FYE: Up to 50% off Wii and DS games after rebate, $10 off PS3 games

SDC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
FYE and FYE.com appear to be running two mail-in rebate promotions right now.

The first is:
Up to 50% off any Wii or DS game after mail in rebate.
The % is dependant on the game.
For instance, I picked up My World, My Way for 50% off, but I checked Pokemon Platinum and Avalon code and they were 5% (!!) off.

Second:
$10 off ANY PS3 game after rebate
Pretty self explanatory.

I apologize ifthis has been posted, the search didn't bring anything up.

Secondarily, I sent in three rebates a while back for their previous $10-after-MiR promotion, and I have yet to actually get them back. I sent in the first about a month ago, andit still says "scheduled for final processing." Should I give it time, or call them up?

Last edited by a moderator:
I visited a local Fye in the hope of finding Chrono Trigger, but they didn't have it. However, they did have Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars showing as being eligible for the rebate, $17.99 or some such price after rebate. I almost bought it, but didn't and I'm glad I didn't because this game doesn't show up as being eligible on fye.com. Hmm.

[quote name='Josef']It was an FYE branded debit card that can be used anywhere debit cards are accepted. FYE started giving them out instead of checks when the rebate amount is $20 or greater.[/QUOTE]

That's not a good deal. It forces you to buy more merchandise somewhere else. Checks are the standard for rebates and I am not aware of an easy way to deposit a debit card in your bank account.

[quote name='bojay1997']That's not a good deal. It forces you to buy more merchandise somewhere else. Checks are the standard for rebates and I am not aware of an easy way to deposit a debit card in your bank account.[/QUOTE]

For me it's more convenient than a check. For a check I have to go to a bank or ATM, fill out a deposit slip, and wait for the money to be available in my account. (Yes, I can also cash it, but it still requires me to go to a bank and wait in a line to cash it). For a debit card I just use it when I go shopping. Just make sure you use the card within 6 months as they start charging a $3 fee each month it is inactive after that. Then again, a check usually gets voided after 90 days if it is not deposited or cashed.

The thing I don't like about the debit cards is that someone could steal your mail and go spend you debit card whereas a check they cannot deposit into their own bank account.

[quote name='Josef']For me it's more convenient than a check. For a check I have to go to a bank or ATM, fill out a deposit slip, and wait for the money to be available in my account. (Yes, I can also cash it, but it still requires me to go to a bank and wait in a line to cash it). For a debit card I just use it when I go shopping. Just make sure you use the card within 6 months as they start charging a $3 fee each month it is inactive after that. Then again, a check usually gets voided after 90 days if it is not deposited or cashed.[/QUOTE]

Where do you bank, the 1970s? Nowadays, all you have to do is stick the endorsed check in a deposit envelope at an ATM and your account will be credited within 24-48 hours. Heck, most banks will go ahead and credit your account immediately if you are a fairly good customer. Paying full price for these games and then waiting several weeks only to get a debit card which has to be used on other products is a horrible way to manage your money. I don't even think they should be calling this a rebate since you aren't getting cash back, you're getting a gift card that just happens to be useable at a lot of stores.

Hey guys, the rebate deal for FYE is actually pretty easy.

- Most stores that have rebates should have a form print out from the register that comes with a second receipt. On the form, if more than one of your items are listed, you can send them in with one envelope. However, if you get more than one form, they must be sent in separately.

- If your store gives you a generic form, you should send them in separately, just to be safe. Send in an extra receipt with each.

- You can use the yellow and white price sticker for the UPC instead of cutting out the UPC from the game itself. This definitely works, I do this for games and movies all the time.

- The rebate takes about two months to come back, typically. This seems like a while, but usually by the time you get it, you've forgotten about it, so it's a nice surprise.

- The rebate comes in form of a check. If the rebate is for $20 or more, it comes in a VISA prepaid credit card in your name. It can be used anywhere VISA is accepted (I got a $30 MIR from them a couple months ago for MGS 4 and got it on a card, no issues with using it anywhere).

I do these rebates all the time. I have their discount card and got
iconps3.gif
Resident Evil 5 for $53.99 instantly, plus a $10 rebate that I just sent in. Can't beat $44 for a brand new game. People like to complain about these rebates, but I've never had a single issue with them. I've never had one rejected, denied, disputed or anything from either the store or the rebate company. The hardest part is actually filling it out and sending it in, which takes a little more effort than I'd like to put forth. Oh well, a discount is a discount.

