FYE Xbox 360 Systems With $30 Mail-In-Rebate

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Those rebates usually require you to buy a game or accessory though.[/QUOTE]

Not sure the DS and PSP rebate doesnt require to buy anything extra.

Nope. The ads were hanging near the games and said 360 Core $169.99(after $30 mail in rebate) and 360 Pro $269.99(after $30 mail in rebate)til supplies last. Nothing else mentioned

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Those rebates usually require you to buy a game or accessory though.[/quote]

Nah, I've worked at FYE for four years, and we almost always have $30 rebates on the systems--no need to purchase a game or anything.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Those rebates usually require you to buy a game or accessory though.[/quote]

They don't require you to buy a game or accessory usually, but they ARE a major league PAIN IN THE ASS.

I did one for a PStwo slim about two years ago or so, which got subsequently lost in the mail. Luckily, I kept copies and jotted down WHEN I sent it into the redemption center. It took 3-6 months of me calling and pestering the redemption center(which kept saying it was a $3 fuckin' CD rebate instead of a $30 PStwo rebate)to get any kind of progress on the situation.

After bugging both the store manager and a district manager about the situation, they paid me the rebate IN CASH at store level and took my copies of my documentation to I guess send in and get reimbursed.

That next week, I had what I thought was a post card from Transworld in my mailbox, which turned out to be a check printed on card stock for $30 for the rebate FINALLY.

After all of the jumping through hoops to get it, I gleefully cashed that SOB on top of being paid the cash. :D But the experience left a bad taste in my mouth and when they offered me the paltry $30 rebate on my $400 PS3 in April, I promptly ripped up the rebate receipt and form and tossed it out.

I only did that because(in this order) 1) for a $399 system the rebate should be a bit more than $30 stinkin' dollars and 2) all of the hassle from last time.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I only did that because(in this order) 1) for a $399 system the rebate should be a bit more than $30 stinkin' dollars and 2) all of the hassle from last time.[/quote]

What kind of reason is that? At least there's even a rebate on it. There aren't many, if any, other B&M stores that do that. Why would you just throw away $30? Hassle or not--yes, the redemption center is freaking awful--the worst that could happen is it wouldn't be a hassle this time around, and you'd get your money right away...

Sheesh, I wish I had enough money to warrant throwing away $30, hassle or not...

[quote name='Maromi']What kind of reason is that? At least there's even a rebate on it. There aren't many, if any, other B&M stores that do that. Why would you just throw away $30? Hassle or not--yes, the redemption center is freaking awful--the worst that could happen is it wouldn't be a hassle this time around, and you'd get your money right away...

Sheesh, I wish I had enough money to warrant throwing away $30, hassle or not...[/quote]

After waiting six fuckin' months for $30 last time(which ended up being $60 after all was said and done :D), I just chose to pass.

Plus, the warranty deadline was either the same day or the day after I got the system, so knowing my procrastinating ass I'd have waited 2 weeks before checking out the forms and missed it.

Of course, I also bought the PS3 using money from my older gen games, which cost me next to nothing due to flipping or clearances/sales. But that's neither here nor there.

The hassle from last time though, that was the MAIN reason that put me off doing it this time really. I know I could've used the $30 for something, but the chance for that is long gone now anyway.

Last time around January I got my 360 and they had a Mail-In-Rebate (it was the same time they had the Halo 3 Mail-In-Rebate). I had no problem getting my rebate, so I mean I'd go for it, because of that I got my Pro with Halo 3, Marvel Alliance and Forza for about 300 bucks.

Hm not bad. I've been meaning to pick up a new 360. I had some stuff to trade in, though I've never traded there before.

Quick question though to a new guy for FYE trading: Do you have to set up an account or anything with them? I looked on their website and searched for the whole process but came up with nothing. Was gonna try to trade in my Rock Band bundle but didn't want to lug the whole thing in there if I needed to sign up and do all this stuff. (Sorry for the noob question)

You do usually have to give them your personal info(license, whatever) when you do a trade-in, so you could say that you DO have to set up an account with them. As for the Rock Band bundle, they'll take the game but won't take the guitar, drums and so on. They didn't take accessories for games with them the last time I traded games in.

They also require that the games are in MINT/pristine condition, otherwise they may reject them. They've even rejected games of mine that had one smudge or fingerprint on them. Believe me, compared to Gamestop, most FYE stores are sticklers about taking stuff in with even smudges/fingerprints on them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You do usually have to give them your personal info(license, whatever) when you do a trade-in, so you could say that you DO have to set up an account with them. As for the Rock Band bundle, they'll take the game but won't take the guitar, drums and so on. They didn't take accessories for games with them the last time I traded games in.

They also require that the games are in MINT/pristine condition, otherwise they may reject them. They've even rejected games of mine that had one smudge or fingerprint on them. Believe me, compared to Gamestop, most FYE stores are sticklers about taking stuff in with even smudges/fingerprints on them.[/quote]

Ah ok thanks. I was mistaken I guess. I looked on secondspin and they listed the Rock Band Special Edition as able to be traded in. Oh well, there goes my plan for Guitar Hero World Tour from there.

bread's done
Back