Fye Ps2 67.99 Xbox 360 Elite 299.99 Xbox 360 Games 50% off May 30-31st Nationwide

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Not sure if this is YMMV or not but at the fye in port chester, ny they got a sign

Ps2 slim Brand new 99.99-32.00 rebate final price 67.99
Xbox 360 Elite 399.99-100.00 rebate final price 299.99

I thought those were pretty good deals especially on the ps2.

Confirmed locations doing this sale so far:

Port Chester, NY
Parma, OH
Mansfield, OH

According to a poster on this thread they were told by an Fye store this was nationwide however not all fyes sell games so double check

ok its 50% off new games 29.99 or less

used buy 3 get the 4th free

you can really make out on some of these cause some of the new games at 50% off pass the used the prices for example

prince caspin 22.99 used, however new version after 50% off 12.60

Last edited by a moderator:
even though the game is terrible, i noticed that lost has a twenty dollar MIB and at fifty percent off, it came out to 13.50 with that backstage pass deal. do the math, they are actually paying you to take the game. confirmed in buff city, BTW

My g/f and I are going to be checking this out today at our local FYE, with the intent of buying her an Elite, but we'll be specifically looking for a Jasper and a few games. I'll let you know how it goes.

~HotShotX

Thanks OP, they were running it out here in west PA. Had no clue it was going on! I picked up the Sonic Collection for $14.99 and the Fallout Addon Double Pack for $9.99. Thanks again for the heads up.

Confirmed.

Games selection was rather sparse, but the FYE in Merritt Island, FL is running both the 360 deal and the Halo 3 AR deals. The consoles on sale are all Falcon chipsets, and come with the the Lego Indy / Kung Fu Panda bundle.

Either way, HotShotX and I scored the following:

XBox 360 Elite Console (Man. date 4/15/08) - $399 w/ $100 Rebate
Halo 3 - $29.99 w/ $25 Rebate

Total Savings: $125 After Rebate

My local store was doing the deal, but, for some strange reason, the Fallout 3 DLC disc wasn't included in the sale at my location. The register rang the Fallout DLC disc up as $20, and I didn't feel like pushing the issue. Picked up Ultimate Genesis Collection for $15 and All Pro Football 2K8 for $5. Thanks OP!

[quote name='riddler']anyone know if they are doing this at the fullerton, ca location?[/QUOTE]

This is the last day for the sale. Either call them up or go yourself because you are going to miss out waiting for a response.

And no, they are not probably picked clean. My FYE had a good number of consoles, not so much on games, but they hardly stock any anyway.

~HotShotX

[quote name='riddler']anyone know if they are doing this at the fullerton, ca location?[/QUOTE]

This is the last day for the sale. Either call them up or go yourself because you are going to miss out waiting for a response.

And no, they are not probably picked clean. My FYE had a good number of consoles, not so much on games, but they hardly stock any anyway.

~HotShotX

Got these at the FYE in Roosevelt Field mall (Garden City, NY):
Mirror's Edge (360) [sealed, new]: $15
Bully: Scholarship Edition (360) [gutted, complete w/ manual, works fine]: $10
Mercenaries 2 (360) [gutted, complete w/ manual, works fine]: $10

didnt do too bad in central NJ

Battlefield: Bad Company $8.99
Dirt $13.50
Orange Box $8.99
Original Halo $2.25

the lady signed me up for the backstage pass for a free 30 day trial, which got me another 10% off, plus i get a $20 gift card for signing up, just got to remember to cancel in 3 weeks lol

picked up Lost: $15 with $20 rebate,
Devil may cry 4 $15 with $10 rebate,
table tennis for $10
halo 3 for $30 with $25 rebate,
After the backstage pass discount, I will only pay about $15 for all of them. NICE!!!

Tysons Corner, VA hadn't heard of the sale. I had to argue a little bit to get them to check on it, and then wait for about 20 minutes while the manager called other stores and the corporate office. Eventually she came through with it though.

Picked up:

:360: Tomb Raider Legend $15
:360: Ninja Gaiden 2 $15
:360: Earth Defense Force 2017 $10
:360: Stranglehold Collector's Edition $10
:360: Popcap Arcade Volume 1 $10
:gc: Geist $2.50

The guy gave me the rebate form for Ninja Gaiden 2 and Tomb Raider Legends, but since they actually rang up at $15 on the receipt, rather than being discounted after, he wasn't sure whether the rebate would actually work or not. I'll probably send it anyway just for the hell of it and see.

I would have really liked to have picked up Mirror's Edge, but they were still showing it as a $59.99 game for some reason. Oh well.

Also was very tempted by Legendary because it looks awesome on the box, but saw that it only had a score of 47 on Metacritic, so decided to stay away. I know the Metacritic scores aren't always all that accurate, though (I've gotten games that have been rated badly on there that I've really liked, and games that were rated highly on there that I hated). Anyone know if this one's any good or not?

