FYE Black Friday Sale

[quote name='TheGoogler']can you buy the 360 deal online or do i have to camp out at fye in the morning to get that deal[/quote]

Yes I am also wondering this. Oh and do you guys think that this is the best 360 deal or is there better?

[quote name='PocariSweat']How many Xbox 360 units you think they will have?[/quote]

not enough, but im still hoping it will be online too

[quote name='davo1224']FYE is a garbage store so you people expected what exactly?

Expect the Gift Card deal to be extremely YMMV as well.[/quote]

Garbage when compared to what? AssRapeStop? Don't forget the deals you get there, the 'new' games that have been gutted and manhandled by everyone from 10 year olds to grannies, the scratched to shit discs that look like someone sneezed on them and let them dry or used them as coasters, the horrid trade values,etc, etc, etc. Shall I go on?

Personally, I'd still rather pay a little more for quality, since most/all FYE games come complete and most look like they were just opened prior to people trading them in(read: 12 year olds who leave their shit lying all over don't trade in there).

The deals ARE there to be found, such as my $14.99 used copy of Futurama for Xbox versus the $29.99 price from Gamestop. The only problem is, you have to actually LOOK for the deals and it seems many on here want the deals to be right in their face so they can just grab and go.

I've seen NUMEROUS tv show box sets either mispriced or priced lower than many other places. Hell, I saw a Bret Hart dvd set that everyone else was selling for $25-30 for $15 at FYE. Like I said though, you have to actually DIG THROUGH to FIND the deals.

And Slidecage, I do believe Demolition Man was right, they meant to have a picture of the Unforgiven PPV on the ad but someone made a boo-boo.

As for me, I'll abstain from ANY of the BF bs as usual, since I find enough deals during the rest of the year to satiate my cheapass.

[quote name='cranguy']The $10 bonus card is not exactly a gift card. It is a business card sized coupon (see below) that you can use on purchases from 1/1/08 to 1/15/08 only. No minimum purchase listed, so I assume you can get a $10 purchase for free.

ALSO, note that the "bonus cards" require you to present your receipt from your original $50 gift card purchase, so hold on to your receipts!

[/quote]

Thanks for the news. At first, I was going to get Assasin's Creed for my bro. there, but forget that now. :-({|=

[quote name='cranguy']NOTE: fye gift card deal has already started, but is a little misleading based on the so-called ad above.

My store had lots of holiday signage up for many of the deals listed above, including the "Buy $50 in gift card and get a $10 bonus card"

The $10 bonus card is not exactly a gift card. It is a business card sized coupon (see below) that you can use on purchases from 1/1/08 to 1/15/08 only. No minimum purchase listed, so I assume you can get a $10 purchase for free.

ALSO, note that the "bonus cards" require you to present your receipt from your original $50 gift card purchase, so hold on to your receipts!

ALSO, "Limit one (1) bonus card per transaction." :(

I still bought $150 in gift cards and got 3 of these free. (I spend a ton at fye.) I used one of the $50 gift cards immediately after I bought it.

Still not a bad deal IMO, but the 2-week time frame will kill this deal for a lot of people.[/QUOTE]
Can you use that sucker online, and does it indicate that you can use several on one transaction?

[quote name='slidecage']the buy 1 box set get 1 freee deal sucked. almost 90% of the items wasnt even inlcuded[/quote]

Really... I thought it was pretty good. However, I did notice that the list in store had more items than what was listed online. Overall not a bad deal, as there were many sets that I wanted, but just couldn't afford to spend the money.

I did use the deal online to pick up Prison Break Season 2 and got The Ultimate Oliver Stone Collection for free.

On a side note... FYE's instore prices are jacked beyond all belief for the sets that were included (ex. Oliver Stone set in-store was 79.99 and online is 42.99)

I laughed that the printed flyer they had in store was the same ghetto MS Paint one that first leaked. I was sure it was a mockup...... glad I didn't bet on it.

bread's done
Back