(P.S. if you're lucky enough to find it, Rock Band Special Edition for Wii [$99.99] has a 50% rebate on it. Haven't found one yet myself, but hopefully I will before the promo runs out.)

[quote name='bojay1997']Where do you bank, the 1970s? Nowadays, all you have to do is stick the endorsed check in a deposit envelope at an ATM and your account will be credited within 24-48 hours. Heck, most banks will go ahead and credit your account immediately if you are a fairly good customer. Paying full price for these games and then waiting several weeks only to get a debit card which has to be used on other products is a horrible way to manage your money. I don't even think they should be calling this a rebate since you aren't getting cash back, you're getting a gift card that just happens to be useable at a lot of stores.[/QUOTE]

Again, it is more convenient for me. I go to stores nearly every day. I'm lucky if i get to a bank once a month. I'd rather not have to make a separate trip to the bank each time I get a rebate check when I can just use the debit card at any store I visit normally daily.

[quote name='pmanningrocks']Hey guys, the rebate deal for FYE is actually pretty easy.

- Most stores that have rebates should have a form print out from the register that comes with a second receipt. On the form, if more than one of your items are listed, you can send them in with one envelope. However, if you get more than one form, they must be sent in separately.

- If your store gives you a generic form, you should send them in separately, just to be safe. Send in an extra receipt with each.

- You can use the yellow and white price sticker for the UPC instead of cutting out the UPC from the game itself. This definitely works, I do this for games and movies all the time.

- The rebate takes about two months to come back, typically. This seems like a while, but usually by the time you get it, you've forgotten about it, so it's a nice surprise.

- The rebate comes in form of a check. If the rebate is for $20 or more, it comes in a VISA prepaid credit card in your name. It can be used anywhere VISA is accepted (I got a $30 MIR from them a couple months ago for MGS 4 and got it on a card, no issues with using it anywhere).

I do these rebates all the time. I have their discount card and got
iconps3.gif
Resident Evil 5 for $53.99 instantly, plus a $10 rebate that I just sent in. Can't beat $44 for a brand new game. People like to complain about these rebates, but I've never had a single issue with them. I've never had one rejected, denied, disputed or anything from either the store or the rebate company. The hardest part is actually filling it out and sending it in, which takes a little more effort than I'd like to put forth. Oh well, a discount is a discount.

(P.S. if you're lucky enough to find it, Rock Band Special Edition for Wii [$99.99] has a 50% rebate on it. Haven't found one yet myself, but hopefully I will before the promo runs out.)[/quote]

Thanks for clearing things up. I thought it was an online promotion only at (according to the online form). Too bad there's no in-store locator.

As an FYI, the one game I REALLY wanted from this was Tales of Symphonia Wii and it's sold out now. Would have been $6.99 after backstage pass. Ridiculous!!!

Just a quick question. I know this promotion ends tomorrow, but does that mean the rebate form has to be postmarked by that date or is that the last day to be able to buy something and be eligible for a rebate?

[quote name='bonds25']Just a quick question. I know this promotion ends tomorrow, but does that mean the rebate form has to be postmarked by that date or is that the last day to be able to buy something and be eligible for a rebate?[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow would be the last day to buy. They will give you some time to get the necessary info mailed out, don't worry.

I got my rebates back today. That was REALLY quick. Like one week. Only problem is I didn't get back the right amounts...$20 back on a $50 game.

[quote name='rarebucky']I got my rebates back today. That was REALLY quick. Like one week. Only problem is I didn't get back the right amounts...$20 back on a $50 game.[/QUOTE]

Could it have been for an older rebate? Did you buy any of the $9.99 DS games after rebate? I'm just getting rebates now for the games I bought in the $9.99 DS deal back in February.

Otherwise, some of the rebates were for under 50% off. Check the website to see the amounts for each title.

[quote name='rarebucky']As an FYI, the one game I REALLY wanted from this was Tales of Symphonia Wii and it's sold out now. Would have been $6.99 after backstage pass. Ridiculous!!![/quote]Tales of Symphonia is back in stock. I just ordered one. Last day!

[quote name='Josef']Could it have been for an older rebate? Did you buy any of the $9.99 DS games after rebate? I'm just getting rebates now for the games I bought in the $9.99 DS deal back in February.

Otherwise, some of the rebates were for under 50% off. Check the website to see the amounts for each title.[/QUOTE]

Yes it was for the other rebate. My bad!

