Fye Trade 4 Get One Is Back!!!

aliberry5983

CAG Veteran
Went in to fye today and they said that the dealk is back on through the 30th of october .Good olso for ps2 gameqube 360,psp.and dvds.let me know if you were able to get them to do it becouse some stores are saying yes and some stores are saying no.But I did see the flyers.the employees are really ill informed about everything,so if they sayno call coorperate and ask.could be ymmv,Good luck!

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check this out tomorrow. It's a much better deal than the extra $10 for 3 games @ EB.

I heard some stores didn't let people trade in 2 xbox games say and 2 ps2 for a new PS2 game. I did prety good with this trade although my FYE is too limited when it comes to games. They said they weren't able to put the 40 on a gift card so yea I had to pick something out. Maybe if I go back and return it with the receipt....

If this is true I can grab some cheapass games again Max Payne 2 1.99 at EB/GS and TRU now carry some 4.99 for used games :lol:

If this is back on, I will be in heaven. I have access to about a zillion new games around here through kmart, walmart, TRU etc. Ive got about 35 or so that Im going to take to EB, but I could easily get a bunch more for this. Also, what are the restrictions? Most of these games are fairly worthless... like Powerdrome, Triggerman, Syphon Filter Omega Strain. Do they turn you away based on value of the games? I only ask because I missed the first deal... :)

[quote name='CaoPi']I heard some stores didn't let people trade in 2 xbox games say and 2 ps2 for a new PS2 game. I did prety good with this trade although my FYE is too limited when it comes to games. They said they weren't able to put the 40 on a gift card so yea I had to pick something out. Maybe if I go back and return it with the receipt....

If this is true I can grab some cheapass games again Max Payne 2 1.99 at EB/GS and TRU now carry some 4.99 for used games :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, most of the stores have a limited selection. This deal is only great if you can manage to get store credit, which can be used online.

Word of advice to everyone: if you have some decent games laying around, don't trade them into Sam Goody. Trade them into EB, to get more crappy games, then trade those into Sam Goody :whistle2:D

if i could trade in xbox games and get a ps2 game (okami) this would be great, but if i have to get an xbox game then this really is kinda worthless to me because most new xbox games aren't on the bc list yet. hmmm...

I just called 2 by me the one at the tuttle crossing mall said trade 4 get one on all Gamecube, xbox, ps2, psp and ds. While the other one at the polaris mall said the same for thoes systems and added the trade 2 360 get one as well. So ths is on in Ohio at least.

So this is trade in 4 of one type, get 1 of the same type free?

Like 4 360 games for 1 360 game? Or 4 DVDs for 1 DVD?

So you trade 4 used games & get 1 free new game? Can you mix & match? Usually how's the selection? I remember i saw a FYE in my mall but i never went in one...

Some games are YMMV for this sale. They won't take games that come up as trade in value at a penny.

It would probably be helpful if people post here which games will ring up as a penny.

Rogue Ops and Eye Toy Groove (no camera) rang up a penny for me.

[quote name='rooter']are there any exclusions?[/QUOTE]

last time there were a few. it was ither 05 or older or 03 and older sports games and than some other games. It is definetly a smaller list than the EB exclusion list. Out of 9 games I brought in only the first arc of lad ps2 game was rejected

Yesssssss, just called my local FYE. All 360 games can be traded in for the 2 for 1 deal, AND I can get a pre-order on a game.

WA-HOO!

the thing about the penny trade in is really on the store. I went to trade in Beyond Good and Evil, one store says that it was a penny and other said it was ok traded in for 2 bucks.

This deal is BULL$*(T, they need to come up with a list online and in the store that states what is acceptable and what isn't!

In the same store, they say used games are good, next day used games are no good. They won't tell you what games won't work for the deal. Some one else said that it was too YMMY, They're right!

