FYE.com - all simpsons seasons $9.99 each AR ($7.99 with membership)

why? i've ordered about 14 movies from FYE with MIR this past year and have gotten every single one

even without MIR its still $17.99/season

[quote name='rsigley']why? i've ordered about 14 movies from FYE with MIR this past year and have gotten every single one

even without MIR its still $17.99/season[/quote]

Well it's still a good deal, and thanks for posting. Gonna buy Season 10...this is the last good season of Simpsons right?

But still, I hate MIR!!!

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']Mail In Rebates should be banned from this site.[/QUOTE]

You mean like return fraud and bad math?

Shouldn't this say $20 each but comes with a $10 gift card? It says "Purchase any or all seasons today and receive a $10 virtual f.y.e. gift card for each season after mail-in rebate! Offer valid today only, 12/6/2007 on new product only." I'd bite but mostly everything on FYE's website is overpriced so I don't think I'd find much to buy with the gift cards..

Are all FYE mail-in-rebates redemption actually gifts cards (or credits) specific for FYE stores OR are these rebates simple currency (in the form of a check) that can be used anywhere? :bouncy:

If it's a specific FYE store gift card, then it seems like it defeats the purpose of this "special" Simpsons event because FYE prices are usually priced above retail or near retail anway for most of their products.

you can mail in the rebate and get the $10 check it doesnt take that long and their customer support is really god from what i have dealt with also if this still works for anyone then there is a coupon to get one for free it is and i just placed an order for 3 of them. if you need more than 2 or 3 then place multiple orders. good luck.

TVBOGO1107

Ordered seasons 9 and 10 for $20.99 shipped. Awesome deal.

Edit: I should pick up a few more if this price lasts. Anyone have any recommendations as to which seasons to get? 9 and 10 were my first DVD purchases for The Simpsons

[quote name='illmatic21']Ordered seasons 9 and 10 for $20.99 shipped. Awesome deal.

Edit: I should pick up a few more if this price lasts. Anyone have any recommendations as to which seasons to get? 9 and 10 were my first DVD purchases for The Simpsons[/quote]

Get season 8 and 7 as well, as those are considered some of the best stuff. Season 7 has the conclusion to the "Who shot Mr Burns" run.

Can someone send me the form for the rebate? I've got the links on my order confirmation page (order dated Dec 6th, got in just in time), but the links for the rebate are giving me 404 error. Anyone have this?

[quote name='PRMega']... the links for the rebate are giving me 404 error. Anyone have this?[/quote]

Yeah me too, That's what stopped me from purchasing a few sets in the end. Anyone got the rebate form?

[quote name='illmatic21']Ordered seasons 9 and 10 for $20.99 shipped. Awesome deal.

Edit: I should pick up a few more if this price lasts. Anyone have any recommendations as to which seasons to get? 9 and 10 were my first DVD purchases for The Simpsons[/quote]

This is an *interesting* approach.

I'm one of those individuals that collects all seasons of a show (even if one or two was not up to par). I assume most collectors are too. I think it's fitting to secure all available seasons if possible; it *ties* up the loose ends. Why skip out on one or two simply because they were not great?

I figured it defeats the purpose of collecting if you are a selective buyer. What's the purpose of owning season 1,2,3,4, then skipping 5,6,7, then starting again on season 8,9 and 10--this is of course not Simpsons specific.

I find trilogies the same way. My buddy enjoyed Ocean's 11 and 13, but thought 12 was sub-par. If purchasing the set, he'd probably get 11 and 13, and pass on 12. I don't get it. Enlighten me if you will.

oh yeah, just get ALL the simpsons season. I personally don't find any season awful at all. I think they're all superb and equivalently great. That's just me.

[quote name='cranguy']Damn.... just ordered and it's Dec 7. I think im gonna be SOL on the rebate, but I'll try anyway.[/quote]

their system goes on pacific time so you have until 3 eastern or 1.5 hours from now to order them.

[quote name='Richard18']their system goes on pacific time so you have until 3 eastern or 1.5 hours from now to order them.[/quote]The date on the order email says Dec 7 :/ any way to fix that?
Maybe I'll send them a web printout... though that could void the rebate. :/

[quote name='PRMega']Nice, thanks.

I've already got 1-7, getting 8 for Christmas, so I ordered 9 & 10 for $26.60 shipped. Take off $10 for each season, and I'd say I made out pretty damn good :) Thanks to the OP, those that posted the BOGO code, and the poster of the rebate form :)[/quote]

if you didn't notice they do offer free shipping so you could have save another ~$5 if you were to cancel and reorder.

[quote name='cranguy']The date on the order email says Dec 7 :/ any way to fix that?
Maybe I'll send them a web printout... though that could void the rebate. :/[/quote]

you can't "fix" the timestamp of an email but if you were to print it out and then then scan it in and change the info that would be another story but not necessary. in the email confirmation it has the order date and time which is all that they should look at so i think we'll be fine.

[quote name='Richard18']if you didn't notice they do offer free shipping so you could have save another ~$5 if you were to cancel and reorder.[/QUOTE]

Well, I just canceled and re-ordered a second time (old address was on file, and I rushed through to order on the 6th in East Coast time), but the deal has been sweetened :) New total: $21.59. Thanks!

[quote name='PRMega']Well, I just canceled and re-ordered a second time (old address was on file, and I rushed through to order on the 6th in East Coast time), but the deal has been sweetened :) New total: $21.59. Thanks![/quote]

your welcome. good thing you did soon because it appears to have died at 2am. the time difference was only 2 hours :wall:

[quote name='Richard18']your welcome. good thing you did soon because it appears to have died at 2am. the time difference was only 2 hours :wall:[/QUOTE]

Welp, just checked my status online -- apparently they ignored my cancellation request, and I now have two sets of both seasons 9 & 10 on the way. Bastards...looks like I'm going to have to request and RMA.

On a semi-related note, I stopped in an FYE while I was at the mall yesterday, and noticed they still have the BOGO on Fox tv series. The only problem? All seasons of The Simpsons and Family Guy were marked fifty fucking dollars each! I've always known they had ridiculous pricing, but that's more the double the price of their own website.

[quote name='PRMega']Welp, just checked my status online -- apparently they ignored my cancellation request, and I now have two sets of both seasons 9 & 10 on the way. Bastards...looks like I'm going to have to request and RMA.

On a semi-related note, I stopped in an FYE while I was at the mall yesterday, and noticed they still have the BOGO on Fox tv series. The only problem? All seasons of The Simpsons and Family Guy were marked fifty fucking dollars each! I've always known they had ridiculous pricing, but that's more the double the price of their own website.[/quote]
That's FYE/Suncoast for you. :(

I have noticed that whenever their *sale* (and I'll use the term loosely) event comes along, they take measures to ensure their products are marked *back up* to retail and often times even more than retail. What a *sale* huh?

People really need to learn to shop around for the better deal; it sometimes hurtgoto see mall goers *fall* for their lame sales when they well could have acquired the same title at say Walmart, Best Buy, Target, Circuit City, etc *normally* at less than FYE/Suncoast's tagged *sale* prices.

Yes, sometimes they do have products that actually fall under the definition of sale and are indeed bargain, but these are usually few and far in between.

bread's done
Back