FYE Rebates on Fight Night 2004, MvP Baseball 2004 & more.

notoriousxbox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (95%)
Have seen a couple post on this but not with 1 that has some of these listed. So sorry if it's a double post.

Just came back from FYE and got MVP Baseball for $19.99 after rebate. Here are some of the other games and there rebates.

Fight Night 2004 - PS2/Xbox - $49.99 - $30.00 Rebate = $19.99
MVP Baseball 2004 - PS2/GC/Xbox - $49.99 - $30 Rebate = $19.99
NBA Ballers - Xbox/PS2 - #39.99 - $20.00 Rebate = $19.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 - PS2/GC/Xbox - $ Unsure - $30 Rebate
All Star Baseball 2005 - PS2/Xbox - #39.99 - $20.00 Rebate = $19.99

Receipt has to be dated between 6/10/04 - 6/30/04
Also have to cut the original UPC of the game cover to mail in for rebate

DVDTalk.com members report you DO NOT have to cut off the UPC code from the game cover. Just use the UPC sticker that is on front of the game/DVD from the store.

I just got MVP 2004/PS2 for $19.99 and tax with no rebate at FYE. Their flyer said $29.99 with $10 rebate. In store they had it at $49.99 with a $30 rebate. I pointed to their own flyer and since they didn't have a $10 rebate form for the game (only the $30 rebate) and the price for the game was $49.99 in store, they semi-honored the flyer and just let me have it for $19.99 plus tax (no rebate). It saved me from having to pay extra tax and a stamp. Extreme YMMV.

They also have GTA combo pack for $19.99 after rebate (both systems). I think the same for a new Harry Potter game, too.

Can you explain that part about the UPC sticker again? You mean a price sticker? I'm not familiar with what fye has on their games but i'd hate to risk losing a rebate...

[quote name='bmarquardt']DVDTalk.com members report you DO NOT have to cut off the UPC code from the game cover. Just use the UPC sticker that is on front of the game/DVD from the store.

I just got MVP 2004/PS2 for $19.99 and tax with no rebate at FYE. Their flyer said $29.99 with $10 rebate. In store they had it at $49.99 with a $30 rebate. I pointed to their own flyer and since they didn't have a $10 rebate form for the game (only the $30 rebate) and the price for the game was $49.99 in store, they semi-honored the flyer and just let me have it for $19.99 plus tax (no rebate). It saved me from having to pay extra tax and a stamp. Extreme YMMV.

They also have GTA combo pack for $19.99 after rebate (both systems). I think the same for a new Harry Potter game, too.[/quote]

[quote name='jshorr']Can you explain that part about the UPC sticker again? You mean a price sticker? I'm not familiar with what fye has on their games but i'd hate to risk losing a rebate...

[quote name='bmarquardt']DVDTalk.com members report you DO NOT have to cut off the UPC code from the game cover. Just use the UPC sticker that is on front of the game/DVD from the store.

They also have GTA combo pack for $19.99 after rebate (both systems). I think the same for a new Harry Potter game, too.[/quote][/quote]

Yes, the price sticker that has the UPC barcode on it. You'll know exactly what I'm talking about once you see it in stores. All their DVDs and games have the UPC barcode stickered on the outside wrapping. DVDtalk.com members say they work fine.

Sweet. The FYE in the West Village didn't know anything about the rebate today, so hopefully they'll have their circular available so I can prove it to them and get them to honor the price!

Will try again tomorrow...Thanks for the tip!

Jeremy

[quote name='jrutz']Sweet. The FYE in the West Village didn't know anything about the rebate today, so hopefully they'll have their circular available so I can prove it to them and get them to honor the price!

Will try again tomorrow...Thanks for the tip!

Jeremy[/quote]

Or, you could take their flyer and try to pricematch at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Circuit City, or TRU. Don't know if stores pricematch after rebate prices, but it doesn't hurt to try.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Or, you could take their flyer and try to pricematch at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Circuit City, or TRU. Don't know if stores pricematch after rebate prices, but it doesn't hurt to try.[/quote]

Well, after losing out at CC with the Thief deal, I learned my lesson not to waste my time and do that again... :cry:

Jeremy

Yeah, when you're talking a $30 MIR I might just go ahead and cut the box art anyway. Just to be sure. Good tip for people who absolutely refuse to deface the box art, though.

[quote name='wubb']Yeah, when you're talking a $30 MIR I might just go ahead and cut the box art anyway. Just to be sure. Good tip for people who absolutely refuse to deface the box art, though.[/quote]

Yeah, that's cool, just to make sure.