[quote name='snakeneck']There are restrictions at my FYE. No used games purchased from them and at least for the 360 2 for 1 no games under $44.99.[/quote]

How would they know if you purchased the used game from them? If you remove all of their packaging, I don't think they have a way of telling:roll:. Oh, and their prices for most used games are too high, so I think they can pretty much remove that hurdle. I don't remember seeing anything used for less than 10 bucs...

isn't the downside of this sale FYE's pickiness with accepting games? I've heard that FYE is extremely anal about which games the accept used. The smallest scratch would get you denied.

and I imagine that it's rather hard to find a used game at eb/gamestop that's pristine.

And, are they still doing the b2g1 for all 9.99 and under at eb/gamestop???

[quote name='jpuma1']isn't the downside of this sale FYE's pickiness with accepting games? I've heard that FYE is extremely anal about which games the accept used. The smallest scratch would get you denied.[/QUOTE]

You are completely correct. FYE is very anal about scratches and stuff. There have been more than a few occasions where my games were turned away for too many scuffs (not that scratches offer any actuall indication of how a game runs or anything). They can also be kind of dicky about original cases, inserts, and manuals.

Still, a decent deal if you've got a lot of crappy under $5 games laying around.

I called FYE & they told me you can only get certain type of games ($19.99-29.99) Plus they only accept certain games & you can't mix & match (PS2, XBox, Gamebcube etc...) To top it off you still need the managers approval...

Pretty damn strict if you ask me...I might stop by FYE just incase the chick i talk to have no idea what she's talking about...

My FYE alllows me to mix and match my games. The only exclusions seem to be the games that trade in for a penny. For PS2/Xbox/GC/PSP/DS, I can get a new game up to $50. So I traded in some crap games like Duel Masters, Rouge Ops, etc. and got 2 Valyrie Profiles (PS2) and a Kingdom Hearts II (limited selection to say the least). I love this deal.

[quote name='Animeguy']Calm down. The other things I notice is that its up to the manager so, just come at another time.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, JERK! That FYE doesn't list any standards for what games qualify or not, not in the store or online. That could solve so many problems.

GOT IT!

roc's feather;2274102]You are completely correct. FYE is [B]very[/B] anal about scratches and stuff. There have been more than a few occasions where my games were turned away for too many scuffs (not that scratches offer any actuall indication of how a game runs or anything). They can also be kind of dicky about original cases said:
OH NO, a store that DOESN'T wanna take in peoples scratched to hell games??? I'm usually a very anal person when it comes to the condition of my games, so most times when I've traded games in, they're MINT.

Lately though, I've been trading in the Clancy Triple Packs from Kmart with NO box/instruction manual, since otherwise(been told this by many EB/GS stores), it would only count as ONE game instead of three.

I laugh at the fact that I even got denied on a $1.99 EB/GS game when I tried to trade it to FYE because it looked like someone sneezed on the bottom of the disc and let dust accumulate on it.

So yeah, while their trade deals can be harsh and they're picky as hell when it comes to condition of the games they take, I just wish ALL stores were like this.

Then I would no longer have to worry about buying a game from EB/GS and asking to see condition first.

And actually, one of my local GS stores IS like this, where if the game is TOO scratched, they WON'T take it.

I say HOORAY for them.

Just traded in 8 games and got MGS3: Subsistence and Valkyrie Profile 2. The clerk said she thought the limit was $39.99 but since the information sheet she had said "any new game" she gave it to me for the sales tax.

The sheet also explicitly said no mixed configurations, so I had to trade in PS2 games only. Unfortunately, they had slim pickings (which is why I got a $30 game) but they were very nice and patient.

I traded in mostly $2-$3 sports games from GameStop.

On the otherhand, the people at GameStop were pretty rude. "Why do you have so many trade in credit slips?"

"...because I've traded in a lot of games?"

Went to my local FYE and they didn't have any signage up or know anything about it. Hopefully theyll get in the game soon.

Though it was worth the trip since i picked up Final Destination 3 for $9.99 before a $5 rebate

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OH NO, a store that DOESN'T wanna take in peoples scratched to hell games??? I'm usually a very anal person when it comes to the condition of my games, so most times when I've traded games in, they're MINT.

Lately though, I've been trading in the Clancy Triple Packs from Kmart with NO box/instruction manual, since otherwise(been told this by many EB/GS stores), it would only count as ONE game instead of three.

