1G1, so I got all these for $27 with the Backstage Pass discount. Not too shabby!

Couldn't resist grabbing another round yesterday

King of Fighters Maximum Impact PS2 (the double box one)
Capcom Fighting Evolution
SNK vs. Capcom

bread's done
Back