Here's a long-winded summary of my super fun FYE experience today for anyone who wants a good read:

-I head to the local FYE when the mall opens today. I pick up Sonic's Genesis Collection, Lost Planet CE, Morrowind GOTY, Batman: Rise of Shin Tsu CE, and Halo 3(this was when I still thought it was $15 after rebate before hopping on CAG here and seeing likewise).

-While looking at games, I finally stumble upon their new PS2 games that I had previously assumed were shipped back to corporate when I went to try and take advantage of their B1G1 sale a couple weeks ago. They were tossed all willy-nilly in a giant box by the counter. Whoopee.

-I take my games to the register, asking employee A if they have any PS2s, and if the rebate is still in effect. She looks confused, and asks employee B to go check the back while she tries to find out about the rebate... employee C gets the various game discs from behind the counter. Ten minutes later they confirm the rebate and find one last PS2 in the backroom.

-I ask employee A about the sidewalk sale to make sure it's still in effect. I get a puzzled look. I try and explain the sale, so they decide to look into it. After a good ten minutes of investigation we find that whoever is supposed to send the store an email about the sale DID NOT, but they will still honer the deal so that works for me. I'm not even going to bother asking about the B3G1 though.

-Oops, they can't find Batman. Ahh, that's a shame but I tell them it's fine we'll just carry on.

-Oh wait, no Halo 3 either. Well, they DO have Halo 3, but the sticker says its for a used copy(even though there wasn't a used case on the display shelf). Well, I guess I can't get that either.

-I leave the store, do some chores, and eventually come home to check out my haul. The first downer comes when I see everyone on CAG here talking about how Halo 3 is only $5 after the rebate, not $15... maybe I should have tried to get that used disc in the new case. The second downer comes when I realize they only gave me the bonus disc for Lost Planet. Shit.

-It's 5:30, the store closes in a half hour, but I figure I can make it so I set off to get my LP disc, plus I figured I would return my PS2(I don't know why I bought it in the first place). I arrive, employees B and C are still there. I tell them I want to do a return and get my missing disc, no real problems there(thank god they actually had the disc!).

-I figure I should try for Halo 3, but they won't sell the "used" disc with the new case. I mean really... you don't have a box for the used disc, and you don't have a disc for the new case, a coincidence perhaps?

-I ask if the B1G1 is still going on. "As far as I know" says employee B. I return to the box of long-lost PS2 games, and pick up Wild Arms 5 and Alteir Iriis 3. That'll bring them to $15 each, not too shabby.

-Would you believe me if I told you they couldn't find the discs for either of the games? Employee B sighs and says "look, all I can say is try and find some other games". Whether it was a volitale comment towards me or if they were just upset over the whole thing or both even, I'm not sure. It didn't really make me happy either way.

-Giving up, I walk out the store, and thank employee C for their help, who is playing with their phone. "uh-huh" is all she says.

So in short, I had an AWESOME time! Thanks FYE!

[quote name='eastshore4']Lots of crappy stuff[/QUOTE]

That sucks man. I had found a case for Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection but they couldn't find the game (but I wasn't thrilled with their games being opened either). Because it was the game I was most interested in getting, I was disappointed, but after a trip to BestBuy with one of their flyers I left much happier :D.

[quote name='screwkick']hope this is true. will check it out. thanks for the heads up op.[/QUOTE]

Check the dates -- you missed it, May 30th and 31st only.

[quote name='TrueBlueLS']I picked up a copy of Trivia Pursuit for $15. I had to mention the sale the girl who was rather dumbfounded by it.[/QUOTE]

I swear fye employees have the brain of a peanut sometimes even though they had about 6-8 carts on the side walk some ppl were totally un aware there was a sale

[quote name='arcane93']Tysons Corner, VA hadn't heard of the sale. I had to argue a little bit to get them to check on it, and then wait for about 20 minutes while the manager called other stores and the corporate office. Eventually she came through with it though.

Picked up:

:360: Tomb Raider Legend $15
:360: Ninja Gaiden 2 $15
:360: Earth Defense Force 2017 $10
:360: Stranglehold Collector's Edition $10
:360: Popcap Arcade Volume 1 $10
:gc: Geist $2.50

The guy gave me the rebate form for Ninja Gaiden 2 and Tomb Raider Legends, but since they actually rang up at $15 on the receipt, rather than being discounted after, he wasn't sure whether the rebate would actually work or not. I'll probably send it anyway just for the hell of it and see.

I would have really liked to have picked up Mirror's Edge, but they were still showing it as a $59.99 game for some reason. Oh well.

Also was very tempted by Legendary because it looks awesome on the box, but saw that it only had a score of 47 on Metacritic, so decided to stay away. I know the Metacritic scores aren't always all that accurate, though (I've gotten games that have been rated badly on there that I've really liked, and games that were rated highly on there that I hated). Anyone know if this one's any good or not?[/QUOTE]

Really? Tysons? The GM is a pretty good guy and he's usually up on this stuff. I had this set up at my store friday morning. Legendary is a very linear shooter...Im talking super linear. Its not as good as it looks though, the visuals are much better than the gameplay and overall story.