Here's a post from DVDtalk.com on how to send in your rebates. The guy who started the thread has done about 40 rebates so far this way (sticker only). Of course, you could cut out the UPC code, too:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=362082

On the rebate form it states :

"Original UPC Barcodesymbol from the package. No photocopies accepted"

On a $30.00 rebate I'll snip snip the back of the box for the rebate.

Also in regards to the DVD talk post. Its funny cause when I purchased the game the cashier made a point out of telling me to not send in the UPC on the plastic that has the price, but the UPC on the game cover.

If the guy is getting away with it more power to him.

My friend called FYE and they told him there is no rebate going on for Fight Night. Where do you get the rebate form? This is in Dallas, TX by the way.

I got the rebate form from the cashier. She was not aware of it, and had a hard time finding it. FYI. the form is white, and had all 12 games listed on it.

Thats the same thing that happened to me. They didnt have any forms so the cashier printed one out for me and it has a list of those games I mentioned. The rebate form says :

Original Trans World entertainment cash register receipt.

I'm in Newburgh N.Y

I can confirm that all of these deals after rebates are valid at the 6th ave/51st street in manhattan FYE. I didn't pick any up but I did get some movies with rebates and I don't want to cut the UPC's off those (like spider man deluxe edition).

I emailed FYE's customer service and got a completely assinine response. I basically said is there any way around cutting the UPC, i do not want to deface my collector's edition dvd, and they wrote back "Sir thank you for your question, you can use a copy of your store receipt." ?!?! So basically they completely ignored my question, not to mention probably gave me incorrect advice since the form asks for the original receipt. I replied asking why they ignored my question and to please answer it....hopefully I will hear something on Monday....

[quote name='chee75']I got the rebate form from the cashier. She was not aware of it, and had a hard time finding it. FYI. the form is white, and had all 12 games listed on it.[/quote]

What's the complete list of games available for rebates?

1 MVP
2 Fight Night
3 Harry Potter
4 GTA Double Pack
5 ESPN Baseball?
6 Tiger Woods?
7 All-Star BB?
8 Ballers ?
9 ?
10 ?
11 ?
12 ?

Sorry for being misleading. Basically the 5 games that the original poster had listed. 12 games when you include the same game for different systems (I.e XB fight night and ps2 fight night).

Well I'll be...

I picked up the in-store circular and indeed, it shows MVP 2004 for $29.99 minus a $10 rebate.

It was still ringing up $49.99 but the cashier overrided it with the $29.99 price. Sweet deal!!

Jeremy

[quote name='jrutz']Well I'll be...

I picked up the in-store circular and indeed, it shows MVP 2004 for $29.99 minus a $10 rebate.

It was still ringing up $49.99 but the cashier overrided it with the $29.99 price. Sweet deal!!

Jeremy[/quote]

So, I take it you go the $10 rebate form and not the $30 one? $30 rebate = free game. :)

[quote name='bmarquardt'][quote name='jrutz']Well I'll be...

Jeremy[/quote]

So, I take it you go the $10 rebate form and not the $30 one? $30 rebate = free game. :)[/quote]

Actually I have to go back and get the form, because he forgot to put it in the bag. So maybe!

Jeremy

I went to the website on the rebate and have been asking about it. As I posted earlier my original email they didn't read and sent me back a form letter. My second try, I think I got something....I was told that I should send or fax my rebate materials along with a COPY of the UPC to a fax number they gave me or a "Rebate Special Services" address. The only thing that bothered me was at the bottom of their reply it said "since you are resubmitting it may take 8 weeks" yada yada. So I replied again and am just clarifying that they know I haven't sent it yet. But it looks like you can get the rebates without cutting your box. I will list the info I got here but you may want to send your own emails so you have something in writing for yourself. Let me just say that I am not 100% sure they understand what I am asking them at this point so if you send your stuff here and dont get your rebate don't blame me. I'll update once I hear back from them again. Also, this was for FYE dvds' not games. Here was their email:

Dear XXXXXXX XXXXX:

Thank you for your rebate inquiry. We apologize for any
inconvenience. Regarding your concern, please mail or fax a copy of
your UPC barcode, sales receipt, and rebate form to:

Rebate Special Services
PO Box 028516
Miami FL 33102-8516

Fax Number: (800) 886-8370
Please allow 24-48 hours to process your fax.

Please understand that you are resubmitting your original rebate
request, so it will take up to 8 weeks to receive your rebate.

We appreciate your participation in this promotion. If there is
anything else we can do to assist you, please contact us at
[email protected]. We are always happy to help. You can also track
the status of your rebate at www.RebatesHQ.com.

[quote name='sman113']Guy at the counter told me today it HAS to be the UPC from the box, not from FYE's price tag.[/quote]

bread's done
Back