Vampjoe

CAGiversary!
Just went to the FYE in Roanoke, VA and they had a big sale going on

75% off Xbox and Gamecube
50% off PS2
30% off Used DVD
20% off New and Used Blu-Ray and New DVD
and an abysmal 5% 360, Wii, and PS3

I can't remember what Used CDs were but who really buys CDs anymore.

Also think I should post this in the Video Game section?

My FYE in Bayside, NY had all "clearance" games at 50% off. When I asked what the "clearance" ones were the guy said everything except new releases. Im talking about 360, PS3 and Wii games. Problem is tho, FYE is so friggin expensive, 50% off is still usually more than you would pay elsewhere. I bought Velvet Assassin for $35 - 50% for a total of $19 after tax and thought I had a great deal. Then I checked Gamestop later and go tit for $15 plus tax there. I went back to FYE (not because of the $2 but because of the principle of how expensive FYE is) and as I was returning it the manager asked me why and I told her I got it cheaper at gamestop. She told me they would be more than happy to price match it, or anything else in the future if I told them it was less somewhere else. Dont ask my how/why they would price match without a flyer etc, but she said they would. I'm gonna try it one day and see if it works. Everything they sell is more $$ than anyone else so I'll just go in and be like "yea, this CD is $5 cheaper..." etc etc etc. See what happens. Anyway, moral of the story is FYE sucks.

I checked out both the mondawmin mall & eastpoint mall f.y.e's . I saw nothing the sale isn't that good from what I saw.

My Fry's store had 50% off many new TV box sets in DVD format. I scored the entire Mad Men series (S1, S2, S3) for $65. Two seasons were at $19.99 and one was at $24.99 though I don't recall which was which price.

[quote name='Vysion']My Fry's store had 50% off many new TV box sets in DVD format. I scored the entire Mad Men series (S1, S2, S3) for $65. Two seasons were at $19.99 and one was at $24.99 though I don't recall which was which price.[/QUOTE]

Just want to make sure you noticed you posted a Fry's deal in the FYE thread?

Oops. Sorry about that. It was FYE.

We've been watching Mad Men season one and got to disc four which would not play. A glitch or manufacturing error as it wobbles off balance in the tray of the DVD player. No other discs are doing that. I'm going to take season one back this weekend and I don't think the store had any more in stock. I'll be checking the other seasons just to be certain the discs function.

It's throwing a hitch in our plans of watching them all before season four starts.

bread's done
Back