Fye Ps2 67.99 Xbox 360 Elite 299.99 Xbox 360 Games 50% off May 30-31st Nationwide

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Not sure if this is YMMV or not but at the fye in port chester, ny they got a sign

Ps2 slim Brand new 99.99-32.00 rebate final price 67.99
Xbox 360 Elite 399.99-100.00 rebate final price 299.99

I thought those were pretty good deals especially on the ps2.

Confirmed locations doing this sale so far:

Port Chester, NY
Parma, OH
Mansfield, OH

According to a poster on this thread they were told by an Fye store this was nationwide however not all fyes sell games so double check

ok its 50% off new games 29.99 or less

used buy 3 get the 4th free

you can really make out on some of these cause some of the new games at 50% off pass the used the prices for example

prince caspin 22.99 used, however new version after 50% off 12.60

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tankass']is it me or is 50 off better than buy3 get 1 free?[/QUOTE]

by the wording it sounded like the 2 offers were combined

[quote name='tankass']is it me or is 50 off better than buy3 get 1 free?[/QUOTE]

From what I can tell they stack. Buy 3 $29.99 games at $15 each get a 4th one free. So it comes to around 11.25 for each game. I wonder if this is his store only. I'm pretty sure it is, but that would be a nice deal if it wasn't. If the OP wants to do some favors for some CAGs he might be able to hook me up with Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection for $20 shipped :bouncy:

they stack so its 50% off and u can by 3 and get the 4th free uh i can take a look and see if anyone wants me to look for things i have paypal so $20 shipped would be fine for that sonic game if they got it

[quote name='Jinchuriki']source??[/QUOTE]

2zg93x5.jpg

Called my FYE...they don't even sell games...that sucks. If anyone can find a copy of SUGC for the 360 I'll PayPal them $20 for it.

Raiden Fighters Aces would be another good title to pick up at $10. The PS2 slim for $68 is tempting. I was thinking of picking up a slim to replace my launch fatty ps2 from October 2000 when they hit the $50 range and this is getting close. I wonder if Sony will announce an official Sony brand PS2 clip on LCD screen for the PS2 slim ala the PSone slim/screen combo pack? It would make a pretty sweet system for the road.

No one has mentioned it yet, but in case it matters to anyone it does say "Used" games are buy 3 get 1 free. The 50% off looks like it applies to new and used.

If you have a FYE that doesnt sell used games it may not be worth your time investigating.

I went down to the local FYE and found that they were not running this sale. The manager didn't know anything about it. I scanned some sub-$30 360 games and they all came up at their regular price.

However, they did have new copies of Halo 3 at $5 after MIR.

Thanks OP! Just picked up a pro at union station in Washington, DC. They tried to give me some malarky about having to also buy two xbox accessories or games despite the sign in the window that clearly listed the price after MIR and said nothing about having to buy anything else. I fought them on it and the manager sold it to me w/o additional purchases.

[quote name='DigitalKitsune']Confirmed in Arlington, VA.[/QUOTE]

Just back from Arlington VA (Ballston Mall). They are running the 50% off Xbox 360 games < $30 sale, but (at least at this location) it's only for new games, not used. The signs don't specify new only, but I didn't bother fighting it since I only found one used game I wanted and there was a long line of testy customers behind me.

Also, the 50% off evidently does not stack with any other "sale" price stickers on the games (so it's 50% off of whatever the "regular" price is).

Finally, be aware the FYE's MIRs require you to cut the UPC off of your games, which is pretty lame. Also, their MIR system sucks (though that didn't stop me from trying again here ...)

So has anyone had any luck finding any newer good games for 30 bucks? (Stuff like Sonic Genesis Collection, or games like those that only sold for 30 dollars when they came out)

If anyone is still wondering, it seems to be all FYE's including superstores. Guess only new games though, but probably still worth checking.

[quote name='dfo']
Finally, be aware the FYE's MIRs require you to cut the UPC off of your games, which is pretty lame. Also, their MIR system sucks (though that didn't stop me from trying again here ...)[/QUOTE]

No, you do not have to cut the UPCs off for FYE MIRs. Simply use the FYE price sticker (w/ the barcode) and send that in for each game / system instead of the actual UPC. I did this a few months ago for the DS game rebates, got the full rebate for all four game stickers I submitted. If a game doesn't have an FYE sticker, you can simply ask the cashier to print one out - had to do this as well, it's very easy.