[quote name='cranguy']Tales of Symphonia is back in stock. I just ordered one. Last day![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up - just ordered one as well! I can't believe this sale hasn't gotten more interest. This is probably better than 99% of the deals posted this year. There are some real steals in the lot.

[quote name='rarebucky']Thanks for the heads up - just ordered one as well! I can't believe this sale hasn't gotten more interest. This is probably better than 99% of the deals posted this year. There are some real steals in the lot.[/QUOTE]

When you consider that the cheapest shipping option is $5 and that tax applies in most states and that you don't even get the money back in the form of a check anymore and it takes two months to get anything back after filling out and mailing in a physical piece of paperwork, I don't think even $20 off Symphonia is worth it. I'm not gonna have FYE hold onto almost $40 of my money in hopes that I will get $20 back at some point down the road. Heck, in a couple months Symphonia will be $20 anyway, so who cares?

Net price of Symphonia is $6.99 to those of us with backstage pass. And I've gotten my rebates back much sooner than 6 weeks, more like 4 weeks. Never had an issue with their rebates. This deal is TOTALLY worth it!

[quote name='rarebucky']Net price of Symphonia is $6.99 to those of us with backstage pass. And I've gotten my rebates back much sooner than 6 weeks, more like 4 weeks. Never had an issue with their rebates. This deal is TOTALLY worth it![/QUOTE]

Right, so above when you discovered that the rebate you were talking about was from the February sale, that was just four weeks ago? That's two months ago now and the backstage pass isn't free and as far as I know, you don't get free shipping and no tax when you use it. Plus, there is no way to cash out the cards they are sending you now into a bank account, so this isn't really even a rebate per se. If FYE really wanted to run a deal, all they had to do was an instant rebate. Of course, they know that all the barriers they put up and the general laziness of most people will mean that they just sold a ton of games at full price.

$6.99 for Tales of Symphonia and $6.99 for 14 Oliver Stone movies on DVD, plus with free shipping for them sending me an empty CD case on a used item 18 months ago (amazed it still worked, had to go back 41 pages in my email to find it.)

For East Coasters: it's 9:34 for FYE so little over 2 hours left

EDIT: Deal dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
dang it, i dont remember the rebate amount of the games i ordered. any one know where i can find the rebate amounts. thanks

So I ordered Time Shift and GRAW2 for PS3 but I can't find the form anymore, anyone have a link for it?

Didn't know if it was worthy of a new thread, so I'm posting it here. My FYE has All-Pro Football 2K8 (360) & Spiderman 3 (360) for $5 each. Looks like they also have a deal on Halo 3 for $19.99 after rebate. Not sure how much the rebate is, but I think they also have the Collectors Edition for $19.99 AR as well.

Not sure if the $5 games are YMMV or not.

I went there today looking for Chrono Trigger. No luck but instead I found Castlevania: PoR for $20 and it had the 50% rebate. So a pretty good deal.

I ordered two Pokemon games that had rebates, Mystery Dungeon Exp of Darkness and Shadows of Almia. The rebate folks only processed Almia. They said Mystery Dungeon (a $20 rebate) wasn't vaild. I know it was eligible for a rebate, but it doesn't show up in the list linked earlier in this thread. Did anyone have a similar experience, or know if the Dungeon games were part of another rebate offer?

Thanks

Is the rebate deal still in effect? The links still work and the banners are still at the top of those pages, but when I go to check out, there is no indication there are rebates on those games.

[quote name='Red Hedgehog']Is the rebate deal still in effect? The links still work and the banners are still at the top of those pages, but when I go to check out, there is no indication there are rebates on those games.[/QUOTE]

Online, no it doesn't look like it. There would need to be a link to the actual rebate form and it doesn't look like they are there anymore. In store, I think the deal is back on. I saw signs to that effect but haven't tried it again myself yet.

It is in effect in store. I went today and bought House of the Dead Overkill advertised as $25 after rebate and Retro Game Challenge advertised as $15 after rebate. There were little yellow rebate stickers on everything and there was even a display of rebate games at the front of the store. The rebates printed out with the receipt as expected.

On another note I signed up for the new Backstage Pass card. Apparently they charge you $10 a month to have it but you get a free 30 day trial along with a $20 gift card just for trying it for the month. I will try it for the month, cancel the service and then use the gift card to buy a regular 1 year backstage pass!

bread's done
Back