FYE: Games Rebates--save $10 to $100 on games and systems

[quote name='jgamezcua']Found a lego batman PS2 in store w/ the 10% member discount and $70 rebate.

$64.99 after rebate is a nice price for the bundle[/QUOTE]

I thought the 10% member discount didn't work on systems. Did it apply automatically?

[quote name='Josef']I thought the 10% member discount didn't work on systems. Did it apply automatically?[/quote]

Correct, they manually adjusted the price to 134.99 after I showed them the online member price.

[quote name='jgamezcua']Found a lego batman PS2 in store w/ the 10% member discount and $70 rebate.

$64.99 after rebate is a nice price for the bundle[/quote]

"Send: fye.com order confirmation email dated 02/25/09 - 03/24/09 and packing slip."
"Valid only at fye.com."

How do you know this works for in-store purchases? Thx.

[quote name='The End']I dont think that I've ever bought anything at FYE. How exactly does one become a "member"?[/QUOTE]

you get a backstage pass

Thanks for the reply. I see on the website it says that you need to sign up in store. I guess what I really want to know is if I need to pay a fee to become a member (like getting an edge card at Gamestop), or do I simply need to sign up?

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']Isn't FYE terrible with rebates? I would totally hop on that PS2 deal since my PS3 isn't backwards compatible.[/QUOTE]

No, just make a copy of everything and you will be fine.

[quote name='Organ Donor']What do you mean?

$65 is an great deal on that PS2 bundle.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='The End']Thanks for the reply. I see on the website it says that you need to sign up in store. I guess what I really want to know is if I need to pay a fee to become a member (like getting an edge card at Gamestop), or do I simply need to sign up?[/QUOTE]

It is like their version of Edge card, but you get 10% off all purchase

Thanks again for the reply 62t.

I guess the next logical question is, how much does it cost to sign up? Anybody know?

[quote name='62t']
It is like their version of Edge card, but you get 10% off all purchase[/quote]Somebody should mention that it costs $25 for a year. That could be a big surprise.

I shop there a ton, so it's worth it for me. Keep in mind it's only going to save you money if you spend $250+ a year at fye/Suncoast.

(Some stores are currently running a promo that you can trade in your old Circuit City gamer's card for a free Backstage Pass.)

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']Isn't FYE terrible with rebates?[/quote]

They've been reliable and relatively quick in my experience.

For a PS2 bundle, though, tax on $150 plus shipping is making me sad.

Wish I would have found one at the CC liquidation, but they had zilch from the get go. (Maybe they'd have lasted a bit longer if they'd gone easier on the GH merch and stocked a few PS2s).

[quote name='metallicoholic']This isn't a fantastic deal but still worth mention. FYE is offering $10, $20, $30, $50, and $100 rebates on some games and systems. For example, the Xbox 360 Elite is $299.99.

http://www.fye.com/Games-Rebates-P3_stcVVcatId480249VVviewcat.htm?extid=FYE_EML_20090309_BSP
pixel.gif

[/quote]

Thanks fior the share.

[quote name='gantt']"Send: fye.com order confirmation email dated 02/25/09 - 03/24/09 and packing slip."
"Valid only at fye.com."

How do you know this works for in-store purchases? Thx.[/quote]

That's for online orders only.

The instore rebate is the standard: copy of receipt, filled out rebate form and UPC.

The instore rebate form is for the same time frame though: 2/25/09 to 3/24/09.

I know it works in-store (at least for the lego batman PS2) because I bought it yesterday and submitted the $70 rebate yesterday.

I've never had rebate problems with FYE, little slow sometimes, but always arrives. Plus you can track your rebate online if it makes you feel better.

FYI, the in-store rebate form does stipulate that rebates over $19.99 are provided as a visa pre-paid card.

As far as the rebate processing speed is concerned their rebate site www.fyerebates.com says the total time is 10 - 12 WEEKS, so you have to be patient. I was thinking of getting a PSP from there since it has a $30 rebate. If you check the rebate site a little you will also see that there are more rebates for systems purchased in the store than online since they don't seem to have a lot of things in stock online. I hope this was helpful.

[quote name='jgamezcua']The instore rebate is the standard: copy of receipt, filled out rebate form and UPC.

The instore rebate form is for the same time frame though: 2/25/09 to 3/24/09.

I know it works in-store (at least for the lego batman PS2) because I bought it yesterday and submitted the $70 rebate yesterday.[/quote]

Thanks. I assume the in-store rebate form prints at the register along with your receipt.

[quote name='gantt']Thanks. I assume the in-store rebate form prints at the register along with your receipt.[/quote]

Yep, you got it. Assuming you buy it before the end of the expiration period.

In case it wasn't clear already FYE is VERY good with rebates. I've been doing them for years and have never had a problem. They get processed right away and are trackable online. They used to actually send you checks but now send gift cards instead. Still good though.

[quote name='rarebucky']In case it wasn't clear already FYE is VERY good with rebates. I've been doing them for years and have never had a problem. They get processed right away and are trackable online. They used to actually send you checks but now send gift cards instead. Still good though.[/QUOTE]

They still send you checks when the amount is under $20. I just got two $7 rebate checks from them in the last two weeks.

[quote name='cranguy']Here's a PDF of the rebate form for most of the current MIRs, In case you didn't get a register printout:
http://www.fye.com/rebates/fye/gamesperiod3.pdf[/quote]

That's the form I cited above that states "fye.com" only. It might work for B&M purchases, but there'd be little grounds for argument if they rejected it.

[quote name='jgamezcua']That's for online orders only.

The instore rebate is the standard: copy of receipt, filled out rebate form and UPC.

[/quote]

UPC? Do you have to actually cut it out of the game's insert or can you just photo copy it?

Usually FYE will accept the price sticker as the UPC (if you don't want to cut it out), but they won't take photocopies.

bread's done
Back