[quote name='arcane93']Tysons Corner, VA hadn't heard of the sale. I had to argue a little bit to get them to check on it, and then wait for about 20 minutes while the manager called other stores and the corporate office. Eventually she came through with it though.
I would have really liked to have picked up Mirror's Edge, but they were still showing it as a $59.99 game for some reason. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Oswald9599']Really? Tysons? The GM is a pretty good guy and he's usually up on this stuff. I had this set up at my store friday morning. [/QUOTE]

Whether thanks to arcane's experience or the fact that, as oswald points out, they're generally good at Tyson's, I made out well there despite arriving moments before they closed (of course, when I called in the afternoon to ask their hours, they said 7:30, not 7:00, but whatever).

Arcane, I must have seen the same copy of Mirror's Edge as you did. Despite it being labeled as $59.99, I took it up front, where it rang up for $15.00. I think the difference is: games with price drops to 29.99 or less- discount; games on sale for 29.99 or less - no discount. Of course, it's moot now and that theory could be totally wrong.

More interesting question is how this will affect rebates. It would seem that all rebates that printed out should be valid. Lost Odyssey half-priced at $15 still printed out a $10 rebate. Fable II marked down from $59.99 to $39.99 (not part of the 50% off deal, just a price drop) printed with $20 rebate. Rock Revolution Bundle printed out for $50, which would make it FAR or better- I think that once my VIP discount got factored in, I dipped below the $50 mark.

There were other FAR or better deals- for example, a cheapo mp3 player at $20 came out to $18 after VIP discount and printed out a $20 rebate form.

I don't have the rebate forms in front of me, but I don't remember seeing anything that would indicate any justification for not honoring any of them.

Anyways, I picked up all of the above and more. Great work by whoever found and posted this deal!

[quote name='Oswald9599']Really? Tysons? The GM is a pretty good guy and he's usually up on this stuff. I had this set up at my store friday morning. Legendary is a very linear shooter...Im talking super linear. Its not as good as it looks though, the visuals are much better than the gameplay and overall story.[/QUOTE]

The manager on duty was an older woman. At first I talked to a younger employee, who looked all over for info on a mail-in rebate, despite my telling him that I wasn't talking about that. Then he went and got her, and she again went looking for the mail-in rebate. When we finally cleared up that I was talking about a regular sale, not a rebate, and that it I had it on good info that the Arlington store had it, she said that she'd have to call them. She went off to call them, and the corporate office I presume since it took so long, and then came back about 20 minutes later to say that the items were indeed on sale.

I dunno, my general experience with the Tysons store is that, while the GM may well be up on his stuff, the employees are frequently unusually clueless about what's going on in their own store. This isn't the first time that I've had to tell them about their own sale. I'm not going to complain too much because I did eventually get out of there with my games in hand (and hell, the store was probably considerably less picked-through since they hadn't been advertising the sale at all), but it's one of the reasons (beyond the insanely high CD and DVD prices) that I don't shop there very often.

One thing that I was pretty unhappy about was that they had a table in the front of the store with a sign that said "All XBox, PS2, and Gamecube games 75% off", but half of the games on the table were recent-release XBox 360 games (i.e. $59.99 games like Bionic Commando and RE5 that weren't really on sale at all). While I certainly didn't expect that those were actually on sale for that price, it struck me as damn-near false advertising to have them there (especially with the ambiguity of the word "XBox" on the sign). The employee that I mentioned it to said something about how "someone probably just set them there" (um, yeah, right), but didn't make any effort to actually remove them.

Thanks for the info on Legendary. From the sound of it, I'm glad I skipped it.

[quote name='Durmat']Arcane, I must have seen the same copy of Mirror's Edge as you did. Despite it being labeled as $59.99, I took it up front, where it rang up for $15.00. I think the difference is: games with price drops to 29.99 or less- discount; games on sale for 29.99 or less - no discount. Of course, it's moot now and that theory could be totally wrong.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I guess I should have taken that up to the register and had them check the price on it. I was absolutely starving by that point, though, because I'd put off getting lunch to go there and then had to stand around while they figured it all out, so I just wanted to get out of there and didn't feel like arguing any more. I would assume that the price sticker never got updated when the price dropped, but it was updated in the system and was therefore picked up for the sale. Oh well, as it was I spent more money than I really should have anyway.

More interesting question is how this will affect rebates. It would seem that all rebates that printed out should be valid.
I would assume that any rebates that actually printed out from the register will be honored. For mine, the guy handed me a small photocopied form for a "buy 2 games at $29.99 or up, get $20 back" rebate for the two games that were originally $29.99. I'm less certain that will work, given that the games actually rang up on the receipt at $15, but I'll probably send it anyway just for the hell of it. Worst they can do is refuse it.

Ugh damn, I was actually at Tyson's last night to see a movie and didn't even know about this sale. I would have cleaned house there.

bread's done
Back