FYE Trade 3 used Xbox 360 games get 1 Free

drsuper23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I'm not sure if it has been posted or not. If it has then a MOD can please feel free to delete.

Just came back from my local FYE and they had a small flyer on the counter that had this deal. Trade any 3 used Xbox 360 games and get any New 360 game for free. The flyer does say that "(certain restrictions apply)" but when I asked the manager he said that he didn't know of any. It does state that the trade ins must be in like-new condition.

Edit: It has now been moved to trade 3 get 1 free.
Even though I was able to do the trade 2 get 1 free today (08/16).

[quote name='averageguy']I know this is ludricious. I got different answers at different Fye's. [/QUOTE]

I concur. I stopped in there a couple weeks ago to do the deal. I was going to trade Oblivion & NFS-MW, and try to get a $60 store credit. They told me I had to take the game that day. So I asked how long the deal was going on for, and they said "Probably through August". I said, "Are you sure?". She gave me a copy of the flyer on the counter and told me to bring it back when I was ready to trade and they would honor it.

I'm probably gonna get denied by some other jack-ass working the counter when I go to do this now, and I'll be pissed.

[quote name='averageguy']I know this is ludricious. I got different answers at different Fye's. I tried to trade in Madden 2006 as one of my trades and the manager told me sports games were excluded. I ended up getting Madden 2007 which they let me reserve. I tried to do it again for Nhl 07 and Saints row but they wouldnt let me. I ended up getting 2 other games and am going to return them get the 2 games i orginally wanted when they come out.[/QUOTE]
2/3 of the stores in my area have never heard of this promotion. This deal was a huge YMMV.

Was going to buy a $19.99 Madden to do the trade 3 get 1 deal, but decided to take in the games I had (Burnout 360 and Xmen 3 360) just to see what I'd get.

Walked in with the games plus an extra copy of Matrix Path of Neo PS2 I had sitting around, and ended up getting around $72 in credit. They gave me $9 for Path of Neo, $26 for Xmen 3, and $22 for Burnout, but then for some reason added on another $14 as a "used buy adjustment". So I ended up walking out of FYE with a brand new copy of Dead Rising plus $6 and some change in credit on a gift card.

Screw the 3 for 1 guys - see what you can get for your games without that deal. Probably end up doing better like me.

I don't know if it's everywhere but every time I trade something in for store credit, I get an extra 25% on top if I take the credit instead of cash. I've always gotten that. If you have a high price trading game then you're in luck. For example, right now Marc Ecko for the PS2 is trading in at $12. With the extra 25% you get $15 in store credit. If you have the limited edition then it goes for $15 but you get $20 if you take the credit. I love this place just to build up the credit even if their stuff is a little overpriced. I just usually wait for them to have deals and I'm set.

[quote name='mmn']Was going to buy a $19.99 Madden to do the trade 3 get 1 deal, but decided to take in the games I had (Burnout 360 and Xmen 3 360) just to see what I'd get.

Walked in with the games plus an extra copy of Matrix Path of Neo PS2 I had sitting around, and ended up getting around $72 in credit. They gave me $9 for Path of Neo, $26 for Xmen 3, and $22 for Burnout, but then for some reason added on another $14 as a "used buy adjustment". So I ended up walking out of FYE with a brand new copy of Dead Rising plus $6 and some change in credit on a gift card.

Screw the 3 for 1 guys - see what you can get for your games without that deal. Probably end up doing better like me.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow I didn't know they were so good with trade prices. Even if I can get a couple bucks more than Gamestop would give me it would be worth it.

[quote name='drsuper23']I don't know if it's everywhere but every time I trade something in for store credit, I get an extra 25% on top if I take the credit instead of cash. I've always gotten that. If you have a high price trading game then you're in luck. For example, right now Marc Ecko for the PS2 is trading in at $12. With the extra 25% you get $15 in store credit. If you have the limited edition then it goes for $15 but you get $20 if you take the credit. I love this place just to build up the credit even if their stuff is a little overpriced. I just usually wait for them to have deals and I'm set.[/quote]

So you get the extra 25% on every trade you do? This could be a huge credit building opportunity.

You guys can check trade in quotes on wherehouse.com. I'll just say that Dinotopia (xbox), V-rally 3 (xbox), Powerdrome (ps2), and possible Malice (xbox) are your best friends.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']You guys can check trade in quotes on wherehouse.com. I'll just say that Dinotopia (xbox), V-rally 3 (xbox), Powerdrome (ps2), and possible Malice (xbox) are your best friends.[/QUOTE]

So are the wherehouse.com prices exactly what FYE will give you instore?

It's roughly the same but sometimes the prices will be 20-25% lower or higher. It depends on the store you go to. I'm not sure why but it started happening sometime last year.

I got in on the deal end of last week. but I think its now trade 3 get 1 free. I traded NBA 2006 and Madden 2006 plus PDZero and Amped for PREY SE and Chromeheads! had to pay $10 in tax after trades.

I was able to do the trade 2 get 1 free today. I took in Madden and PGR 3 and got Dead rising today. The funny thing is that they had the old marketing and honored it. If you do take a look at the current flyer it does say trade 3 get 1 free but at the bottom it contradicts itself by saying get 1 when you bring 2 games in.

I already traded amped 3 and THAW for Dead Rising. I am probably doing to buy a copy of a cheap game and trade that and pgr (eb is right next to my fye). I hope they will still honor trade 2 get one (the girl was oblivious the last time). I will probably be shooting for prey ce. Does anyone reccomend anything else. I the CE is the way to go just because I could trade it in later for $70 as opposed to $60 for a regular game.

bread's done
Back