I had a positive experience w/ FYE's MIR system, though I'd much rather receive a check than a VISA cash/debit card.

Wow..

ok so i go in there and im thinking 50% off used buy 3 get 4th free.

So i pick up the following

Golden Compass 7.99
Eragon 9.99
Legendary 14.99
Prince Casapin 22.99

So im thinking ill get golden compass free and the rest would be 50% off so i go to the register and it rings up $46.00 or so and im like uh 50% off? and their like you got golden compass free prince was 22.99 legendary 14.99 eragon 9.99 and im like uh ok then whats 50% off so their like thats on new games and im like really?

So i go to the new shelf

i see prince caspin 27.99 so at 50% off thats 13.99 and i bring it up and their like how can the new version be 13.99 but the used 22.99 and im like thats what you told me and their like i cant sell you the new version for 13.99 when the used is 22.99 thats not fair and im like you did say its 50% off didnt you and the girl is like yes and im like then ask a manager so while shes doing that i go back. I see spiderman 3 its marked 36.99 yet it has this sticker "on sale 9.99" so i bring it back and im like this is $5 right and shes like no its 50% off the 36.99 price and im like how is that fair its $18.50 with 50% off and voids the 9.99 price? and shes like uhhhhhhhh so she rings it up and is like see 36.99 then the manager is like its 9.99 on the sticker what dont you understand! So 9.99 and 50% off is 4.99 or so.

Then you can use your backstage pass for 10% more off.

Therefore my totals were

Prince Caspin Sealed 12.60
Spiderman 3 4.49
Total 17.09
Tax 1.26
Grand Total 18.35

Not bad for 2 games that retail for 29.99 each at gamestop

[quote name='anthonyd46']Wow..

Golden Compass 7.99
Eragon 9.99
Legendary 14.99
Prince Casapin 22.99

So im thinking ill get golden compass free and the rest would be 50% off so i go to the register and it rings up $46.00 or so and im like uh 50% off? and their like you got golden compass free prince was 22.99 legendary 14.99 eragon 9.99 and im like uh ok then whats 50% off so their like thats on new games and im like really?

So i go to the new shelf

i see prince caspin 27.99 so at 50% off thats 13.99 and i bring it up and their like how can the new version be 13.99 but the used 22.99 and im like thats what you told me and their like i cant sell you the new version for 13.99 when the used is 22.99 thats not fair and im like you did say its 50% off didnt you and the girl is like yes and im like then ask a manager so while shes doing that i go back. I see spiderman 3 its marked 36.99 yet it has this sticker "on sale 9.99" so i bring it back and im like this is $5 right and shes like no its 50% off the 36.99 price and im like how is that fair its $18.50 with 50% off and voids the 9.99 price? and shes like uhhhhhhhh so she rings it up and is like see 36.99 then the manager is like its 9.99 on the sticker what dont you understand! So 9.99 and 50% off is 4.99 or so.

Therefore my totals were

Spiderman 3 4.49
Total 17.09
Tax 1.26
Grand Total 18.35

Not bad for 2 games that retail for 29.99 each at gamestop[/QUOTE]

OMG, like, are you serious?

[quote name='anthonyd46']Wow..

Golden Compass 7.99
Eragon 9.99
Legendary 14.99
Prince Casapin 22.99

So i go to the new shelf

Therefore my totals were

Spiderman 3 4.49
Total 17.09
Tax 1.26
Grand Total 18.35

Not bad for 2 games that retail for 29.99 each at gamestop[/QUOTE]

Those games suck balls

Went to 3 FYEs (Tyrone Mall, Countryside Mall, Citrus Park). The selection was pretty much garbage BUT one of them (Citrus Park) had a flyer (the others might have too but didn't think to check) which I snatched and proceeded to PM to BestBuy. Ended up with:

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection ($15 after discount)
Trivial Pursuit ($15 after discount)
Mirror's Edge ($15 after discount... Not bad considering I missed this at Target)
The Orange Box ($10 after discount)

All for $58.82. Thanks OP!