I laugh at the fact that I even got denied on a $1.99 EB/GS game when I tried to trade it to FYE because it looked like someone sneezed on the bottom of the disc and let dust accumulate on it.

So yeah, while their trade deals can be harsh and they're picky as hell when it comes to condition of the games they take, I just wish ALL stores were like this.

Then I would no longer have to worry about buying a game from EB/GS and asking to see condition first.

And actually, one of my local GS stores IS like this, where if the game is TOO scratched, they WON'T take it.

I say HOORAY for them.[/quote]

wow... makes me glad i'm not in PA... is it that hard to see if a game is scratched? things happen

[quote name='rooter']are there any exclusions?[/quote]

oh yeah, big time. you need to also remember that managers make their own policies right there infront of you, they are smart like that. this is a HUGE YMMV. i went to 3 fyes, 3 coconuts, and i was only able to do 1 trade on 2 stores.

one thing i noticed about this deal is that managers are super picky. heres a helpfull list:

- to save you a trip, CALL FIRST! see if they are accepting trades, ask for exclusions, get the name of the person you spoke to as well.
- make sure your games doesn't have alot of scratches.
- manuals for the games are a must
- try not to bring 2 of the same game, ie. 2x Max Payne 2 [$1.49 at EB/GS]
- speaking of eb/gs, if you bought your cheapass games there, make sure ALL STICKERS are taken off nicely, dont forget the sticker by where the barcode is. if you cant do it, buy GOO GONE from a homedepot.
- try to be nice to the manager, they might let u do it
- if the managers are nasty, uncooperative, report the store to Better Business Bureau.

i hope this is helpfull. this is my observation from the previous deal. someone please scan the flyer so we can see the exclusions. and yes I agree with posting games that are pennied on their system, that way we dont have to bother bringing them in. good luck!

Went to my local FYE and they didn't have any signage up or know anything about it. Hopefully theyll get in the game soon.
They don't have signs for it. You have to ask them to look up their current promotions, it comes in a printout they keep near the front.

Good list.

- manuals for the games are a must

I think having the amaray insert is more important. I was able to trade in one game with no manual, but I am pretty sure they will refuse it if there is no insert for the case. They aren't ghetto like GameStop and make their own covers with a magic marker.

- speaking of eb/gs, if you bought your cheapass games there, make sure ALL STICKERS are taken off nicely, dont forget the sticker by where the barcode is. if you cant do it, buy GOO GONE from a homedepot.

That's VERY important. I think many FYE's will refuse to buy "used games" which is really ironic. The condition of the case/inserts is important, too, not just the disc. If the case looks like crap, they won't even open it to look at the game inside.

- try to be nice to the manager, they might let u do it

I agree, especially if you think you might do more than one trade in.

As a side note, I think two or three of my games came up as a penny, but the clerk was really nice and didn't care. YMMV on that though.

[quote name='espy605']
I think having the amaray insert is more important. I was able to trade in one game with no manual, but I am pretty sure they will refuse it if there is no insert for the case. They aren't ghetto like GameStop and make their own covers with a magic marker.
[/quote]

they gave me hell for this, i had 2 games that had non and as soon as the mgr saw these they were turned back. almost all the stores i went to did the same thing.

i also forgot to mention that if you buy your games are eb/gs, try to be nice to them and have them look for the best disc as much as possible. having less or no scratches at all will help you save time.

I have 4 gamecube games that aren't penny games. Can I get a PS2 game with these 4? Also can you trade in 4 current gen games for 1 next gen game?

[quote name='rcaido']So can you trade 4 PS2 game & get xbox 360 game or gamecube game? Has anyone been succesful with this?[/QUOTE]

When I go tomorrow I am going to try this and ask if I can pay an extra 10.00 to get a 360 game.

[quote name='rcaido']So can you trade 4 PS2 game & get xbox 360 game or gamecube game? Has anyone been succesful with this?[/quote]

No you cannot according to the rules. However, like with every FYE deal, it is YMMV since they seemingly make up the rules differently with every transaction.

bread's done
Back