FYE: All S.A.V.E. Sets 50% Off

DNukem170

Banned
Was just in FYE and they brought back their promo where all of FUNimation's S.A.V.E. sets are half off, meaning most of the sets are $9.99-$14.99. This does not include any previous releases, even if they use the same cover art. It also includes the few Blu-ray titles, though that may be even more as Devil May Cry (normally $34.99) was $14.99.

In more general FYE news, all used stuff is B2G1 for $1.

[quote name='DNukem170']- Air TV
- Aquarion
- Bamboo Blade
- Case Closed
- Gad Guard
- Girls Bravo
- Gun X Sword
- Linebarrels of Iron
- Kaleido Star
- Kodocha
- Pumpkin Scissors
- Romeo X Juliet
- Sands of Destruction
- School Rumble
- Solty Rei
- Tower of Druaga[/QUOTE]
welcome to the nhk should be #1 this list

[quote name='shawnmelo']welcome to the nhk should be #1 this list[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen it.

And I listed them in alphabetical order, so technically, it would be last on the list. :p

[quote name='DNukem170']Haven't seen it.

And I listed them in alphabetical order, so technically, it would be last on the list. :p[/QUOTE]

Ahh but you forget xxxHolic

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Ahh but you forget xxxHolic[/QUOTE]

Only seen the movie, so it wouldn't be on my list either.

What sort of genres are you interested in? If you like comedy, there's School Rumble. Drama? Air. Action/Adventure? Gun X Sword. Mecha? Aquarion. Although that one has a ton of Narm, ham, and cheese in it and the first 2 episodes are boring.

[quote name='DNukem170']What sort of genres are you interested in? If you like comedy, there's School Rumble. Drama? Air. Action/Adventure? Gun X Sword. Mecha? Aquarion. Although that one has a ton of Narm, ham, and cheese in it and the first 2 episodes are boring.[/QUOTE]

Already have/seen quite a few of these haha, just wanted to find a decent one I have looked over.

As for genre, quite broad. But not a big fan of the harem, mecha or run on never ending shounen.

Some of my personal favorites though are Claymore, Clannad, FMA, and Monster.

I own Speed Grapher and its hard to recommend. Has some neat ideas but its pretty effed up series. I absolutely love the villain in this show. Such an a-hole but it kept me coming back just to see what kind of jerk things he would do next. This is the kind of series that you don't want you family walking in on for sure, lol.

Corpse Princess is alright. I suspect the anime caught up to the manga so the ending isn't all that great. If you like bewbs and girls fighting dead creatures then it should be right up your alley.

School Rumble I have all of it but I haven't watched all of it yet... it's a pretty goofy series from what I've watched so far.

I'm on the second disc of Mushi-Shi now that I got from the sale. I like it's laid back feel along with how cool the main character is. It's probably the first series with some sort of ghost/dead things that I've watched that doesn't involve action in it. Very good if you like series with paranormal stuff in it as well. I like it alot so far.

[quote name='SanjiX']I own Speed Grapher and its hard to recommend. Has some neat ideas but its pretty effed up series. I absolutely love the villain in this show. Such an a-hole but it kept me coming back just to see what kind of jerk things he would do next. This is the kind of series that you don't want you family walking in on for sure, lol.

Corpse Princess is alright. I suspect the anime caught up to the manga so the ending isn't all that great. If you like bewbs and girls fighting dead creatures then it should be right up your alley.

School Rumble I have all of it but I haven't watched all of it yet... it's a pretty goofy series from what I've watched so far.

I'm on the second disc of Mushi-Shi now that I got from the sale. I like it's laid back feel along with how cool the main character is. It's probably the first series with some sort of ghost/dead things that I've watched that doesn't involve action in it. Very good if you like series with paranormal stuff in it as well. I like it alot so far.[/QUOTE]

while true the thing about speed grapher is it shines a light on a dark part of society we really like to pretend just does not exist. sure minus the super natural part of the show it really speaks volumes about a hidden dark underbellly that does in fact exist and holds no punches back and the consequences when someone tries to shine a light on it.

corpse princess while boobs and girls fighting is part of it i rather liked how it was told honestly far better than i expected. and it has enough surprising twists and turns character development that keep it interesting the only bad part is the complete no ending.

now school rumble isnt that all girls and boobs lol?

[quote name='kayne2000']now school rumble isnt that all girls and boobs lol?[/QUOTE]
o_O School Rumble does have girls and fanservice, yes, but it's more goofy as it focuses on the comedic romances of two rather dense idiots.

[quote name='DNukem170']o_O School Rumble does have girls and fanservice, yes, but it's more goofy as it focuses on the comedic romances of two rather dense idiots.[/QUOTE]

isnt that every anime on some level lol?

[quote name='kayne2000']now school rumble isnt that all girls and boobs lol?[/QUOTE]
School Rumble has minimal fan service (like if they're at the beach, of course they'll start with a pan shot of the girls). It's all about school life romantic comedy. Easily one of my favorite anime.

well i got my last SAVE in the mail the other day and lucky me it didnt have the Save cover. in fact it wasnt even a SAVE looking box set at all. it came with two pull out disc cases.

[quote name='lilman']School Rumble has minimal fan service (like if they're at the beach, of course they'll start with a pan shot of the girls). It's all about school life romantic comedy. Easily one of my favorite anime.[/QUOTE]

still sounds like just about any anime out there and at the very least every anime has school life romantic comedy thrown in somewhere. i suppose its in the character development of the show then which if it is then i guess that explains it.

either that its a guilty pleasure lol.

having said that i just watched the AIR series and i have to say i am quite shocked at how good that turned out to be. fantastic from start to finish with a really stellar ending.

[quote name='kayne2000']still sounds like just about any anime out there and at the very least every anime has school life romantic comedy thrown in somewhere. i suppose its in the character development of the show then which if it is then i guess that explains it.[/QUOTE]
Looks like Funimation has the dub available for streaming. If interested you can get an idea of how the series is like from the first episode: http://www.funimation.com/school-ru...heart-love-letter-mayhem-warp-speed-on-a-bike

i still need to check out that link but i just watched Air the series and then the movie....ok yea i see why the movie is hated it is terrible compared to the series....as a stand alone movie it wasnt too bad though but having seen the series its just awful lol

bread's done
Back