FYE or EB?

majinvegeta-88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
After all the recent sales I have quite a few games that I am wanting to trade in towards a psp pre-order. Would I be better off going with FYE or EBgames? which would give me better trade in value overall?

I'd go with EB for 3 reasons. The first being that you know your getting at least $5 per game there, sometimes a little more, FYE has dropped some of their games down to a penny lately. The second is that EB is a company that isn't going to be going out of business anytime soon, FYE on the other hand just recently, abruptly closed a number of store and may have more on the way for all we know. And finally, you know that EB is going to be carrying the system and games when it releases, FYE on the other hand could go either way and even if they do carry might not have it one release day.

It depends on the games. If you have alot of older games (non sports) fye can give you any where between 6-11 dollars (with the exception of a few lower value games). But ebgives you more for new games (1-3 months old)

Well EB will give you an extra $10 for every 2 non-sport games, and if you trade in 5 PO games you get a $50 preorder towards select new games coming out in March (Including DvC3)

Head-to head, FYE kills EB in trade in credit, but if you know how to work EB's promotions, you can actually come out ahead most of the time.

What games did you pick up anyways?

[quote name='Scahom1']Well EB will give you an extra $10 for every 2 non-sport games, and if you trade in 5 PO games you get a $50 preorder towards select new games coming out in March (Including DvC3)

Head-to head, FYE kills EB in trade in credit, but if you know how to work EB's promotions, you can actually come out ahead most of the time.

What games did you pick up anyways?[/quote]

just a bunch of crappy ones like primal, black & bruised, legends of wrestling 2, terminator 4, mojo, ejay's club world, barbarian, haunted mansion, gladiator, and some others

[quote name='RedvsBlue'] The first being that you know your getting at least $5 per game there, sometimes a little more, FYE has dropped some of their games down to a penny lately. [/quote]

The only reason those games are ringing up at 1 penny in credit at FYE is because your store has too many of them. They are not 1 penny at every FYE location.

Ok...so looks like most of those are going to be POX. But with the $10 bonus, you still should make a good profit from what you paid at TRU.

So you figure each game (besides the wrestling) will be $5-7 at EB. Head over to FYE and have them check the trade in prices of the games. Most will probably average around that price, but sometimes FYE gives very bizzare trade in credit (like $27 for a game that retails for $20 at EB) so it's worth a shot to check out what they offer.

At $5-7 per game (EB), it's probably gonna end up about even for both places.

I would go with FYE if their something u want right their and than, I traded in 5 copies of locus challenge and got 18.00 a piece, and I got them from TRU 90% off, only paid 2.00 each

I'd go FYE. I took in about 20 older games from my collection this week (not TRU games, but old cheap games like spyhunter, rogue ops...). EB offered $96 (several titles were excluded from the trade 2 get $10 (even though there's supposed to be no exclusions) I said no thanks and went to FYE with the same games, they gave me $173. Go to FYE.

I tend to favor EB but mostly because I like to buy stuff off their website. I traded some games at FYE but there wasn't much to do with the credit . . . the game selection was lame and overpriced.

I did get the Star Wars trilogy for about $12 out of pocket.

Then again, I got Steel Battalion at EB for about $40 out of pocket.

Why don't you try both? I agree that you should cash in quick with FYE.

If you want a PSP . . . that might work.

[quote name='majinvegeta-88']Is FYE going to get PSPs for sure?[/quote]

See that's my biggest reasoning for going with EB, I'm just not sure if FYE is going to have them. With as expensive as they are its kind of a tossup. That and the fact that FYE NEVER gets things on their release day with the exception of movies and music. My local FYE didn't get the DS until about 2 weeks after release. Not sure if it makes a difference to you but I really want to get mine on launch.

I just picked up 10 copes of ejay club world at toys r us, for about 80 cents, FYE offers 4$ for each one, so Im trading them in tommoprow, and said I can trade in 4 of a single game, and I am also taking in 4 copies of XIII which go for 7.50 each at FYE credit, and a bunch of other games, going to pick up a postable DVD player, 5 inch screen DVD player, 49.99 plus has a 30$ mail in rebate so 19.99 after its al said and done :)

[quote name='mofo1115']hmm does fye take non complete games?[/quote]

I don't know if they take non complete games. But I will say that the games you bring to FYE must be pretty much pristine. From my experiences they are real funny about even the slightest surface scratches on disks.

[quote name='ChrisXE']I just picked up 10 copes of ejay club world at toys r us, for about 80 cents, FYE offers 4$ for each one, so Im trading them in tommoprow, and said I can trade in 4 of a single game, and I am also taking in 4 copies of XIII which go for 7.50 each at FYE credit, and a bunch of other games, going to pick up a postable DVD player, 5 inch screen DVD player, 49.99 plus has a 30$ mail in rebate so 19.99 after its al said and done :)[/quote]

Good luck.

[quote name='majinvegeta-88']thanx for all the input guys I ended up going to FYE and paid off my psp[/quote]

If you don't mind, could you post any outstanding prices on the games you've recieved? Any particular title that wouldn't get squat at EB or GS trade in for $15 or more?

FYE OR EB?
if u have lotsa old games that trade for around 5.00 at fye, e.g. sled storm or savage skies, go to ebgames. they have the best sales anyhow.

however, fye is the way to go. At my wherehouse they won't let u put store credit on a gift card, but you can at the fye by me so that u can buy stuff from their MASSIVE website of stuff. it seems like an amazon.com with books and all that good stuff. some books i've seen for 20.00 are actually discounted. the games have rebates on them sometimes in the 10.00 and up amount. i believe they send you a check, so there's a way to get money back in cash form instead of store credit...;)

they have champions of norrath 50% off right now and socom 2 5$ off.

http://shop.fye.com/store.aspx?loc=57396

I called them and they said store credit/ and maybe gift cards are good at wherehouse and fye. Even east coast stores strawberries and coconuts if ur going over there.

Also, there are some really good games trading over 10.00 if you look at the fye trad-in price list around these forums

[quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='majinvegeta-88']thanx for all the input guys I ended up going to FYE and paid off my psp[/quote]

If you don't mind, could you post any outstanding prices on the games you've recieved? Any particular title that wouldn't get squat at EB or GS trade in for $15 or more?[/quote]

nothing too outstanding

legends of wrestling 2 $9
backyard Wrestling $11
Haunted Mansion $15
Gladiator $10

bread's done
Back