No luck at the FYE on Beach Blvd in Huntington Beach, CA. I think it was mainly because nearly everything they had (Games, DVDs, CDs) were all used. Only saw a few new items overall throughout the whole store. They did have a bin of used Xbox, 360, and Ps2 games w/ cases & manuals for $5-10 each. In the same bin they had quite a few PSOne, Xbox, Ps2, and Dreamcast disc only games (they were in jewel cases) for only $3 each. Looked through all of them, but didn't really find anything I wanted.

Rodie I was at citrus to. Picked up lost odyssey for 13. Nothing else good in their. Did pick up a GTA double pack for xbox two days ago for 10

[quote name='soccerboy09']Rodie I was at citrus to. Picked up lost odyssey for 13. Nothing else good in their. Did pick up a GTA double pack for xbox two days ago for 10[/QUOTE]

Ha small world. Yeah I wasn't really feeling the selection either but I went later in the day (7ish) so who knows what it was like earlier.

[quote name='Thrinn']I went down to the local FYE and found that they were not running this sale. The manager didn't know anything about it. I scanned some sub-$30 360 games and they all came up at their regular price.

However, they did have new copies of Halo 3 at $5 after MIR.[/QUOTE]

Employees at my store were clueless also, but the sale was on...

Just so you know.....all the GC,XB,GBA games are also 75%

I gots:

Super robot Taisen 2: $7
Tales of Phantasia: $7
FFlV :$7
Wave Race Blue Storm: $10
Baten Kaitos Origins : $5
Full Spectrum Warrior: 2.50

From the Xb360

Mercenaries 2 : $10
Assassins Creed:$15
Project Silpheed:$15
Mirrors Edge: $15

A little out of the way for me ever since all the Manhattan stores closed, but visited the Ralph Ave., Brooklyn store and managed to score a few titles:

Halo 3 ($4.99 after rebate)
Dirt $15
Sonic Sega Genesis Collection $15
Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion GOTY Edition $15

The last 2, unfortunately, was previously opened but new. Only a slight nick on Oblivion's second disk has me a little worried. Other than that, well worth the trip.

[quote name='consoleman']A little out of the way for me ever since all the Manhattan stores closed, but visited the Ralph Ave., Brooklyn store and managed to score a few titles:

Halo 3 ($4.99 after rebate)
Dirt $15
Sonic Sega Genesis Collection $15
Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion GOTY Edition $15

The last 2, unfortunately, was previously opened but new. Only a slight nick on Oblivion's second disk has me a little worried. Other than that, well worth the trip.[/QUOTE]

If I remember right the second disk is just an install disk for the expansion, so you can easily check if the disk is bad or not.

[quote name='Rerujnoc']If I remember right the second disk is just an install disk for the expansion, so you can easily check if the disk is bad or not.[/QUOTE]

Yup, it is, and it only installs to the hard drive, you can't play it from the disc. So just run the installer for it now, and if it installs ok, you don't have a problem.

Hm, I'll have to go check this out at the FYE near me tomorrow, though right off I don't remember them having much of anything worthwhile that was $29.99 or under anyway. Unless they specifically got in new stock for the sale?

[quote name='Oswald9599']Just so you know.....all the GC,XB,GBA games are also 75%[/QUOTE]
I can confirm this also. It ends tomorrow though! I also am lucky since the FYE near me sells all those at 50% off anyway because all the other stores in this area sent them to my store to liquidate them. I dropped a decent amount of $ and came home with about 18 ps2, 4 gba, & 69 xbox games!:roll::cool:
I did not realize the 360 games were half off though:bomb: Dammit, guess I'll be going back tomorrow!

[quote name='smarkbran']Those games suck balls[/QUOTE]

i bought them for achievments obviously i was debating legendary which also has the 27.99 price tag then half off so woulda been 12.60 also but not else in the 29.99 bin really appealed to me

Tested out the second disk of Oblivion GOTY and it installs fine. Always appreciative of fellow gamers for the info.

Just for anyone interested, a few notables still there when I left the store were Lost Odyssey, Viva Pinata and Lego Star Wars. I was hoping to score Burnout Paradise or Mass Effect, but no luck. If anyone has any info on the Myrtle Ave., Bklyn or Bayside, Queens stores that's worth making a trip for, I'll appreciate it.

Thanks for the info guys. I guess I'll go to my local FYE later today and see what they have. This FYE is in a mall that doesn't get much traffic, so here's hoping for a good deal!

bread's done
Back