FYE B1G1 free on any ONE used item YMMV? Scan Added

Cry Havoc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was looking through the weekly ads that come in the mail and FYE has a coupon for B1G1 free on any ONE used item. Good in store only. I don't know how FYE specials run, so it might be YMMV.

I have no scanner, so no image. Sorry.

Coupon expires June 16th.

Edit: First scan. Hopefully you can use this. You can kind of see through where I folded the page behind, and it's huge, so I'm working on getting smaller image.

Resized. I'm not sure how the first one works, but I printed this second one sized to the page and it looked pretty good.

I saw they had Xenosaga II for $10...thats one game I wanted to get. If I can find something else not overpriced I may go.

Nice. I've been waiting for one of these sales. Hopefully their PS3 selection is better this time than at the last 40% off used sale.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Did you get it instore or in the mail. Whats your City/State?[/quote]

I got the original in the mail, but I went there tonight and they have them in store also.

I'm in Utah. There are 4 store locations printed at the bottom of the ad, all in either Utah Valley or Salt Lake Valley.

This is the second good FYE sale that's been on AFTER I came home from college... we don't have a FYE here. And the FYE back in school had a copy of Rogue Galaxy and VP2 for $30 each! Would've been nice to snag both for $30!:bomb:

Yeah, some of their prices are terrible but their rare stuff and newer releases are pretty much on par with Ebay's prices. 50% off makes for a great deal. Someone get ahold of this coupon, PLEASE!

I'll see if there's a scanner at work tomorrow. There probably is, I've just never had a reason to use one. But if someone else can get this, feel free to post a scan yourself.

you can comp for their high prices with their high trade in prices.

for instance, I picked up Earagon 360 at GS for $20, walked a few stores down and traded it in for just under $39 in credit at FYE. Bought a 5.1 surround sound home theater speaker set with it.

Right now there are $10 DVD box sets at Best Buy with coupon (see FW or SD). Buy Firefly, the complete series for $10, get $12.50+25% in store credit at FYE.

Then abuse said coupon(s).

I was at FYE earlier this week; nothing but used garbage and new games. My store sucks.

In fact, the only games worth mentioning were Tales of Symphonia (new), Starfox Adventures (new), and Harvest Moon: A wonderful life (used). That's it which would have negated the usage of any coupon. I dont even remember seeing a 360/Wii/PS3 area, just PS2, PS1 (old crap - think Bowling, Racing, gambling two-packs), GBA, DS, GBC, XBOX, GC.

I find their used prices to be pretty good. Especially DS stuff and Wii games are also cheaper. I got Super Paper Mario 39.99 used the week it came out, plus 20% off at the time for a sale so only 32$

[quote name='Caliburn']I was at FYE earlier this week; nothing but used garbage and new games. My store sucks.
[/QUOTE]
My local FYE is the same, but these coupons are good for picking up old stuff that I've wanted to try out but just never got around to. The great thing about FYE is that the used games are complete and in very good shape.

I just picked up Psi-Ops and State of Emergency for $8 total. Not great games, but cheap enough that I shouldn't have any trouble getting my money's worth of entertainment out of them. (And, yes, I'm well aware of the abysmal reputation of State of Emergency.)

[quote name='smaaug']I find their used prices to be pretty good. Especially DS stuff and Wii games are also cheaper. I got Super Paper Mario 39.99 used the week it came out, plus 20% off at the time for a sale so only 32$[/quote]
I've seen the same in my FYEs. I picked up a used copy of Wii Play with Remote for $34.99 + tax.

So is this definitly YMMV? Im in columbus, oh btw.... I know one person said b3g1... Also funny I had never even heard of FYEs yet we have 2 located here...

Well here's a scan. I hope it's usable. I had it folded over, so it looks like you can see the other stuff behind it. It's also huge, so I'll work on getting it resized here in a second, as well as adding it to the OP.

I wonder if these are franchised and it's only good at that franchise group. Has anyone had luck using this in any store outside of those listed on the coupon?

There's no coupon code on the scan if you notice. On the 40% off coupon there was. That's gonna make this very YMMV. Anyone try this yet?

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I wonder if these are franchised and it's only good at that franchise group. Has anyone had luck using this in any store outside of those listed on the coupon?[/quote]

Just based on what I know about FYE from working mall retail for a bunch of years...all FYE stores are corporate owned. I'm fairly certain that they don't franchise.

Hey, that giftcard deal is pretty awesome, too. If you plan on spending $30+, just buy a $25 gift card to use yourself after 6/24 and you'll get $5 free. Not too shabby.

Yeah judging from their newest sales email, the only sale that isn't YMMV is the B3G1 sale. Here is a link to their advertised sales for this weekend.

[quote name='mikej012']I was looking through the weekly ads that come in the mail and FYE has a coupon for B1G1 free on any ONE used item. Good in store only. I don't know how FYE specials run, so it might be YMMV.

OK first theres a problem with this regardless of its one rule that was clearly stated on the coupon

(~PHOTOCOPIES & MECHANICAL reproductions of this coupon will not be accepted~) thats what it says so u either must search for coupon in an ad in person somewhere or have one hell of a printer that can look just as good making exact copies of money currency ~YOU MUST OWN ONE BADAZZZ PRINTER~
you guys need to read the fine print carefully cuz this kinda stuff requires nice pursuation to cashier or a dumb idiot who doesnt care behind the register.

[quote name='foxmatrix25'][quote name='mikej012']I was looking through the weekly ads that come in the mail and FYE has a coupon for B1G1 free on any ONE used item. Good in store only. I don't know how FYE specials run, so it might be YMMV.

OK first theres a problem with this regardless of its one rule that was clearly stated on the coupon

(~PHOTOCOPIES & MECHANICAL reproductions of this coupon will not be accepted~) thats what it says so u either must search for coupon in an ad in person somewhere or have one hell of a printer that can look just as good making exact copies of money currency ~YOU MUST OWN ONE BADAZZZ PRINTER~
you guys need to read the fine print carefully cuz this kinda stuff requires nice pursuation to cashier or a dumb idiot who doesnt care behind the register.[/QUOTE]
I went to 6 different stores with the 40% off coupons and I had absolutely no trouble. Others reported similar results.

So many FYE deals are YMMV or regional. Do the Regional/District Managers get to pick and choose the deals on their own?

We have 4 Fye in our local area. 2 of them are Mall Stores the othjer are superstores which used to be old media plays. I got that ad in my sunday paper and it said only good at superstore locations.

[quote name='nyprimus4']BobVilla did you just use printer paper?[/quote]

Yep, just printed it out on regular paper, and told them I found it on the internet. No problems.

[quote name='TommyD1030']Yep, just printed it out on regular paper, and told them I found it on the internet. No problems.[/QUOTE]
They are probably just glad that someone is actually buying some used games from them. At the beginning of this sale I thumbed through the games and they were the exact same ones they had back on the 40% sale. I noted which ones I was interested in and I've stopped three times and picked up a set of games. All the games I've wanted were still there.

They've got Tomb Raider Legend and FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus for $23 each. I know Dirge is crap, but I'm such a FF fanboy that I'm tempted to get it anyway. I'm going to stop in tomorrow and I'm hoping someone will have bought one of them so I won't spend the money. But, honestly, I'll be very surprised if one is gone.

bread's done
Back